SMOKE

LA Votes in Favor of Arizona Boycott

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay lets use your stats, as I cannot be bothered finding the .gov website used for the other stats- which shows the level to now be 50% vs 11%

42,687,224/400,000 = 106

237,854,954/(800,000*.13) = 2,287

Every 1 in 106 Hispanics is in a gang.

In comparison, 1 in 2,287 Caucasians is in a gang

2287/106 = 21.57

Hispanics are ~22 times more likely to be in a gang than Caucasians.

yeah so....

the point I was trying to make that Hispanic gang members make up a very small percent of the total Hispanic population

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Indeed. It still means jack $hit.

What is he saying - that so long as the police round up 100 latinos that they can be sure of netting 1 gang member?

:wow:

I was waiting for this post. Once again, it has proven that no matter what, your opinion is above all.

Work is done.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was waiting for this post. Once again, it has proven that no matter what, your opinion is above all.

Work is done.

What is the point that you are trying to make with these statistics?

It would be one thing if 50% of latinos were gang members, but it's clearly not the case. What exactly is Law Enforcement supposed to do with a 1/100 probability? It might as well be 1/1000!

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay lets use your stats, as I cannot be bothered finding the .gov website used for the other stats- which shows the level to now be 50% vs 11%

42,687,224/400,000 = 106

237,854,954/(800,000*.13) = 2,287

Every 1 in 106 Hispanics is in a gang.

In comparison, 1 in 2,287 Caucasians is in a gang

2287/106 = 21.57

Hispanics are ~22 times more likely to be in a gang than Caucasians.

There is no point in argung your statistics. I assume they are correct.

How will Arizona's new law change this? How will any immigration law change this? Please be specific.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It would be one thing if 50% of latinos were gang members, but it's clearly not the case. What exactly is Law Enforcement supposed to do with a 1/100 probability? It might as well be 1/1000!

Right right. So I guess in your opinion it's the same deal with homicides then. Surely since not all commit homicides, then that fact that one group has ~4% of rate of another means diddly-squat. Apparently "because not everyone does it".

I do enjoy your failed attempt to claim I said something when I did not and ignore what I am actually pointing out.

Perhaps we need not compare crime rates at all ever again because surely even in the country with a homicide rate 100 times that of the UK, "not everyone does it". :lol:

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

There is no point in argung your statistics. I assume they are correct.

How will Arizona's new law change this? How will any immigration law change this? Please be specific.

Gary you are dealing with idiots, therefore, nothing will get through. Your post regarding illegal aliens was spot-on but even it cannot seem to register beyond the knee-jerk robotic response of 'you hate brown people'.

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Right right. So I guess in your opinion it's the same deal with homicides then. Surely since not all commit homicides, then that fact that one group has ~4% of rate of another means diddly-squat. Apparently "because not everyone does it".

I do enjoy your failed attempt to claim I said something when I did not and ignore what I am actually pointing out.

Perhaps we need not compare crime rates at all ever again because surely even in the country with a homicide rate 100 times that of the UK, "not everyone does it". :lol:

What does Law Enforcement do with a 1/100 probability?

What does Law Enforcement do with a 1/100 probability?

Sorry mate but your argument works both ways. From now on when you mention anything like socioeconomics, I am just going to pull a Marylin and Pike and say well not all minorities are poor, so I don't care - you're generalizing. So when you tell me, for example, two out of three in poverty are minorities, I will simply ask 'if it's 50% of minorities', othwerwise I don't care nor does it mean anything.

Thankfully that sort of idiocy is not common in the real world.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Why do you support the exploitation of Hispanics? why do you support human trafficking to profit greedy American business men? Why are you against minimum wage? why are you against workman's compensation? Why are you against ALL workers having safeguards for themselves or their families? Would you accept this for yourself or your wife? Would you work for less than minimum wage because you are "not from here" Should you be denied workman's comp if you get injured at work? Or do you just want brown people to be denied these things?

