nathanp

going to the philippines.a few questions

91 posts in this topic

to start out i know this is for the spousal visa and im sure some of the questions that i ask have already been asked before,but for my sake and to get some new info and everything.i would like to ask these questions anyways...

1 question i have is that i plan on going to the phils around september of 2010....my gf and i have been dating for over 3 years.....i want to know around the minimum and average every1 thinks i should bring to the phils with me.amount of money....when i go there.ill stay with her and her sister at an apartment that her and her sister rent out.my gf just graduated from college march 30 and is now looking for work.im not going there to spend a lot of money on anything special.im going there to just spend time with her.maybe take her out on a date or 2 but thats about it.i dont wanna bring anything back with me(well except her but need to get married first.which is another question ill ask).

so just staying with her and her sister for 3 weeks.how much money do i need for food,water,and simple things like that?and maybe a few dollars to take her on some dates like a movie.but basically just staying at her apartment bcuz thats all we really wanna do to spend the most time together and not be bothered by anything or any1..

another question is....how much does it cost to get married thru like a judge or justice of the peace or equivalent there?maybe having her sister and possibly her parents there(her parents r against us and she moved out of her parents home bcuz she got tired of them treating her so badly.so now she doesnt talk to them much)..

my plan was to save 1000 US dollars as i have read that should be enough for what i want on other sites.but rather hear from people on here about it as well.again i dont plan on buying anything or bringing anything back.just wanna spend time with her alone with the exception of her sister.and i already have a plane ticket ready for me.all i need is the money for there and to get out of the manila airport.i dont like spending a lot of money and my gf doesnt either.she isnt a big spender even if i send her a lot of money in terms of the philippines.she will make 100 dollars last over a month after paying her tuition fee and buying feminine products.

if i remember anything else ill post.a little more.sorry for it being so long and everything.just excited and now tired,have work early in the morn.

If you are staying in manila or cebu, things will be more expensive. If you are in a small province, then everything is cheaper. A little more info can help us give you more answers.

Be careful in trying to plan a trip across the globe down to the last dollar. If ya don't have much wiggle room and funds for unexpected expenses, then you could find yourself in a bind.

Think about bringing her a laptop if she does not have one. And usually, the man buys her a new cell phone cuz the one she has is nearly worn out from all the texts she sends, hehe.

Good luck, and most of all, have fun!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

oh yes sorry.she is in butuan city.in mindanao.also ill be giving her my laptop and she has a cell phone i baught her a while back.well i sent money for.also an ipod,etc.but not a laptop and her sister has 1.but again i plan on leaving her mine when i go there.and i understand what ur saying about bringing a little extra.what im asking above is for that so peole dont go over board with the amounts.and then ill tack on a little more later on.but its just to give me an idea on how much i need to ring for the above mentioned hehe.and thank you for replying

uhmm one $1k is really enough if u will just stay with her in 3wks., not to buy expensive things or will not rent a hotel, just stay to her home..... uhmm yes i think it will do the foods and etc. well all everyday needs... u can bring her to mall too.. buy her especial things but not too expensive... but if u will get married don't invite her whole family, oh gosh u giving me a problem how to budget ur money hahahaha... to make it short.. ur money, $1k is really for u and ur fiancee only.... :P :P :P

well good luck to u and ur gf.. have a nice stay here in Phil. when u come here...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

uhmm one $1k is really enough if u will just stay with her in 3wks., not to buy expensive things or will not rent a hotel, just stay to her home..... uhmm yes i think it will do the foods and etc. well all everyday needs... u can bring her to mall too.. buy her especial things but not too expensive... but if u will get married don't invite her whole family, oh gosh u giving me a problem how to budget ur money hahahaha... to make it short.. ur money, $1k is really for u and ur fiancee only.... :P :P :P

well good luck to u and ur gf.. have a nice stay here in Phil. when u come here...

This is a magic trick that is hard to perform. :unsure:

hehe thank you.i thought it would be enough for something like that....do u know how much it cost for a wedding well not so much a wedding but to get married thru justice of the peace or a jodge or something like that?or maybe a small church?just the 3 of us,her sister,jenes and i?

oh yes sorry.she is in butuan city.in mindanao.also ill be giving her my laptop and she has a cell phone i baught her a while back.well i sent money for.also an ipod,etc.but not a laptop and her sister has 1.but again i plan on leaving her mine when i go there.and i understand what ur saying about bringing a little extra.what im asking above is for that so peole dont go over board with the amounts.and then ill tack on a little more later on.but its just to give me an idea on how much i need to ring for the above mentioned hehe.and thank you for replying

Best to take a few crisp "benjies" and use credit cards for the rest.

NOT good if her mom and dad are against the relationship. Especially in the Butuan area. Lots of sharp bolos there :blush:

Consider a K1 instead of marriage.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

haha yeah.we dont plan to tell every1 until after we r married.her sister even agrees to it thats its best that just her jenes and i know(jenes is my gf)and then after we get married will will tell every1.most r atleast 2 hours away and really have no way of contacting them unless they go there.and i know they wont as they told me and they avoid their family.too many family problems nd rumors going around.so they moved away and wont tell any1 but me and her sister husband where they r at.

to start out i know this is for the spousal visa and im sure some of the questions that i ask have already been asked before,but for my sake and to get some new info and everything.i would like to ask these questions anyways...

