GG.Gutierrez

Phone Bills for K1 first package

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My fiance has been taking a look at his cell phone phone bills and we are getting ready to send all the information in. We were wondering if it is better to highlight all calls we have ever made to each other or to black out the ones that are not from us and leave the ones we want the same.

Thank you!!!!

if you can send me tips on what we should have, out of the regular info, that would be great!!! Thanks!!!!

K1 VISA

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent :05/27/10

I-129F NOA1 :06/03/10

I-129F NOA2 :06/28/10

NVC Received :07/02/10

Consulate Received :7/8/10

Packet 3 Received :7/17/10

Packet 3 Sent : 7/22/10

Interview Date : 9/3/10

Interview Result : APPROVED !!!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-09-11

US Entry : 2011-01-16

Marriage : 2011-02-25

Port of Entry : Miami

POE Date : 2011-01-16

AOS, EAD & AP

CIS Office : Miami FL

Date Filed : 2011-04-05

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA1 received: 2011-04-13

BIO Appointment date notification received: 2011-04-15

BIO Appointment date: 2011-04-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

The initial petiton (I-129F) does not require any sort of proof of an ongoing relationship -just proof that the two of you have met in person in the last two years - cell phone bills do not proove that you've met, only that you've spoken on the phone...

Best proof of having met in person is passport stamps, boarding pases from airline tickets, ATM receipts, hotel receipts and of course a few photos of the two of you together.

Phone records are a good tool for prooving the ongoing relationship, which is required at the interview stage when you will be filing for the k-1 visa. Other proofs of ongoig relationship are letters, emails, cat logs, boarding passes from flights of subsecquent trips your fiancee takes to come and see you as well as more photographs.

I recommedn that you and your fiancee read the k-01 guide. This will prove an excellent resource for the both of you and you can use it as a "checklist" to make sure your I-129F petition is complete- this will reduce your chances of receiving an RFE from USCIS.

Good luck,

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The initial petiton (I-129F) does not require any sort of proof of an ongoing relationship -just proof that the two of you have met in person in the last two years - cell phone bills do not proove that you've met, only that you've spoken on the phone...

Best proof of having met in person is passport stamps, boarding pases from airline tickets, ATM receipts, hotel receipts and of course a few photos of the two of you together.

Phone records are a good tool for prooving the ongoing relationship, which is required at the interview stage when you will be filing for the k-1 visa. Other proofs of ongoig relationship are letters, emails, cat logs, boarding passes from flights of subsecquent trips your fiancee takes to come and see you as well as more photographs.

I recommedn that you and your fiancee read the k-01 guide. This will prove an excellent resource for the both of you and you can use it as a "checklist" to make sure your I-129F petition is complete- this will reduce your chances of receiving an RFE from USCIS.

Good luck,

Alan

Yeah what he said... :thumbs: :thumbs:

~Johnny~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

NO -- in your instance, not what either of the previous posters has said. Bogota is not the worst of the Latin American consulates, but take no chances. Front-load your USCIS petition with ample "evidence of bona fide relationship" information -- such as your phone records, photographs, cards/letters, boarding passes/luggage receipts, & a selection of e-mails or chats, all covering each of your in-person visits and the duration of your relationship -- and send it in. USCIS will eventually send everything to the consulate. Because Bogota has received this evidence from USCIS, Bogota cannot then deny its existence, as could happen if you waited to bring such evidence to the interview. Bring additional evidence to your visa interview, months from now.

In answer to your question, you can either yellow-highlight the appropriate calls or black out the irrelevant ones. I'd do the latter, because highlighting requires color-copying, and because irrelevant phone calls are no one else's business.

To the previous two posters: The OP asked for advice on what to send "out of the regular info." Please read carefully before offering advice.

To anyone else who reads this thread: There is never any downside to front-loading your USCIS petition with evidence of bona fide relationship!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you all!! this has been a great help. The thing is that I've read all guides and even the embassy's page in bogota and it can be confusing. From personal experience here its better to cover our backs, unfortunately our political and social situation does not help for this kind of processes. We definitvely do not want to leave any kind of information behind but we do not want to send out more than necesary that it may look bad on us either.

I am also still not clear on the next step to follow. After he sends everything i know it will be send to Bogota and after that is when it gets confusing.

I read on the EMbassy's web page that they will send me a letter notifying on which form to send and with which papers then after that I send that in to Bogota they will send another letter (NOA) advising on the date for the physichal exam and the interview. Is that the way it goes or there is any additional information I need to send in??

