8 posts in this topic

What visa?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I just got married. We live in South Carolina and I dont know what to do next? Do we apply for social security number first? Can someone please help me whith this? Thanks!

David

You can start working on your AOS because this would take a while.

r3n56jv.png

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

You should start by reading here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

The guides here are very helpful and can pretty much tell you all you need to know.

24q38dy.jpg

What is an AOS? Can you tell me where to start? Thanks

Hi, AOS is the short of Adjustment Of Status (Form I-485), means your fiancee (then) now wife (CONGRATULATION!) smile.gif , needs to adjust her status from a K-1 visa holder (Fiancee) to a Permanent Resident, the link Trillium13 gave you should guide you from the very beginning, its really really helpful. And im sure there will be more questions you will need to ask so just shoot em here, and you can be sure you'll get help in no time, Visa Journey rocks! yes.gif

Edited by summersurf

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: Timeline

Hi, AOS is the short of Adjustment Of Status (Form I-485), means your fiancee (then) now wife (CONGRATULATION!) smile.gif , needs to adjust her status from a K-1 visa holder (Fiancee) to a Permanent Resident, the link Trillium13 gave you should guide you from the very beginning, its really really helpful. And im sure there will be more questions you will need to ask so just shoot em here, and you can be sure you'll get help in no time, Visa Journey rocks! yes.gif

Do I do the AOS first or do we need to apply for a social security number? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

You can start working on your AOS because this would take a while.

r3n56jv.png

Thanks for the info, I see you have just filed for your AOS and I have a couple of questions. On the I765, question 16 I dont understand. It says to go to part 2 for instructions but I dont see a part 2. Second question is on the I131 it ask about travel plans etc., should I just ignore this form if my fiancee dosent plan on traveling outside the USA? 3rd question is do I send exactly $1010 for with my I485 submission? The last question is I saw where it says to send a certified copy of your marriage certificate, can I just copy the original or what kind of certification does it need. I certainly appreciate all your help. Thanks!

David

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.