MIkee & Livee

When should I see a "Touch"

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Quick question...

I have begun to see that people with similar timelines are receiving NOA2s and interview dates, all seem to be very similar cases as mine. Vermont Service Center... Manila Consulate ect...

When did anyone see the date change for a "touch" when they checked their case status on USCIS web site?

When you finally saw a "touch" how long did it take to get NOA2?

I ask just to plan ahead I want to go and be there for my Liv when she goes thru this and timing is everything.

Also this is my first real post and I want to say thanks to the creators of this site and everyone here, if not for this site this process would have seemed much more daunting than it really is, so Thanks to all.

utkmheoy0uli.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

a "touche" no makes difference, that means your case is beeing looked at but with no changes. I never saw a touch in my case

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline

I have seen "touch" defined on this site as those times your file has something done to it even if it is simply moved.

I am glad to hear some did not see any date change that makes me feel better as I too check daily and the USCIS site still shows the same date from 3 months ago. Thanks.

utkmheoy0uli.png

A 'touch' is what we call it when they scan the bar-code stuck to your file (applied sometime during when your package was received, taken apart and put into a folder).

Am not sure how many reasons there are for a file's bar-code getting scanned but they include; moving it, counting it, moving it again, and finally (the best reason), someone opening it and looking inside. You'll see if/when this happens, when you see the Date Last Updated date change while checking your case status online (USCIS.gov).

Many people never get 'touched' until the day they get approved while others get touched multiple times (stop giggling). Its nice to see something happening at least but if you never get touched, don't worry. :star:

We had a touch on ours because they had misspelled her last name, and I got on it as soon as I got the NOA1, never saw a touch after that, but got the NOA2 after 92 days.

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Quick question...

I have begun to see that people with similar timelines are receiving NOA2s and interview dates, all seem to be very similar cases as mine. Vermont Service Center... Manila Consulate ect...

When did anyone see the date change for a "touch" when they checked their case status on USCIS web site?

When you finally saw a "touch" how long did it take to get NOA2?

I ask just to plan ahead I want to go and be there for my Liv when she goes thru this and timing is everything.

Also this is my first real post and I want to say thanks to the creators of this site and everyone here, if not for this site this process would have seemed much more daunting than it really is, so Thanks to all.

HI, My husband filed I130 last april 2009 and no "touch" till we file I129F last Dec 2009. Then we got mail from them for biometrics last feb 2010, after that they transferred our case from CSC to VSC last april 2010. They said they transferred our case because they have already a jurisdiction..blah blah.. Now at May, they checking/updating our case ever now and then. No NOA2 for almost a year.

Goodluck!

Timeline

Well like everyone said no touch then out of nowhere email NOA2 on the way approved. Now off to the NVC and then Manilla.... Thank the Lord we are moving forward.

utkmheoy0uli.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.