lori7734

im calling out anyone who got a interview for the summers months

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks. I guess im lucky either one of us in my case have previous marriage or children. Not that its a bad thing- but to the Ghana embassy its seems like its murder! My only thing is I am still a student and need a co-sponser and hopefully they wont tear us apart for that...... We just have to be strong and keep going. And join the fight that we are trying to start!

WE GONNA FIGURE THIS OUT I THOUGHT U WERE GRADUATING THIS YR ....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks. I guess im lucky either one of us in my case have previous marriage or children. Not that its a bad thing- but to the Ghana embassy its seems like its murder! My only thing is I am still a student and need a co-sponser and hopefully they wont tear us apart for that...... We just have to be strong and keep going. And join the fight that we are trying to start!

My suggestion for u,is to look for a co sponser asap...Becos if you need one and you know need one they will turn your case down...Your bestfriend or someone close to you that has a good size income can help you...You can go to uscis website and check out the income chart..Please don't wait for them to tell you what you need before you do it....It will only take you a longer time whn you could have avoided it... We went online to read alot about te K-1. so we knew what we were up against. we were ready for everything. However we didn't know that they would request proof that me and my ex-husband lived together over ten years ago...but we have everything else, that they ask for in the package and more.So whn you av time check it out..

Edited by ghana1821

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You can definatly go to the embassy, I was thrown out twice, the second time the second in charge head cunslur threw me us after my husbands denial back in December 29 th. I was crying so hard though and he was being a jerk saying well how do you know someone three months and marry them. They will tell you they are back logged most likely!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am graduating with my undergrad degrees this year along with israel- but I start graduate school June 1st, not taking a break- I don't think i will want to go back if I take the break, so I will be fulltime until August 2011! And I wouldnt have even a year let alone 3 to show a good income. My father has already agreed and filled out the co-sponsor stuff along with (me) copying w-2s, getting tax transcripts, 1099s, he is in the clear incomewise. We will also be living in the "in-law" (aka basement) apartment at my parent house for a bit until we can get on our feet. My parents are very supportive which is wonderful because it would be years before i could apply indepently.

I have a ton of proof. I also hope the fact that we meet while in school in ghana and were together for 4 solid months will help, multiple visits to his family while i was there, then waited 8 months to apply, second visit to ghana with my parents to meet him and his family (this summer), all of the communication (skype, facebook, text message summary, snail mail) will be okay. But you just never know! To the point i still use my parents name on my cell phone so i had my mom write a letter saying that yes that is my phone number and that i use her account! You just never know!

Do you think i should get letters from the other exchange students (USCs) who spent days with us, in class, going to church, dinners, playing futball? or letters from other University of Ghana students?

Thanks guys!

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am graduating with my undergrad degrees this year along with israel- but I start graduate school June 1st, not taking a break- I don't think i will want to go back if I take the break, so I will be fulltime until August 2011! And I wouldnt have even a year let alone 3 to show a good income. My father has already agreed and filled out the co-sponsor stuff along with (me) copying w-2s, getting tax transcripts, 1099s, he is in the clear incomewise. We will also be living in the "in-law" (aka basement) apartment at my parent house for a bit until we can get on our feet. My parents are very supportive which is wonderful because it would be years before i could apply indepently.

I have a ton of proof. I also hope the fact that we meet while in school in ghana and were together for 4 solid months will help, multiple visits to his family while i was there, then waited 8 months to apply, second visit to ghana with my parents to meet him and his family (this summer), all of the communication (skype, facebook, text message summary, snail mail) will be okay. But you just never know! To the point i still use my parents name on my cell phone so i had my mom write a letter saying that yes that is my phone number and that i use her account! You just never know!

Do you think i should get letters from the other exchange students (USCs) who spent days with us, in class, going to church, dinners, playing futball? or letters from other University of Ghana students?

Thanks guys!

gettin letters from ur friends n anyone else dat knew of da relationship will help u out alot. B sure u ask them 2 sign their name with a notary near, b4 givin u da letter. INS luks 4 simple things like dat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.