Chuckles

Purchasing plane ticket

25 posts in this topic

I finally ordered the tickets from Expedia, one way from Moscow. POE is Cincinnati. For a fee, I had Expedia mail the tickets to her in Russia. I bought the tickets last Thursday afternoon. She received them this Tuesday, yesterday. They wen USPS Express. I can hardly believe it, but they got there in record time. She will leave on September 12.

Thanks for your help. Have a great evening.

John

I am curious about this, did you call them or use the website? How did you get them to send it directly to your fiance?

Chuckles,

When you fill out all the information online at Expedia, there is a place to put in your fiance's name and address for mailing the tickets directly from Expedia to her. Only $36.00. :angry: I ordered the tickets online a week ago Thursday and she go them last Tuesday. I did call them to verify how they would send the tickets and to be sure they had a place for the information when you were filling in all the information. No problem. There have really been good to me in the past and this is the first time I called them. I also wanted to be sure there wasn't the surprise that by using my credit card, I had to be one of the passengers. I had run across that with cheaper tickets elsewhere. Expedia was the best price I could find. I know others find cheaper tickets and say that a outstrip can be cheaper than a one way, but I have not found that to be the case. I also found by checking cheap prices on a number of sites, then calling the airline, they will not sell at that price. It is two or three times the fare. They sell blocks to brokers and that is where the cheaper prices are found. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Have a great week.

John

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You all are trying to hard.

Travelocity .com, tickets on Delta from Moscow $800 -1000 depending on where you are going. Atlanta is non-stop. 12 hour flight.

She just takes her passport to the delta counter at the airport and checks in, even brought her cat over last trip, no problems.

Have a fun life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I actually went to pick my wife up from Ukriane. We had e-tickets and no problem. I just ordered them online. We flew British Airways from Kiev to London. Then London to Chicago. Unless she is used to flying the airport transfer is going to be the roughest on her.

Joel

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You all are trying to hard. Travelocity .com, tickets on Delta from Moscow $800 -1000 depending on where you are going. Atlanta is non-stop. 12 hour flight. She just takes her passport to the delta counter at the airport and checks in, even brought her cat over last trip, no problems. Have a fun life.
If you can show me a Delta flight from Moscow to Anchorage for $1000, i'll buy you dinner.

I could flight flights from Moscow to places like ATL, JFK, LAX, MIA, but nowhere better.

Aeroflot used to go direct from Moscow to Seattle, which was nice. I used that one a couple of times, but they stopped it a year or so ago.

Cheers!

-AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

You all are trying to hard. Travelocity .com, tickets on Delta from Moscow $800 -1000 depending on where you are going. Atlanta is non-stop. 12 hour flight. She just takes her passport to the delta counter at the airport and checks in, even brought her cat over last trip, no problems. Have a fun life.

If you can show me a Delta flight from Moscow to Anchorage for $1000, i'll buy you dinner.

I could flight flights from Moscow to places like ATL, JFK, LAX, MIA, but nowhere better.

Aeroflot used to go direct from Moscow to Seattle, which was nice. I used that one a couple of times, but they stopped it a year or so ago.

Cheers!

-AKDiver

Wow! Alaska. I brought my wife out to live in Phoenix. Talk about climate shock! Shouldn't be much of an issue for you. :lol:

I found a ticket for $1,370.73 from Moscow to Anchorage. www.opodo.com

Joel

Edited by Joel Halfwassen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow! Alaska. I brought my wife out to live in Phoenix. Talk about climate shock! Shouldn't be much of an issue for you.
I can't imagine any circumstances that would convince me to move to Phoenix. Say what you want about Alaska - but you know, if it is cold, you can always put more clothes on. But when it's hot, you can only take off so much before people call the police on you. (:
I found a ticket for $1,370.73 from Moscow to Anchorage. www.opodo.com
Thanks, but that's no bargain. I just got two tickets from Moscow to Anchorage and back for $1050 each. (:

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Joel,

I admit the climate shock is the part that worries me most about bringing Olga to Arizona! Though down here in Tucson, we tend to be a few degrees cooler then you folks up in Phoenix!

Marc

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

i bought my wife and kids tickets through gotorussia travel agency...they have an office in Moscow, so my wife simply picked up her tickets there. it worked like clockwork...no glitches...........i sent the check for the tickets to gotorussia agency in Atlanta...they handled everything after that point, and coordinated all in Moscow

Timeline
Joel,

I admit the climate shock is the part that worries me most about bringing Olga to Arizona! Though down here in Tucson, we tend to be a few degrees cooler then you folks up in Phoenix!

Marc

Well...just like EVERYONE else who came to Arizona from "back East" it is that first summer that sucks. Katya got here on Aug 2 of this year so got about 4 weeks of crappy weather before the monsoons hit. She is loving the rainy season so far though.

Joel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I can't imagine any circumstances that would convince me to move to Phoenix. Say what you want about Alaska - but you know, if it is cold, you can always put more clothes on. But when it's hot, you can only take off so much before people call the police on you. (:
:lol::lol::lol:

Living in Central Texas, I know exactly what you mean! I went to see my wife in Volgograd, in February, and LOVED it. -25 Celsius and I LOVED it! :dance: It was a bit of a shock for me, but it was still wonderfully different from the 100+F temperatures that I'm used to in the summer. We're *lucky* if we get freezing temperatures in the coldest part of winter! :crying:

My wife claims that she loves hot weather. I don't believe her 100%, :no: but we'll see...

Edited by Austin_Volgograd

2005-08-10: Met Natalia and fell in love. Too bad she didn't.

2006-01-13: Married. Biggest mistake of my life.

2006-03-07: Began the I-130/I-129F process.

2006-11-01: POE - JFK / Home in Austin!

2006-11-15: She hits me and continues pattern of abuse.

2006-11-16: I filed for divorce.

2006-11-17: Wife is served divorce papers; she and daughter return to Russia.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

[many more ups and downs during this time period - mostly downs]

2008-03-26: File for bankruptcy.

2008-07-30: Bankruptcy finalized.

2008-08-27: Divorce final. Started piecing my life back together.

(See my timeline for details.)

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.