im calling out anyone who got a interview for the summers months

36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The timelines right now are empty. From what it looks like October is the next interviews. There is a CR-1 and and a K-1 scheduled for late October according to the other discussions. Who knows what Ghana is doing. Once i get my date (maybe december or january) i will be writing to my senator but untill then i have to sit back and wait some more since Ghana is taking their time....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The timelines right now are empty. From what it looks like October is the next interviews. There is a CR-1 and and a K-1 scheduled for late October according to the other discussions. Who knows what Ghana is doing. Once i get my date (maybe december or january) i will be writing to my senator but untill then i have to sit back and wait some more since Ghana is taking their time....

I feel you on the waiting until you get your interview date before writing to your senator - nobody wants to do anything that might risk their process. Isn't it a shame that we must feel that way? I'm not saying that I am any different than you or anyone else who is hesitant to challenge the process at this stage of the game. I am just wandering how many of us would really follow follow through with a complaint once our process has moved along - probably why nothing improves at the Ghana embassy. It is a real dilema that we have.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

I just want to see when its scheduled for before I complain.... cause right now I can only say what others are experiencing not myself. you know? I am willing to make a stink. Even if it doesn't effect me hopefully it will help others in the future. I know K-3 and CR-1s have a much longer wait then k-1s in general for interviews. I will take a 6 month wait if that is what they give us (i mean i will ask, but really wont expect a change) and there is nothing i can do because i know there are others in a worse spot then i am. I will still write to congress because its not fair. We deserve better then this! I hope we can see results someday soon. We just have to be eachother's support, give what information we have and help eachother. I know we all want our case approved and our love ones here- but if we start getting mad and frustrated at each other then we wont help this process out.

-midge

Timeline

I feel you on the waiting until you get your interview date before writing to your senator - nobody wants to do anything that might risk their process. Isn't it a shame that we must feel that way? I'm not saying that I am any different than you or anyone else who is hesitant to challenge the process at this stage of the game. I am just wandering how many of us would really follow follow through with a complaint once our process has moved along - probably why nothing improves at the Ghana embassy. It is a real dilema that we have.

I agree...sometimes we hesitate to complain because we secretly fear that our chances will be hurt or our case maybe delayed on purpose. I think that the embassy knows that we as a collective hold will not call our senators or ask questions or hold the embassy accountable in many ways or even follow through. It has been like this so long that it is the norm for them. If we will just consistently follow through and fight to be united with our families...it will cause change; but it has to be all of us fighting...writing...consistently.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us...

CR-1

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate Ghana

Marriage: 2008-10-25

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-02

I-130 NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F Sent: 2009-05-02

I-129F NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F NOA2: 2009-08-14

I-130 Approval: 2009-08-14

File rec'd @ NVC: 2009-08-26

Called NVC to get case #: 2009-08-28

1st email frm NVC: 2009-08-31

Rec'd & Paid AOS fees: 2009-08-31

AOS fees show PAID: 2009-09-02

DS-3020 sent: 2009-09-02

AOS Pack Sent: 2009-09-08

IV Bill Rec'd & Paid: 2009-09-15

IV fees show PAID: 2009-09-16

DS-230 cover page generated: 2009-09-15

DS-230 pack sent: 2009-09-18

Case complete: 2009-10-20

File 4warded 2 Embassy: 2010-04-16

Interview date: OCTOBER 19TH, 2010

Visa pick up date:

Leaving Ghana:

Pick up from airport:

Timeline

Well from what I am seeing we have a pretty strong group here- so i think we should try to come up with something that will make the us government aware of what is going on in accra. If we don't we are just sitting back like everyone else. I am not afraid of harming my case. Its more- how can i complain if i dont have my interview date yet- my petition was approved within the time period so as of now I technically don't have anything to complain about.

So is it a letter to our congressmen? or is there someone higher that we should all send a letter to? because i feel if we send to one person then we might hear something out of it- because we are from all over does sending a letter to each of our congressmen work- because they will just have one letter at that point. Ideas?

Timeline

Well from what I am seeing we have a pretty strong group here- so i think we should try to come up with something that will make the us government aware of what is going on in accra. If we don't we are just sitting back like everyone else. I am not afraid of harming my case. Its more- how can i complain if i dont have my interview date yet- my petition was approved within the time period so as of now I technically don't have anything to complain about.

So is it a letter to our congressmen? or is there someone higher that we should all send a letter to? because i feel if we send to one person then we might hear something out of it- because we are from all over does sending a letter to each of our congressmen work- because they will just have one letter at that point. Ideas?

I have been thinking a lot about this issue. I actually went through the K1 process and had some very awful experiences with the embassy in Ghana. I have stayed in contact with several others who had bad experiences in Ghana. We concluded that the embassy in Ghana is dealing with a lot of scam situations that probably has resulted in there over evaluation of cases. However, some of things that happened just seemed mean spirited at times. The issue with having limited interview dates is just mind boggling. I recently sent an email to the embassy asking if they expected an increase in the available days for CR1 interviews since the k3 visa has ended. So far, I just received an automated response. Bottom line is that I am willing to do my part to raise the awareness of this issue to the right parties. Maybe the result would be an increase in staff at the embassy in Ghana - this I would think should be viewed as a positive move for them. I am just not sure where to begin. As you already stated, we are all from different locations so sending a single letter to a Senator or Congressman will have a small impact. The other challenge is how to reach the larger number of filers in Ghana - they certainly are not on this website. Numbers is what is needed to raise awareness. Then the facts need to be accurate. All we have access to is the information on vj which again only represents a small number of filers. I am not trying to create barriers, I am just at a loss for where and how to begin. If there is a wiser person than me on this site who can come up with a reasonable plan, please keep me in mind.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Timeline

I would agree- we are only a small percentage of the Ghana group.... If one of the more experienced VJ members could point us to the person or place that we can send a group of letters. I agree just an increase of workers would be a way to imporve th process in accra.

