Advanced Aardvark

Moscow Medical Exams - 2010

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Soon, Olga and her son will need to schedule medical exams in Moscow. Can anyone share current experiences with the Filatov or IOM clinics in Moscow?

Thanks,

Tim

There used to be complaints about IOM but that was a long time ago. Recently things seem OK there and you get the results the same day assuming your lady doesn't have to run around Moscow getting additional tests which is very unlikely. The Filatov clinic used to be hardly used due to limited hours, being hard to reach, and I think more expensive. But recently a third clinic. MOM, was taken off the approved list for some reason. It used to be one of the main clinics. So Filatov has become more used. I'd probably use IOM but I'm not up on recent experiences there and no one has posted much about medical experiences lately.

I hope those with recent interviews will share about the clinics they used.

Good luck.

There used to be complaints about IOM but that was a long time ago. Recently things seem OK there and you get the results the same day assuming your lady doesn't have to run around Moscow getting additional tests which is very unlikely. The Filatov clinic used to be hardly used due to limited hours, being hard to reach, and I think more expensive. But recently a third clinic. MOM, was taken off the approved list for some reason. It used to be one of the main clinics. So Filatov has become more used. I'd probably use IOM but I'm not up on recent experiences there and no one has posted much about medical experiences lately.

I hope those with recent interviews will share about the clinics they used.

Good luck.

I think there was a post on VJ (somewhere) that MOM is the Russian acronym for IOM. So, possibly it was just the acronym that was removed. The US Embassy web site (Moscow) lists three clinics, but the third one is for another geographic region.

I also hope that there are some postings about recent experiences with these clinics. Olga's stress level about the interview is ramping up, so if I can reduce anxiety about the medical exam, it would be good.

Thank you for the reply.

Timeline

I think there was a post on VJ (somewhere) that MOM is the Russian acronym for IOM. So, possibly it was just the acronym that was removed. The US Embassy web site (Moscow) lists three clinics, but the third one is for another geographic region.

I also hope that there are some postings about recent experiences with these clinics. Olga's stress level about the interview is ramping up, so if I can reduce anxiety about the medical exam, it would be good.

Thank you for the reply.

You're right about MOM, excuse me. The other clinic was AO Meditsina. Yes, there is another clinic for a different city but I forget which one. I'm guessing most people use IOM due to same day results but maybe that is true for Filatov also. Of all the clinics, it seems Filatov is the least reported on clinic. Not much feedback.

You're right about MOM, excuse me. The other clinic was AO Meditsina. Yes, there is another clinic for a different city but I forget which one. I'm guessing most people use IOM due to same day results but maybe that is true for Filatov also. Of all the clinics, it seems Filatov is the least reported on clinic. Not much feedback.

I looked at prints from the embassy web site from early last year, and you are correct, AO Meditsina was also a clinic. I wonder why they were dropped? Mmmmmm...foreign intrigue!

Timeline

I looked at prints from the embassy web site from early last year, and you are correct, AO Meditsina was also a clinic. I wonder why they were dropped? Mmmmmm...foreign intrigue!

I'd like to know also. I can share my wife used AO Meditsina and they had her running all over Moscow getting extra tests and lab work for no clear reason. When she returned the next day for results they had her do more tests. Ultimately they OKed her results but she almost missed her interview because of them. Maybe they had a racket going on to make more money? But I never heard of anyone else having this problem so I don't know. It was a very bad experience for my wife to say the least.

I'd like to know also. I can share my wife used AO Meditsina and they had her running all over Moscow getting extra tests and lab work for no clear reason. When she returned the next day for results they had her do more tests. Ultimately they OKed her results but she almost missed her interview because of them. Maybe they had a racket going on to make more money? But I never heard of anyone else having this problem so I don't know. It was a very bad experience for my wife to say the least.

I can imagine the stress level for your wife, and also for you. This is why I thought to ask about the clinics. I'd like to reduce overall stress levels for Olga.

She asked me why a medical exam was required, and joking, I told her they are trying to keep out girls with large feet. Her foot size is a little larger than normal. I thought this was funny, but she was not really amused. Olga has a great sense of humor, and it was then that I realized just how stressed she was about the exam and interview.

Timeline

I can imagine the stress level for your wife, and also for you. This is why I thought to ask about the clinics. I'd like to reduce overall stress levels for Olga.

She asked me why a medical exam was required, and joking, I told her they are trying to keep out girls with large feet. Her foot size is a little larger than normal. I thought this was funny, but she was not really amused. Olga has a great sense of humor, and it was then that I realized just how stressed she was about the exam and interview.

There hasn't been anyone complaining about medical exams lately that I'm aware of...so all should go well. But you're wise to not take this too lightly either.

I wish you both an easy medical exam and interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

hello there,

Filatov's clinic is mainly for those with kids, and in general it has had better reviews.