A couple years ago they found 21 illegal Chinese, men and women sharing a home in Essex, Vermont. They had been brought here to work in restaraunts for tips only. Their "wages" were confiscated to pay what they "owed" for being brought here. The women and men sharing one bathroom in this house were illegals, but no one checked their IDs...good thing we didn't violate their privacy rights. The women were "allowed" to "earn" extra money by providing sexual services to the business owners and their friends. Imagine my surprise when I found this out! Who would even think a woman illegal alien would be exploited for sex? Who would imagine? Of course they did not contribute to SS or medicare, they had no workman's comp for on the job injuries or illnesses, or even STDs, imagine that! Family and medical leave in case they are pregnant, what do you suppose?

But you and all the people that support the "rights" of illegals promote this. Why? Do you hate illegal aliens? Do you hate minimum wage and just want to find a way so businesses do not have to pay it? Do you hate worker's benefits?

Are YOU exploiting humans in your business and don't want your source of cheap labor ended? I mean, what is it that you would be against enforcing labor laws?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary you are dealing with idiots, therefore, nothing will get through. Your post regarding illegal aliens was spot-on but even it cannot seem to register beyond the knee-jerk robotic response of 'you hate brown people'.

Actually, see, I LOVE brown people. I PREFER brown people. I WANT brown people to be paid minimum wage (at least) and have all the wage and hour benefits, paid vacations, protection from injuries and payment of wages and medical expenses if they get hurt. I want brown people to be protected from sexual harassement and I want them to be able to file complaints with the proper authorities any time they are not paid according or treated according to law. Don't you?

I want ANY employer that does not follow ourt laws to be severely punished. I want them to have their business and property confiscated to pay the penalty for exploiting humans. Don't you?

I want ALL workers to have the same protections, rights and opportunities that I have...don't you?

Gary And Alla

Actually, see, I LOVE brown people. I PREFER brown people. I WANT brown people to be paid minimum wage (at least) and have all the wage and hour benefits, paid vacations, protection from injuries and payment of wages and medical expenses if they get hurt. I want brown people to be protected from sexual harassement and I want them to be able to file complaints with the proper authorities any time they are not paid according or treated according to law. Don't you?

I want ANY employer that does not follow ourt laws to be severely punished. I want them to have their business and property confiscated to pay the penalty for exploiting humans. Don't you?

I want ALL workers to have the same protections, rights and opportunities that I have...don't you?

Apparently I do not.

Filed: Timeline

Absolutely. You're spot on on the issue. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Illegal is not a race. Those who insist on cloaking enforcement of immigration laws in racist terms do so because they have no better arguement than name calling. The hypocrisy of name calling in defense of not singling people out due to race or ethnicity is evident in the high probability that those whose call the supporters of AZ's law racist is that they are the same ones who support singling people out on the basis of race for affirmative action. If you don't like discriminating along racial lines, don't scream racism at every turn. It's no longer effective anyway.

The only thing this proves is 70% of Arizonans are stupid or racist. Take your pick.

This issue, and this law, have NOTHING to do with murder, drug dealers, violence crossing the border or 4th amendment rights. Any such arguments are diversions by racists who want to keep brown people subservient, keep them dependent on the government, avoid the labor laws our congress passes to protect workers, etc. OR they are put forth by stupid people that have no clue what they are talking about.

Anyone who "defends" the rights of illegals to be free from searches, but has no problem with them working on roofs without safety harnesses is a racist. Anyone who wants to exploit them for cheap labor is a racist. Anyone who believes we should have a minimum wage...but not for illegals is a racist. Anyone who thinks we should have workman's comp but not for illegals is a racist.

Anyone that thinks this is anything but an economical problem is stupid. Anyone that thinks any "solution" other than an economical one will do anything is either stupid or a racist covering his motives of human exploitation.

This issue generates the most stupid comments by otherwise sane people that any issue generates.

Criminal activity is regulated by criminal laws. Not by immigration laws. We have all the laws necessary to arrest and detain people engaged in criminal activity whether they are illegally present or US citizens. One's immigration stauts has absolutely zero to do with whether one is engaged in otrher criminal activity and absolutely zero to do with whether they can be detained, asked for ID or arrested.