w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Arizona law: My NJ license WILL suffice as evidence of status... and they can't use race at all. Not just "not solely", but not at all.

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
This section used to say "may not solely consider race, color or national origin".

But now the word 'solely' has been stricken, this is how it reads now.

For any lawful stop, detention or arrest made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state in the enforcement of any other law or ordinance of a county, city or town or this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien and is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person, except if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation. Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373©. A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution.

Also, if you look at point #4, my NJ license now means I am "presumed not to be an alien".

A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement officer or agency any of the following:

1. A valid Arizona driver license.

2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.

3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.

4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or local government issued identification.

Sounds good to me.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2162c.htm

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so, it's officially a mountain out of a molehill now?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

so, it's officially a mountain out of a molehill now?

now that they've removed 'solely' and now that they will allow out of state licenses issues by states that check status... yes.

but it was a mountain in the beginning. the left screamed, and they buckled.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

it was never a mountain.... people just don't know how to read and interpret things....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

with the word 'solely' in there and without the ability to use out of state DLs, it was a mountain.

So we are to presume that Johnny Flatfoot is going to be aware of which states check legal presence and which do not?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

with the word 'solely' in there and without the ability to use out of state DLs, it was a mountain.

please. Solely was a safety net to make sure that wasn't the only consideration that could be used. Hell, race SHOULD be used in consideration when there's no documentation being used to say who they are, and despite the wording and being in the south, you know it will be.

Also, out of state DL's could be used just fine. All databases across the nation are connected now. On top of that, actually irregardless, an LPR still has to carry and provide their immigration papers on demand as that is a matter of Federal Law.

A DL really proves ###### anyway and when they look it up in the DB and ###### doesn't matter for who that person is, there will be other documentation required or they will be arrested.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

That will have to be part of their training. If they slip up, lawsuit.

Hehe.

Road trip to Arizona? :lol:

... race SHOULD be used in consideration ...

Unlike you, I am not one of this countrys chosen people (that is, i'm not caucasian) so obviously I disagree :)

...despite the wording and being in the south, you know it will be.

I hope they have healthy legal budgets.

Also, out of state DL's could be used just fine. All databases across the nation are connected now. On top of that, actually irregardless, an LPR still has to carry and provide their immigration papers on demand as that is a matter of Federal Law.

My concern has always been with respect to USC's who are of the wrong pigmentation. LPR's have to have ID, they were never a factor.

And now, the law will accept my DL. Before, it didn't. That changes a lot.

A DL really proves ###### anyway and when they look it up in the DB and ###### doesn't matter for who that person is, there will be other documentation required or they will be arrested.

Incorrect. My NJ DL will, by the changes in the law, mean I can not be suspected of being illegal.

please. Solely was a safety net to make sure that wasn't the only consideration that could be used. Hell, race SHOULD be used in consideration when there's no documentation being used to say who they are, and despite the wording and being in the south, you know it will be.

My God, you are an insufferable ####.

I already have one planned, but it was set up well before this ####### hit the news.

Could be an interesting social experiment.

Timeline

Unlike you, I am not one of this countrys chosen people (that is, i'm not caucasian) so obviously I disagree :)

I hope they have healthy legal budgets.

My concern has always been with respect to USC's who are of the wrong pigmentation. LPR's have to have ID, they were never a factor.

And now, the law will accept my DL. Before, it didn't. That changes a lot.

Incorrect. My NJ DL will, by the changes in the law, mean I can not be suspected of being illegal.

Not if your info is different in the DB than what is on your DL. - If the info checks out, yeah you're fine, but since all states share the same DB now, it's easy to find fraudulent licenses from other states.

My God, you are an insufferable ####.

Hey - if a person has no proper ID, can't prove who they are right there and is of brown skin.....

If it walks like a duck

if it talks like a duck

etc.....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Hey - if a person has no proper ID, can't prove who they are right there and is of brown skin.....

If it walks like a duck

if it talks like a duck

etc.....

By your example, if we are going to assume someone of brown skin is illegal, may we also assume someone of white skin is dumber than a box of rocks?