shescott

refusal at divorce paper of my fiance

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello friends... My interview is done yesterday,but after the interview the interviewer gave me a letter and it said that refusal worksheet.... The divorce paper of my fiance with me is not original,when the interview started she asked me where the original copy of divorce paper so I answer her only the certified true copy is with me so that copy is not acceptable. She want the original copy so the interview still continue,after somes questions she gave me a letter and said return at consulate office anytime and anyday when i have an original copy of divorce paper... Now i have worried if I am approve or deny... I need to think positive about this.. I'm waiting to the original copy my fiance already post it... We're still praying that everything will be ok.... thanks

hello friends... My interview is done yesterday,but after the interview the interviewer gave me a letter and it said that refusal worksheet.... The divorce paper of my fiance with me is not original,when the interview started she asked me where the original copy of divorce paper so I answer her only the certified true copy is with me so that copy is not acceptable. She want the original copy so the interview still continue,after somes questions she gave me a letter and said return at consulate office anytime and anyday when i have an original copy of divorce paper... Now i have worried if I am approve or deny... I need to think positive about this.. I'm waiting to the original copy my fiance already post it... We're still praying that everything will be ok.... thanks

did they return your passport? if not they were just need the original divorce paper of your fiance. submit the original as soon as you have it and you will be fine. just pray and you will have your visa soon..... good luck.

Met my husband 2007
Officially Girlfriend and Boyfriend March 2008
Engaged/Asked permission to my family June 2008
Marriage October 2009
File I130 November 2009
File I129F November 2009

December 15,2009 CFO ( Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

Feb. 6, 2010 change passport to married name
I129F Approved February 18, 2010
I130 Approved March 9, 2010
Medical March 30 & 31, 2010 passed
Choice of Agent April 1, 2010
Interview April 12, 2010 AP reason NBI
IV FEE April 19, 2010 $400
NBI Interview May 14, 2010 written explanation
June 15, 2010 DS-230, finger scanning and swearing-in for CR1
June 17, 2010 Petition upgrade from K3 to CR1 Approved Thank you Lord
June 19, 2010 13:54 Saturday Visa in hand
July 10, 2010 Port of Entry Detroit.
July 19, 2010 Letter from POE filled out for
September 14, 2010 1st Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 17, 2010 2nd Welcome Letter from USCIS
September 20, 2010 Green Card yeheyyyy
December 22, 2010 Social Security Card
March 3, 2011 State ID
April 30, 2012 File Removal of Condition
May 5, 2012 Received and encash check
May 7, 2012 NO1 and 1 year Ext. while waiting for the approval of 10 year GC
June 4, 2012 Biometric Appointment
Jan. 31, 2013 Received Notice of RFE
Feb. 7, 2013 Sent RFE
Feb. 13, 2013 Vermont Service Received RFE
Mar. 22, 2013 RFE approved ordered reproduction of New Card
Mar. 28, 2013 Received New Card

Aug. 8, 2015 File N-400

Sept. 9, 2015 Biometric Appointment

Feb. 1, 2016 Interview

Feb. 18, 2016 Oath taking ( American Citizen Done).

Timeline

yes,they returned my passport only she said go back anytime and anyday.... that's all then I said thank you....

I think you are not denied. You just need to submit the documents they requested and it'll be fine. Goodluck!

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You might of actually had what they wanted.

Here in the US the "Original" of a divorce decree/order is kept on file at the local court house.

When you go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court to get a copy of the document you have 2 options:

1) Plain photocopy

2) Certified Copy

The Certified Copy is what the US Embassy wants. If the document you hold has the Stamp of the Circuit Clerk's office on it then it is the document they were looking for.

This stamp varies from county to county. Sometimes it's embossed (indentations in the paper) and sometimes it's just a rubber stamp. Either way most often it will be signed by the Clerk who gives you the document.

Anyway, if you were denied outright then they wouldn't be asking for the document so just make sure to get the correct copy and provide it to them. If you're a Filipino in Singapore I can understand why they would want you to keep your passport (being in a foreign land) until they can actually approve you.

Timeline

You might of actually had what they wanted.

Here in the US the "Original" of a divorce decree/order is kept on file at the local court house.

When you go to the Clerk of the Circuit Court to get a copy of the document you have 2 options:

1) Plain photocopy

2) Certified Copy

The Certified Copy is what the US Embassy wants. If the document you hold has the Stamp of the Circuit Clerk's office on it then it is the document they were looking for.

This stamp varies from county to county. Sometimes it's embossed (indentations in the paper) and sometimes it's just a rubber stamp. Either way most often it will be signed by the Clerk who gives you the document.

Anyway, if you were denied outright then they wouldn't be asking for the document so just make sure to get the correct copy and provide it to them. If you're a Filipino in Singapore I can understand why they would want you to keep your passport (being in a foreign land) until they can actually approve you.

Timeline

Oh ok thanks,my fiance went at court where his divorce filed so he told me that he already got the original copy with stamp from court. I'm just waiting the paper so that i can bring it to consulate office... I am working here in singapore and I am filipino... Thanks for all of ur replies..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh ok thanks,my fiance went at court where his divorce filed so he told me that he already got the original copy with stamp from court. I'm just waiting the paper so that i can bring it to consulate office... I am working here in singapore and I am filipino... Thanks for all of ur replies..

I just want to clarify but is this at the Embassy in Singapore ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

USEM Singapore is MUCH EASIER to deal with. Thankfully !

Just wait on yer fiance's document to arrive, and drop it off with 'that form' you got on interview day - you should be OK ! Just some delay, but not something tragic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.