adiiann

Husband teaching Wife to Drive

52 posts in this topic

lol...I bring a 6 pack with me and a fifth of southern comfort!!!

Here are some Beer Nuts to go with that 6 pack Charlie....:lol:51pr2Aw%2BqYL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here are some Beer Nuts to go with that 6 pack Charlie....:lol:51pr2Aw%2BqYL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

thanks but do you have any cashews instead???

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

As far as I remembered, when I posted about driving here, some said it's better that my husband let me take class at driving school because it's more cheaper than counselling. I disagree in the part that my husband should take me to driving school.

My husband taught me how to drive during the whole winter season. I know I am so stubborn and really hard headed sometimes but he have bottomless patience for me. LoL. Anyway, I got my driver license without taking class at the driving school and we didn't end up in counselling. LoL.

Anyway, because of his hardship in teaching how to drive, I treat him with yummy chicago chili dog and ice cream from our local creamy here. LoL.

Anyway, I am just happy to share these things. As for husbands, you don't have to spend $700 for driving school without the 100% guarantee that she will pass road test. It would be nice to spend it for a wonderful dates.

Congrats to you. Your husband must have had much time to be able to teach you well enough to pass unless you had drove before in the Phils. What if your husband had to work 11 hours a day 6 days a week since you been in the USA and during that time you became pregnant. Now you can maybe see why some people it is better to go to driving school. Each person has a different situation and for some driving school is best and for others it is not. You can not say driving school is a waste of money and also some people may be good teachers and others not good teachers. Maybe your husband does not have a job and many hours every day to teach you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to you. Your husband must have had much time to be able to teach you well enough to pass unless you had drove before in the Phils. What if your husband had to work 11 hours a day 6 days a week since you been in the USA and during that time you became pregnant. Now you can maybe see why some people it is better to go to driving school. Each person has a different situation and for some driving school is best and for others it is not. You can not say driving school is a waste of money and also some people may be good teachers and others not good teachers. Maybe your husband does not have a job and many hours every day to teach you.

My husband is working 8 hours a day and 5 times a week and I have part time job. Aside from that we have scheduled review for his professional exam everyday and most of the weekend. We also have some social obligations to our friends and family most of the time esp during holidays. I didn't drive when I was in the Philippines because its not necessary for me plus I am quite busy. I only learned how to drive when I got here and of course my husband taught me how to dive, and I learned how to drive during winter season here, which only gave us maximum of 5 hours a week because of the season. I started practice driving everyday for at least an hour when the Spring season started. Yeah, I don't deny that me and my husband almost yelling each other in some occasion during the practice driving esp. when I am almost about to get accident. But as most said, it's an adventure for both me and my husband. Like keep driving in the highway because I couldn't get the right timing to turn at the exit because I'm scared and then hearing your husband saying "you can do it babe", though he is nervous too. I am the first person he taught how to drive.

Time shouldn't be an issue if both of you determine to do so. Sometimes, laziness is one of the factor why it's hard to learn something. I didn't say that driving school is not good, what I wanted to convey is that spending around $700 for driving school is not a guarantee that your wife will pass the road test. As other said here, its the fun part to teach wife how to drive.

Anyway..... here in IL, if you are above 18 years old, you don't need to go to driving school, as soon as you passed the written exam, you are given 1 year to take your road test.

By the way, thanks you guys, I know learning how to drive and getting driver's license here in US is really an accomplishment because it will give you more mobility. For the husband, be adventurous... LoL... I know it's kinda nerve wracking esp. when your wife is like me that always stop 3 ft away from the car in front of me. LoL

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Hello there! Congrats! My husband is trying to teach me how to drive for 2 weekends now. :D We go to vacant parking lot or school campus during weekend. One time when im driving my husband is shouting at me to stop as i'm about to hit the post. :lol: He really concern about his car being crash. :whistle:

I guess, all men are concern about their car. Hahahaha! I have same thing about my husband. It's good idea to choose vacant parking lot for practice. Try also back roads if you have there, not so much traffic.