If Olga is interested, she can read the Russian-girls-analogue of VJ

http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/forum24.html

But overall, she has nothing to worry about, much as I have read on medicals in Russia, NO ONE has been denied a visa due to medical reasons...or no one posted on such experience :whistle: .

Good luck to you and Olga.

Feb, 20, 2010 - engagement

May, 8, 2010 - I 129F SENT

May, 12, 2010 - NOA 1

August, 5, 2010 - NOA 2

September, 7, 2010 - interview, APPROVED!

September, 15, 2010 - POE Chicago

November, 12, 2010 - WEDDING

January, 27, 2011 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

March, 3, 2011 - BIOMETRICS appointment

March, 25, 2011 - EAD and AP approved

April, 4, 2011 - EAD and AP in mail

April, 28, 2011 - AOS interview appointment

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Meditsina was taken off the list back in October because the Embassy did not renew their certification. Word was that they would reapply some time this year. I'd email the Embassy and inquire; the Embassy isn't always that swift to update their website. They are the best with nice lobby with piano player; like at Bloomingdales!!!

From what I remember from when Alla and Leonid did their medicals last year (Alla got in under the wire at Meditsina) is that Filatov is only doing children (may have changed by now) and IOM was the last resort. Read some of the medical report that can be found around the October - December timeframe last year as there were a few reports from IOM (lots of walking from building to building but not too bad).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

hello there,

Filatov's clinic is mainly for those with kids, and in general it has had better reviews.

If Olga is interested, she can read the Russian-girls-analogue of VJ

http://www.zaokeanom...um/forum24.html

But overall, she has nothing to worry about, much as I have read on medicals in Russia, NO ONE has been denied a visa due to medical reasons...or no one posted on such experience :whistle: .

Good luck to you and Olga.

Thank you. This information is helpful. Olga's son is enjoying this process. For him, it is a big adventure. He is more excited about meeting my Chow-Chow dog than anything else. Olga is feeling some stress now, because the pace of activity has increased. She will be OK. I will definitely point her towards that forum.

:thumbs:

Meditsina was taken off the list back in October because the Embassy did not renew their certification. Word was that they would reapply some time this year. I'd email the Embassy and inquire; the Embassy isn't always that swift to update their website. They are the best with nice lobby with piano player; like at Bloomingdales!!!

From what I remember from when Alla and Leonid did their medicals last year (Alla got in under the wire at Meditsina) is that Filatov is only doing children (may have changed by now) and IOM was the last resort. Read some of the medical report that can be found around the October - December timeframe last year as there were a few reports from IOM (lots of walking from building to building but not too bad).

Thank you. It is interesting, another posting indicated that Meditsina had people visiting many places for additional testing. I will definitely read the posts from the tail end of last year. Half the battle with research is knowing where to look. :)

:yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you. This information is helpful. Olga's son is enjoying this process. For him, it is a big adventure. He is more excited about meeting my Chow-Chow dog than anything else. Olga is feeling some stress now, because the pace of activity has increased. She will be OK. I will definitely point her towards that forum.

:thumbs:

Tell her to be careful about what she reads on these other forums. I know that Alla did a lot of "research" on these types of forums during our visa waiting process and she read a lot of "horrible movie" stories of other Russians' experiences while living in the US. I was always able to counter these stories and she did her own "verification of the facts" but she may be bombarded with negativism. If she wants/needs, I can have Alla get in contact with her (email or Skype or phone) if she wants to talk to someone live and "been through it".

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Tell her to be careful about what she reads on these other forums. I know that Alla did a lot of "research" on these types of forums during our visa waiting process and she read a lot of "horrible movie" stories of other Russians' experiences while living in the US. I was always able to counter these stories and she did her own "verification of the facts" but she may be bombarded with negativism. If she wants/needs, I can have Alla get in contact with her (email or Skype or phone) if she wants to talk to someone live and "been through it".

Phil

Tanya had the same experience. There are some terrible stories floating around out there on some sites. Also, some very very negative people, as well.

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Phil

Understood. Generally, I find most forums follow a "bell curve" with respect to opinions. 10% are ecstatic and walking on air, 10% are feeling used and abused; the rest of us are somewhere in the middle. Some of my friends in Russian and Ukraine are quite fatigued from encounters with the many Мудак Men. It is a hard fact, but many men are taking advantage of women in Eastern Europe, so a portion of the negative opinions are certainly justified.

I will advise Olga about the spectrum of opinions, and welcome any discussions that follow. Right now, Olga is having fun with some of the "opinions" about life in the US. For about a week, I had her convinced that she would be a "Soccer Mom", and there was a rule that Soccer Moms were required to drive mini-vans. :) My brother quashed that, when we were having a chat on Skype. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.