I know there have been many bad experiences in ghana and its mind boggling- if we can show a bonafide relationship there is no reason that visas are not being issued. I don't know what the cases were like that were denied but they just seem to think everyone is in this as marriage fraud. Its very frustrating, but what else can we do but to go thru this process to be with the one that we want to be with for the rest of our lives.

Help from some more experienced would be helpful...

Timeline

I would agree- we are only a small percentage of the Ghana group.... If one of the more experienced VJ members could point us to the person or place that we can send a group of letters. I agree just an increase of workers would be a way to imporve th process in accra.

I know there have been many bad experiences in ghana and its mind boggling- if we can show a bonafide relationship there is no reason that visas are not being issued. I don't know what the cases were like that were denied but they just seem to think everyone is in this as marriage fraud. Its very frustrating, but what else can we do but to go thru this process to be with the one that we want to be with for the rest of our lives.

Help from some more experienced would be helpful...

I was going to contact my senator about this but many people have gone this route,so i was thinking wat if we all write the depaartment of state of course we need to figure out who to direct the mail to.what made me think this way is if u want to work for an embassy or be a consolute u need to apply on the travel.state website so we should think about this idea

ALL IDEAS WELCOMED

Timeline

GREAT IDEA...I dont believe that we all need to be outside of our date...but we need to draw notice to these "delays". Since the embassy has final say so there needs to be some commonality between all of them...a SOP (especially in dealing with telling families of the delay). I agree that we need to bring this to the attention of the right person(s). I know that some of us are already far into the process but there are some who are just getting started. In the length of time it takes to reach the interview stage, spouses/fiances in Ghana will have to pay for certain items all over again. For example, with my husband this will be his third police report right before his interview. In Ghana these documents can be costly...so there are alot of challenges a long the way. I will do some searching also to find out who will at least look into this (someone with true authority and an attentive ear)...even in the business world when production is behind we hire temporary persons, open up other work days, extend hours...just something to help get the flow going...for me this bothers me the most...to know they are behind and yet it appears that nothing is getting done.

~Matana74

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us...

CR-1

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate Ghana

Marriage: 2008-10-25

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-02

I-130 NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F Sent: 2009-05-02

I-129F NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F NOA2: 2009-08-14

I-130 Approval: 2009-08-14

File rec'd @ NVC: 2009-08-26

Called NVC to get case #: 2009-08-28

1st email frm NVC: 2009-08-31

Rec'd & Paid AOS fees: 2009-08-31

AOS fees show PAID: 2009-09-02

DS-3020 sent: 2009-09-02

AOS Pack Sent: 2009-09-08

IV Bill Rec'd & Paid: 2009-09-15

IV fees show PAID: 2009-09-16

DS-230 cover page generated: 2009-09-15

DS-230 pack sent: 2009-09-18

Case complete: 2009-10-20

File 4warded 2 Embassy: 2010-04-16

Interview date: OCTOBER 19TH, 2010

Visa pick up date:

Leaving Ghana:

Pick up from airport:

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok, now all this talking about delays at the Ghana embassy is really confusing. so can i ask a question. does anyone know if IR2 visa's are also being delayed( for child of a u.s citizen). i hope not, cuz i need to be with my son for this Christmas. ughhh!!!

Timeline

I am not saying from fact- but it seems like everything at the embassy has slowed down and not just visas but anything from them, notifications, pickups or emails.... The embassy went from a 2-3 month wait on K-1 to a 6 month in just 2 months. My fiance said there is also talk (at the university) about student and visitor visa appointments being more limited then before right now. Who knows what the heck is going on in Ghana.

I do not know if IR-2s are in the mix officially- so maybe you will have good luck and get something soon, if not hold on. It will happen one day.

Does anyone know if a USC can go to the embassy and make inquaries? I will be there in July and feel like I want to go.... does anyone know if you can go to the Accra embassy if you are just inquaring about statuses of cases?

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am not saying from fact- but it seems like everything at the embassy has slowed down and not just visas but anything from them, notifications, pickups or emails.... The embassy went from a 2-3 month wait on K-1 to a 6 month in just 2 months. My fiance said there is also talk (at the university) about student and visitor visa appointments being more limited then before right now. Who knows what the heck is going on in Ghana.

I do not know if IR-2s are in the mix officially- so maybe you will have good luck and get something soon, if not hold on. It will happen one day.

Does anyone know if a USC can go to the embassy and make inquaries? I will be there in July and feel like I want to go.... does anyone know if you can go to the Accra embassy if you are just inquaring about statuses of cases?

thank you for your information. but on your question, yes, you can as long as you are a u.s citizen and have a case pending there (this is what my lawyer told me). That's what i also plan to do in august, when i go visit my son then.

Timeline

Thanks! i will try to go in and see what i can do- if anything. I will let you know if its true when i try to go in July

When was your case complete at NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.