Timeline

lol....it is really hard to teach girl than guy for driving..my husband already teach me how to drive since i had already idea for driving but not car moped..lol...i like driving moped than car bec. it is really hard when the car is manual...lol...our cAr is automatic so my hubby not much worry and lazy to teach me how to drive... :dance::dance::dance: but on the first time he teach me i got scared and really stubborn...hahaha.. :bonk::bonk: hayyysss...but thank god now i know how to drive already...though i don't have yet license.. :whistle::whistle:

One thing I observed here, make sure you know who have the right of way, that's one thing that sucks in the Philippines. LoL. You will not have problem with automatic as you know already how to drive. Just pay attention with the traffic rules compare in controlling cars.

One thing I observed here, make sure you know who have the right of way, that's one thing that sucks in the Philippines.

Yeah...in the Philippines...the car that gets there first has the right of way! :rofl:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

I taught my wife to drive, and now she has her drivers license.

I will not say anything else about the subject. :whistle:

If I say anything, my wife will... :bonk:

Filed: Timeline

We paid 300 dollars for an 8 hours/2 hours a day driving lesson and on my 3rd day of practice I took the road test and passed I got 96!Prior to that, my husband and I already had some practice in parking lots and school yards so I gained my confidence through him.

We hired a driving instructor to continue teaching me because of his work schedule and we don’t want to continue arguing when I practice and I wanted him to relax on weekends too instead of stressing himself to teach me.

Husband teaching wife to drive can be done but it doesn’t apply to every couple. If you can afford to pay a driving instructor then just spend some money it saves both your sanity. :whistle:

725451hqye09hovg.gif

Been there, done that.

thanks but do you have any cashews instead???

51n0CYJxBUL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Will this work for you Charlie?

I taught my wife to drive, and now she has her drivers license.

I will not say anything else about the subject. :whistle:

If I say anything, my wife will... :bonk:

I hear you brother!:P

Congratulations, you did a good job in your driving lessons, I remember you posted in my topics about driving . I hope soon I can get mine too, planning to have road test few weeks from now I`m just mastering my parallel parking ang backing....! Thanks for sharing your experience...!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guess what! I'm the winner in this topic.

I used to brag a lot about my driving skills to my husband. Whenever he let me drive and correct my way of driving, I usually answer it with the years of driving that I have had in the Philippines without being issued a ticket whatsoever.. My motto back then was.. If no ticket was issued to me in the Philippines for almost 8 years of driving.. how much more in the US?!

So last month, my husband asked me to buy milk at Fred Meyers, few blocks from the house. I was like "alright, I have the Philippine Driver's License with me anyway, so whatever happens I'll just show it as proof of ID (in WA foreign licences are valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the US). Then here comes the TURN LANE -- freakin (excuse the lang) lane thats never included in the PHilippine rules. I didn't notice that when I was already running over the wrong lane... to my surprise when i looked at the rear view mirror.. I saw an ambulance! I just continued and tried signalling to the right to give way --- and guess what that ambulance is?! a COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly bowed and knelt on my knees just so the officer won't confiscate my license.. good grief.. even if my driving skills sucked that night but at least my speaking and negotiating skills worked perfectly allowing the officer to just say "do better next time and be sure to get a "WA State Driver's License!"

I ended up going home trembling!!! My husband was laughing out loud hearing the kind of reasoning I told the officer in charge.

LESSON: Never brag too much specially if you've been observing the kind of Traffic rules we have in the Philippines!

Know the difference between an ambulance and a police car -- according to my husband :rofl::bonk:

Edited by GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel

I-129F Sent : July 23, 2009
Check Cashed : July 29, 2009
NOA1 : July 28, 2009
NOA2 : October 21, 2009
Left NVC : October 28, 2009
USEM Letter Received : November 12, 2009
Medical Passed : December 15/16, 2009
Interview Passed : January 19, 2010
Visa Received : January 26, 2010 12:30pm
Arrived in the US : February 3, 2010
POE: Seattle, Tacoma WA

Wedding : March 20, 2010

AOS
Submission of AOS application
I485, I131, and I765 : May 02, 2010
Receipt Notice Received : May 06, 2010
Check Cashed : May 07, 2010
Biometrics Appointment : May 24, 2010
Card Production Ordered EAD: July 12, 2010
Advance Parole (Touched - Post Decision Activity): July 12, 2010
EAD Card Received : July 22, 2010
AP Document Received : July 15, 2010
Passed Drivers Test : October 5, 2010
Hired (First Job in the US) September 27, 2010
AOS Interview : January 05, 2011
Welcome Letter and Green card received: January 11, 2011

