1American1

My First Visit To Ukraine!

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

did you come back with a signed G-325A from her?

oh- and did she say anything about yer drinking and ordering a paypal card in her name?

Seriously - NICE TO SEE YOU BACK !!!! That was a great writeup of yer visit !!

If you did not get a signed G-325a, do not panic. You don't need one. You DO need a signed "fiancee letter of intent". If you didn't get one of those then you may as well ask her to send a blank, signed, G-325a (or better, two) and you can fill them out for her.

G-325a's do not need to be signed by fiancees who are "abroad" See internal USCIS memo below.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioners signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioners photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send a copy of the oriinal memo on letterhead to print and include in your package if you choose to go that route.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This all seems to be getting a little bit confusing... What exactly is my first step? :blink:

I did not propose to her as of yet. But we do want to get married. And I will absolutely not propose to her online! I will be returning to Ukraine soon. But to get the ball rolling, All I need from her is a signed Fiance' letter of intent? Or do I need the 129F, and the G325A?

This all seems to be getting a little bit confusing... What exactly is my first step? :blink:

I did not propose to her as of yet. But we do want to get married. And I will absolutely not propose to her online! I will be returning to Ukraine soon. But to get the ball rolling, All I need from her is a signed Fiance' letter of intent? Or do I need the 129F, and the G325A?

Roy, of course you are right! The first step is to actually propose :lol: Doing that in person is the classy thing imo. I was told to have her sign the biographical info and the fiance' letter of intent. If you are getting one signature, might as well get both I think.

Here is an example letter of intent Fiance' letter

Also (and I know this will draw fire), I used a VIP service when I took Viktoriya's engagement ring to Ukraine. VIP service basically rushes you through passport control and customs - rush being a relative term in Ukraine. I did this because I was hassled in customs several times in Odessa, and one of the things they always asked about was jewelery and gifts. The tax on jelewery is HUGE, and the customs agents wanted a bribe. VIP is like paying a stiff bribe up front. Now others here will carry on about not using VIP, it isn't necessary, and Ukrainians don't wear engagement rings, etc. I thought it was important - and getting it through without a hassle was too. Since you will be going to Lvov, you may not get the same trouble as in Odessa. I would check with Lviv Lovers, he been there several times I think.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

OMG.jpg[/img]

How the heck do you upload a photo???!!!

You almost have it. When you click insert image, the img indicators have to match. So in the above file, delete the from each side, leaving only the

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Read the guides for the K-1.

Print out an I-129 and G-325a form from this site. start filling them out and read the instructions. Nothing there that isn't on a WalMart job application and there is NOTHING there an attorney can do for you without you telling him what to do.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Nice pic! Vika and I think you look great together.

BS! Brad. He is too young, thin and has too much hair. what does she see in him? :blink:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

What you need from HER for the I-129f...

1. Signed letter of intent to marry (use the example here on VJ)

2. Signed G-325a form

3. Copy of former divorce certificate(s) if any

4. recent passport type photo

THAT IS ALL you need from her for the petition. YOU will fill out and sign the I-129f. You will also need evidence that you have met in person at least one time in the two years previous to filing the petition. Your boarding passes and passport stamps from EITHER (or both) trips are fine along with your excellent photo of you two together (if that really is you, I still say there is way too much hair in that photo)

Please read the list again carefully. NOTE: NO ATTORNEY IN THE WORLD has ANY of those things. What would you be paying him for?

You will need similar things for yourself, including (OMG!!!!) a copy of your birth certificate. Which attorney has that?

The ONLY thing an attorney CAN do, for a couple thousand dollars, is to pay a clerk $12 an hour to fill out the I-129f and G-325a forms on a computer while he goes golfing, AFTER you give him all the information. You can do that also instead of going golfing. Try it. Seriously, a job application at any of the "big box" stores is more complicated.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you Brad and Vika! You guys look great too!

Gary And Alla: Were you joking? or were you serious? Too much hair? lol. But yes, I was wondering what she saw in me. Thank god looks don't matter to her. hahaha...

And yes, we both decided we do not need an attorney to fill out the form for us. It looks very simple. And we have all of that information. The forms are almost complete..

Timeline

Thank you Brad and Vika! You guys look great too!

Gary And Alla: Were you joking? or were you serious? Too much hair? lol. But yes, I was wondering what she saw in me. Thank god looks don't matter to her. hahaha...

And yes, we both decided we do not need an attorney to fill out the form for us. It looks very simple. And we have all of that information. The forms are almost complete..

Yes I am joking. It is an old RUB forum joke that all the women are HOT HOT and the men are too old, too fat, too bald and wealthy. It is a viscious racial stereotype given to us by jealous Canadian women who don't get the choice American men like the FSU chicks do. Our wives have the BEST men, because they are the BEST women. Ask anyone!

For the record...I am NOT fat.

(FSU = Former Soviet Union and RUB = Russia/Ukraine/Belarus) We also have the best, most polite, most interesting, most helpful, most cerebral regional forum of them all. Ask anyone.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

BS! Brad. He is too young, thin and has too much hair. what does she see in him? :blink:

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you have not already done so, go the the VJ Guides section and thoroughly read the K-1 guide and look at the various sample completed forms. Then start asking questions here or on the K-1 forum. "You're getting the cart before the horse."

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.