Thanks! :)

K1 VISA

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent :05/27/10

I-129F NOA1 :06/03/10

I-129F NOA2 :06/28/10

NVC Received :07/02/10

Consulate Received :7/8/10

Packet 3 Received :7/17/10

Packet 3 Sent : 7/22/10

Interview Date : 9/3/10

Interview Result : APPROVED !!!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-09-11

US Entry : 2011-01-16

Marriage : 2011-02-25

Port of Entry : Miami

POE Date : 2011-01-16

AOS, EAD & AP

CIS Office : Miami FL

Date Filed : 2011-04-05

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA1 received: 2011-04-13

BIO Appointment date notification received: 2011-04-15

BIO Appointment date: 2011-04-29

Timeline

It can be very confusing! Include ample "evidence of relationship" in the I-129F package with the formally required papers. (By the way, remember to include English translations of all Spanish documents, using the simple certification statement for the translator, which you can find here.) Don't be afraid of sending too much; it can never look bad. He sends it to USCIS; wait; he'll get a notice of receipt (NOA1, we call it here). After some time, he'll either get an RFE (request for evidence) that USCIS still needs; or, if the package was initially complete, he'll get the notice of approval (NOA2, we call it). Then, USCIS sends the package to the NVC, where it will usually not stay long, and the NVC will send it to Bogota. You will then be contacted with instructions (you're already a little familiar with them from the embassy's page), and you'll either be sent a "Packet 3" (perhaps a "Packet 4") or be told how to download it from the embassy's website. The embassy stage will happen months from now, so just relax. I think that you understand the overall procedure better than you think you do!

Two other things:

1) When you receive your interview date at the embassy (months from now), make sure that your fiance is there with you. Have him visit you at least once between the I-129F filing and the interview (several months of gap). Take many fotos and have him save his airline boarding passes/luggage receipts. When he comes for your interview, have him come a few days early, and take more fotos to bring to the interview.

2) Visit the "Latin American regional subforum" here on VJ, where there is a very large thread about Bogota.

What do you mean by this?

unfortunately our political and social situation does not help for this kind of processes.
Oh, and ~Johnny~ (earlier poster): Thanks for lovely explanation, si man! :whistle: Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

TBoneTX

From: TBoneTX - "To the previous two posters: The OP asked for advice on what to send "out of the regular info." Please read carefully before offering advice."

C'mon..!! Otra Vez ???

I tried really hard not to respond to this post, but as you can see, I wasn't able to resist.

Do you really find it crucial to insult other posters? Alan gave a valid answer, however your post also helped. I just don't see the need for the insults and arrogance.. There's got to be a better way to make your point.

Let me share something with you..

If you travel often to other countries, you'll find very few cultures are as hard on others as Americans are with each other. It's a culture shock when foreigners experience the way we treat each other.. Regardless of the diferences in the way we respond to posts, will all have the best of intentions.

NOBODY Deserves to be treated in that manner.. It simply doesn't matter about your experience, income, where you live, the car you drive, who you know, where you work, or anything else, nobody should be treated dis-repectfully !!!

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Timeline
Do you really find it crucial to insult other posters?
Amigo, in this instance, they didn't fully read the post. Period. That's the point of the section that you quoted, and that's why I entered the thread -- to help the OP. If you can help her, too, please feel free. Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

TBoneTX

To the previous two posters: The OP asked for advice on what to send "out of the regular info." Please read carefully before offering advice.

This comment is just plain inappropriate. I absolutely dis-agree with your opinion on who should post here.. I strongly feel, This kind of Advise should be offered since maybe the poster didn't properly understand what was needed for the initial submission. It could be something that would help the original poster or someone else down the line.. I feel you ALSO answered the question well, and its certainly makes a good point about front-loading the initial submission.

I am not trying to take sides on who answered the question the best.. That isn't the point... The point I was trying to make was, There is no need to be insulting to each other...

I absolutely thank god for the help I've received from all the VJ'rs.. Sometimes, I may not know what I need to do or even exactly what I need to ask, but posts like Alan's can be just as helpful even though he may not have directly answered my posted question..

Here's a question for you; "what is the real objective of VJ?"

Yourself, Alan and countless others have no obligation to continue to offer their advise, but I am thankful they do.. I don't beleive that insulting posters is the best way to encourage them to continue their helpful sugestions.. In addition, I am not sure why any of us would want to insult the others...

You sound like a fairly inteligent person. However, like most others, you may have started this process with a ton of questions.. I know without the help and (just as important) the encouragement of folks like Alan, I'd still be wondering where the heck to start.. Or paying thousands of dollars for an attorney which who knows where that would have gotten me...

All am asking is, Let's think about it next time you feel the need to make such a statement..

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.