Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Canada - Name change in passport?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I've sent all my documents with id and photocopies with my Mom so she can mail my new passport through Canada.

The lady at the post office said that it will not be accepted because of my id. Here is what I sent:

-original birth certificate

-original passport (maiden name)

-copy drivers license (maiden name)

-copy of green card/PR card (married new name)

-copy of marriage license (from Canada)

-two pictures, signed by my mom - guarantor

Is there not enough in my new name? If you have changed your name in your passport (going from US to Canada) what documents did you submit?

Thanks everyone!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving to the Canada Regional Forum from Moving Here and your New Life in the US forum as OP is more likely to get the information she needs there

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The identification must be originals, not photocopies.

The marriage license might suffice - however you haven't sent 1 original that is in your married name.

You may submit original documents. They will be returned to you. If you are submitting photocopies (both sides), your guarantor must sign and date the photocopies to indicate the originals have been seen.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.