4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have been reading loads of post on this website and need a start answer. I got married within the 90 day window of the K-1. We have not filed the Adjustment of Status yet due to fiancal reasons. Will she be deported???

HELP!!!

Normally, an alien must have maintained their legal non-immigrant status in order to be eligible for apply for adjustment of status. However, there is a specific exception for a K1 who married within the required 90 days. She is still eligible to adjust status, but she is accruing overstay time for every day after her I-94 expired.

Will she be deported? Probably not. It's unlikely ICE is going to be showing up at your door to ask about her, but stranger things have happened. Get the documents submitted as soon as you can. If it looks like it will be several more months, then look into borrowing the money from somebody.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed AOS after 4months, and it works just perfect... nothing to worry I guess :yes:

You're Gods' wonderful blessing... I'm so happy to be with my baby, dog eddie, mom and dog molly...

Extremely happy with my married life, but we're praying for a baby this 2010, so help us GOD....

4ovs9meo4h.png

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242397349429.gif

14929003_bodyshot_300x400_1242400100185.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.