Britain's David Cameron becomes PM; Brown out

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

The Tories committed to a referendum on the alternative vote. Not full PR though.

Good.

Never liked Gordon Brown. Never ever trusted Tony "soundbite" Blair. The UK was robbed of an opportunity when John Smith passed away and left the Labour Party to those two.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like a very pared down agenda.

And nothing about electoral reform?

How much of an agenda can you expect from a coalition, where the party with the plurality believes in privatization of essential services, and the minor party believes in expanding the catalogue of those services?

Have you had a look at the agenda yet? I wouldn't say it was exactly empty, and much will not have been announced, given that the first Cabinet meeting has yet to occur.

I think the idea of bringing fascists and pinkos together is just yummy.luv.gif I would totally do Clegg.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Have you had a look at the agenda yet? I wouldn't say it was exactly empty, and much will not have been announced, given that the first Cabinet meeting has yet to occur.

I think the idea of bringing fascists and pinkos together is just yummy.luv.gif I would totally do Clegg.

What about Foggy? Or even Compo?

article-1196789-058EB298000005DC-834_468x330.jpg

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

I trust Cameron about as much as I was prepared to trust Tony Blair, which is about as far as I could shotput the Ark Royal.

The only thing Cameron has in his favour is that he isn't as devious as Bliar.

It's certainly nothing to get really excited about. The Tories don't have a conclusive mandate to rule government and the silly American folks who identify with them on the basis that they are "Conservative" are just being silly as they have zero in common with them besides the label.

As with Obama, the new government is going to be horrendously unpopular as savage cuts are inevitable in order to prevent economic collapse. The employment rate is going to go sky high when the government takes a meat cleaver to public sector employees.

You sound like a sore loser, just saying.