netguy

Police Certificate from SYRIA will take too long..

28 posts in this topic

So my Fiance stopped over at the Syria Embassy to request for her Police Certificate.

They said it will take 10 WEEKS to get. Has anyone else gotten theirs from Syria and did it really take this long?

Meamwhile our Packet 3 check list was sent back on April 22nd, 2010, and I know this may sound strange..I'm really hoping they won't send her a packet 4 UNTIL she gets this Police Certificiate from Syria because I've been informed without this certificate the consulate officer may ask her to return or mail this before issuing a Visa. YIKES!!!

anyways I'm really hoping its much less then 10 weeks. anyone care to enlighten me on this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well - either way they said 10 weeks 9and they must know what they're talking about) so hopefully she ordered it post haste! I don't think you can do much about it.

And yes, you are correct - she will have to have all of her paperwork(including police certs) in order for them to issue the VISA.

I don't know what the current wait between P3 and P4 is but then you'll have a few weeks to a month or 2 until the interview after receiving P4 so all you can hope for is that it comes in time.

She could potentially show up at the interview without the Syrian police cert and they'll out theings on hold until they receive everything (not really advisable) or if she doesn't have it in time..she could call and request a rescheduling of her interview.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Is it better to Reschedule if her Packet 4 arrives sooner then Police Certificate OR is it better to just go and then have the Official say Return with these documents?

Well - either way they said 10 weeks 9and they must know what they're talking about) so hopefully she ordered it post haste! I don't think you can do much about it.

And yes, you are correct - she will have to have all of her paperwork(including police certs) in order for them to issue the VISA.

I don't know what the current wait between P3 and P4 is but then you'll have a few weeks to a month or 2 until the interview after receiving P4 so all you can hope for is that it comes in time.

She could potentially show up at the interview without the Syrian police cert and they'll out theings on hold until they receive everything (not really advisable) or if she doesn't have it in time..she could call and request a rescheduling of her interview.

Timeline

If you reshedual the interview(once you get one) you will wait months for another one. NOT advisable, unless you want to wait even longer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Mine took 7 weeks from South Africa.. these things are normal. I hope it doesnt take too long for you!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

The IRAQI one says they are unavailable. What advice can you guys give me?

Netguy, there are VJ who have gone thru the Iraq embassy, you need to PM them. Click on the ReviewS Embassy/POE tab above and drop down to the Iraq embassy. Someone just had an interview in January 2010, maybe they can be of some assistant to you. Call the Iraq embassy in DC and ask them if there is a way for you SO to obatin her PC from out of Iraq.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Or better yet, call the Iraqi Embassy in Canada, or rather have your wife call:

http://www.iraqembassy.ca/index.htm

That is about all you can do.

As for the Syrian PC - if your wife does not have it by the time the interview is scheduled I would recommend she attend the interview anyway. While it does take Montreal some time to get around to reviewing additional documents that are submitted after the interview - it will probably take much longer to get another interview.

Okay small update.

She received a call from the IRAQI embassy today and they told my Fiance that they no longer supply police certificate. IF she wants one she would have to find a friend or a relative in IRAQ to go to the local police station in IRAQ to get it for her. Since she doesn't have friends or relatives in IRAQ I guess that leaves that part out.

She submitted a request for Syria to obtain her Police Certificate and it will take 10 weeks or by July 10 timeframe to get that back. so its a race between this document and when her packet 4 comes requesting her interview. this will be interesting to see which one will arrive first.

Or better yet, call the Iraqi Embassy in Canada, or rather have your wife call:

http://www.iraqembassy.ca/index.htm

That is about all you can do.

As for the Syrian PC - if your wife does not have it by the time the interview is scheduled I would recommend she attend the interview anyway. While it does take Montreal some time to get around to reviewing additional documents that are submitted after the interview - it will probably take much longer to get another interview.

Edited by netguy

Netguy, your SO can NOT just ignore getting the PC from Iraq, you'll are going to have to find a way. If you don't that can hole up the entire process.

Question, how long has your SO been in Canada? Did sahe not have to have the PC from Iraq to obtain the visia that enable her to enter Canada? You are missing the big picture here, this is not optional.

Timeline

If this is the case, she may wish to get a letter from the Iraqi embassy stating what they told her. She then may have to explain that she is unable to contact anyone in Iraq who can do this for her at her interview......no idea what Montreal would say.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

My fiance has been a permenant resident exactly 1yr now. The Syria PC is in the works and hopefully will come regardless. however the one for IRAQ is not possible since she has no relatives or friends etc. I'd like to know how the consulate officser would expect her to get that.

If this is the case, she may wish to get a letter from the Iraqi embassy stating what they told her. She then may have to explain that she is unable to contact anyone in Iraq who can do this for her at her interview......no idea what Montreal would say.

Timeline

My fiance has been a permenant resident exactly 1yr now. The Syria PC is in the works and hopefully will come regardless. however the one for IRAQ is not possible since she has no relatives or friends etc. I'd like to know how the consulate officser would expect her to get that.

Don;t know how old she is now, but isn't there a rule that Police certs are required for everywhere you've lived after a particualr age (16 maybe, but don't quote me).

Not to be harsh, but it's not the consulate officer's problem that she doesn't have friends or family there anymore who can help her out. Was she perhaps a refugee from Iraq or something of that nature? That would explain a lot about why she can no longer obtain it, but I really have no idea how Montreal would view it.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.