Jadenjewel

Domestic abuse

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Living in Canada (till my visa comes through ) and having GUN CONTROL LAWS makes it a bit easier to do something.

Think so?

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes I would stop and do something, male or female, homeless person or not, animal too. Abuse is abuse!

So if you saw a male wolverine abusing another wolverine in the forrest, you would stop it? You are really brave, I'd let that one go.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Common sense has to take place, sure one would like to step in, but one has to assess the situation, no use both of you getting harmed! 911 is prob the best thing one can do

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

So if you saw a male wolverine abusing another wolverine in the forrest, you would stop it? You are really brave, I'd let that one go.

No but it might make a good youtube video...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Think so?

would depend on where you lived....you couldn;t pay me to get out of my car no matter what is happening in some areas of DC...911 would be safest...honestly you wouldn't know if it was someone up to something just to get you out of your car...sad, but true

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Exactly. If I were in Philly and something were happening... I wouldn't get out of my car for the life of me. Some parts of Jersey too.

I also teach my son to walk away from things like this, to go FIND help if something happens to someone, to NOT get involved. Too many innocent people trying to help are getting caught up and getting killed or hurt these days.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a friend who was on a first date. They were exiting a club around 1 a.m. and walking to my friends car when they noticed a couple in a heated argument. All of a sudden, the woman smacked the man, so my friend and his date go over to try to difuse the situation. About half way there, the guy notices that his nose is bleeding and it got all over his coat, he then proceeds to punch the girl, knocking her down. My friend tells his date to call 911 while he goes over and separates the man and makes sure the woman is ok. My friend is quite a bit bigger than the guy, so he doesn't try to start a fight. My friend then reaches down and grabs the womans hand to help her up and asks if she's ok. The woman says "yeah, until you fvcking showed up as$hole" and kicks my friend as hard as she can in the nuts. The guy then punches my friend. My friend won't hit a girl so, he's standing there hunched over, taking it. His date pulls the girl off, and just as the cops arrive, she puches the girl and grabs her hair to drag her off of my friend. Of course, thats all that the police see and take them all to jail.

Timeline

Yes I would stop and do something, male or female, homeless person or not, animal too. Abuse is abuse!

You say that "Living in Canada (till my visa comes through ) and having GUN CONTROL LAWS makes it a bit easier to do something".

Sure, Canada doesn't have conceal carry laws, but I don't think confronting someone in Canada makes it that less dangerous....especially for a female.

For me, it doesn't matter which country I'm in, I still wouldn't confront something like that. The gun issue has nothing to do with it for me.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

You say that "Living in Canada (till my visa comes through ) and having GUN CONTROL LAWS makes it a bit easier to do something".

Sure, Canada doesn't have conceal carry laws, but I don't think confronting someone in Canada makes it that less dangerous....especially for a female.

For me, it doesn't matter which country I'm in, I still wouldn't confront something like that. The gun issue has nothing to do with it for me.

I agree. There's insane people in both countries.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.