1 question i have is that i plan on going to the phils around september of 2010....my gf and i have been dating for over 3 years.....i want to know around the minimum and average every1 thinks i should bring to the phils with me.amount of money....when i go there.ill stay with her and her sister at an apartment that her and her sister rent out.my gf just graduated from college march 30 and is now looking for work.im not going there to spend a lot of money on anything special.im going there to just spend time with her.maybe take her out on a date or 2 but thats about it.i dont wanna bring anything back with me(well except her but need to get married first.which is another question ill ask).

so just staying with her and her sister for 3 weeks.how much money do i need for food,water,and simple things like that?and maybe a few dollars to take her on some dates like a movie.but basically just staying at her apartment bcuz thats all we really wanna do to spend the most time together and not be bothered by anything or any1..

another question is....how much does it cost to get married thru like a judge or justice of the peace or equivalent there?maybe having her sister and possibly her parents there(her parents r against us and she moved out of her parents home bcuz she got tired of them treating her so badly.so now she doesnt talk to them much)..

my plan was to save 1000 US dollars as i have read that should be enough for what i want on other sites.but rather hear from people on here about it as well.again i dont plan on buying anything or bringing anything back.just wanna spend time with her alone with the exception of her sister.and i already have a plane ticket ready for me.all i need is the money for there and to get out of the manila airport.i dont like spending a lot of money and my gf doesnt either.she isnt a big spender even if i send her a lot of money in terms of the philippines.she will make 100 dollars last over a month after paying her tuition fee and buying feminine products.

if i remember anything else ill post.a little more.sorry for it being so long and everything.just excited and now tired,have work early in the morn.

If you plan on getting married in the philippines please click on the follwing link.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Spending money in the Philippines.

Man visiting the Philippines and living on 47 dollars a day is gonna be tough. 1,000 dollars for 21 days = 47 dollars a day.

Wow you will be living on a tight budget. Don't forget when you leave the the Philippines you have to pay 500 peso for a exit fee.

So make sure you have a little cash on you when you leave. Do you have a debit card or anything you can have for emergencies?

Visa check cards and ATM cards do work in the Philippines. With only a thousand make sure nothing happes to you. Take along medicines from here just in case you get sick.

Best to take a few crisp "benjies" and use credit cards for the rest.

NOT good if her mom and dad are against the relationship. Especially in the Butuan area. Lots of sharp bolos there :blush:

the reason her parents r against it is bcuz im not rish.they dont want to have to work and rely on their daughters to make the money.and also its taking me so long to visit her.but not that she has finished college and moved she will start working.and unfortubately i dont have any credit cards or even a bank account.my credit is shot and i cant open another account.long story...

If you plan on getting married in the philippines please click on the follwing link.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Spending money in the Philippines.

Man visiting the Philippines and living on 47 dollars a day is gonna be tough. 1,000 dollars for 21 days = 47 dollars a day.

Wow you will be living on a tight budget. Don't forget when you leave the the Philippines you have to pay 500 peso for a exit fee.

So make sure you have a little cash on you when you leave. Do you have a debit card or anything you can have for emergencies?

Visa check cards and ATM cards do work in the Philippines. With only a thousand make sure nothing happes to you. Take along medicines from here just in case you get sick.

all i have is a greendot money card.its a visa....works pretty much the same.but i wont be living on it.im a very small guy and use to eating 1 or 2 small meals a day.and i dont drink a lot.i live in arizona and from lousiana so hot and humid weather im use too.ive been homeless as well for a long time so money is not a big issue when it comes to saving and not spending on a lot of things.and as for the wedding.just a small simple wedding.my dad had his here in the states for 100 dollars but i figured its cheaper there in the phils

im also told that she doesnt need parental consent or anything to get married although the us embassy websites say that.....she is 20,21 in september.and my father and a friend plan on going to the phils at the sametime as i unless i get the money to go sooner.....but from filipinos im best friends with here in the states and other people i know told me she doesnt not even need to let her parents know that she is getting married let alone getting consent.also how much is a cheap church wedding?i know that sounds bad.but we wont have many people there and she isnt worried now about what is all at the wedding but the fact we will get married.

:lol::P i think sooo too hopp... u know what in the barrio even u dont invite them they will still come, especially if its ur gf's extended family... :D

but i suggest u can marry her by civil.. yes u can have only her sister her parents, u and ur gf... that will be more practical and less expense... how much?.. i dont know... maybe some can give u idea how much is a civil wedding cost...

what i know is about church wedding... :secret:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

:lol::P i think sooo too hopp... u know what in the barrio even u dont invite them they will still come, especially if its ur gf's extended family... :D

but i suggest u can marry her by civil.. yes u can have only her sister her parents, u and ur gf... that will be more practical and less expense... how much?.. i dont know... maybe some can give u idea how much is a civil wedding cost...

Even for a civil wedding, ya gotta have money to pay the Fixxors...

they wont know about the wedding.i wont even tell them about it until the last second that i have the money for it.they just think im just visiting for now.and if her family wants to come.they have to get the money.and i know they cant and jenes wont give it to them.and now a lot of her family has moved away to like cebu and manila or here to the states....how much is a small church wedding then just having like me,her her sister and her parents?no special decorations or anything like that.her sister has her wedding dress jenes can wear.and we dont plan on getting matching dresses and everything.just descent clothes that they can all wear.i only been to 1 wedding in my life and it was my dads and i just worse simple clothes as well as my sister and her friends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.