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
Card Expiration: January 5, 2013
I-751 Joint Petition Rcvd by USCIS: October 25, 2012
Check Cashed : October 29, 2012
Biometrics NOA : October 31, 2012
Biometrics Appointment : November 23, 2012

Approved: May 22, 2013

Timeline

My husband is working 8 hours a day and 5 times a week and I have part time job. Aside from that we have scheduled review for his professional exam everyday and most of the weekend. We also have some social obligations to our friends and family most of the time esp during holidays. I didn't drive when I was in the Philippines because its not necessary for me plus I am quite busy. I only learned how to drive when I got here and of course my husband taught me how to dive, and I learned how to drive during winter season here, which only gave us maximum of 5 hours a week because of the season. I started practice driving everyday for at least an hour when the Spring season started. Yeah, I don't deny that me and my husband almost yelling each other in some occasion during the practice driving esp. when I am almost about to get accident. But as most said, it's an adventure for both me and my husband. Like keep driving in the highway because I couldn't get the right timing to turn at the exit because I'm scared and then hearing your husband saying "you can do it babe", though he is nervous too. I am the first person he taught how to drive.

Time shouldn't be an issue if both of you determine to do so. Sometimes, laziness is one of the factor why it's hard to learn something. I didn't say that driving school is not good, what I wanted to convey is that spending around $700 for driving school is not a guarantee that your wife will pass the road test. As other said here, its the fun part to teach wife how to drive.

Anyway..... here in IL, if you are above 18 years old, you don't need to go to driving school, as soon as you passed the written exam, you are given 1 year to take your road test.

By the way, thanks you guys, I know learning how to drive and getting driver's license here in US is really an accomplishment because it will give you more mobility. For the husband, be adventurous... LoL... I know it's kinda nerve wracking esp. when your wife is like me that always stop 3 ft away from the car in front of me. LoL

congrats!!! :dance: I got my lerner's permit last november so im also working hard to have my license this yr. its so hard for us who had no prior knowledge on driving to be the one driving, my husband tried to be calm everytime im the one the steering wheel but he can't. when I know he's blood about to burst i just keep quiet & concentrate. My work place is just 2 blocks away from our house so I told him just get me a bike or i might just drive the mower atleast i dont need license for that hehehe. But anyways living in the small town where there is no public transpo i must learn to drive & have a driver license. :wacko:

Guess what! I'm the winner in this topic.

I used to brag a lot about my driving skills to my husband. Whenever he let me drive and correct my way of driving, I usually answer it with the years of driving that I have had in the Philippines without being issued a ticket whatsoever.. My motto back then was.. If no ticket was issued to me in the Philippines for almost 8 years of driving.. how much more in the US?!

So last month, my husband asked me to buy milk at Fred Meyers, few blocks from the house. I was like "alright, I have the Philippine Driver's License with me anyway, so whatever happens I'll just show it as proof of ID (in WA foreign licences are valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the US). Then here comes the TURN LANE -- freakin (excuse the lang) lane thats never included in the PHilippine rules. I didn't notice that when I was already running over the wrong lane... to my surprise when i looked at the rear view mirror.. I saw an ambulance! I just continued and tried signalling to the right to give way --- and guess what that ambulance is?! a COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly bowed and knelt on my knees just so the officer won't confiscate my license.. good grief.. even if my driving skills sucked that night but at least my speaking and negotiating skills worked perfectly allowing the officer to just say "do better next time and be sure to get a "WA State Driver's License!"

I ended up going home trembling!!! My husband was laughing out loud hearing the kind of reasoning I told the officer in charge.

LESSON: Never brag too much specially if you've been observing the kind of Traffic rules we have in the Philippines!

Know the difference between an ambulance and a police car -- according to my husband rofl.gifheadbonk.gif

GuardianAngel,

So, you really learn a good lesson. At least you didn't get a ticket whistling.gif There's one filipina here in our town that keeps on brag'n that she have a DL from the Philippines. And guess what.... she doesn't know how to drive headbonk.gif (I guess she just pay to get a DL). It took more than 2 years for her to learn how to drive and get her DL.(She's 40 something years old) The first few months she drove through the back roads rofl.gif and brag that she's a really good driver headbonk.gif

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.