MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A "dread" was living in rural Jamaica in a community that had no electricity supply.

One evening he was reading his Bible (Macabee version) and meditating, assisted by lighting from a bedside lamp (Home Sweet Home), but was bothered by the constant nuisance of some mosquitoes.

He could bear it no longer so he decided to cover up under his sheet in bed, but it was useless as the mosquitoes kept biting him on his ears through the sheet.

He got up and blew out the lamp and went back under the sheets, hoping that the mosquitoes would not be able to bother him if they could not see him. The Mosquitoes did not bite him for a few minutes giving the "dread" hope that his so-called plan had worked out perfectly.

Now he was only hearing the constant "humming' of them flying around in the room. It was getting real hot under the sheets, so the "dread" decided that he would take off the sheet as it was too dark for the mosquitoes to see him now.

When he removed the sheets, lay on his back and looked up in the ceiling, he saw a 'peenie wallie' (Firefly) flying around. The "dread" shouted out "BlOOD CLAATT!! DEM CUM BACK WID FLASHLIGHT FI I AND I!!"

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sugar a blind yuh a try blind we?

girl i don't even want to tell you it will all be okay soon (which it will be) because i know when i was going through the process and as i still go through the process you can't easily get beyond the jitters and the worries

but as others have said if you have to vent then vent

those couple days they were closed have probably thrown alot of things out of whack too

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
A Jamaican man is sitting watching TV and his wife comes up behind him

and whacks him with a frying pan. "Aaahh! Wat dat for?" he shouts "Me find one paper inna yuh pocket wid a gyal name pon it, "Miss Melba" says his wife. "Wa yuh mean? Me an' me frien' Leroy go a race track last week and Miss Melba is de name a de horse dat run inna de first race," he protests. Two days later he is sitting watching TV again and "wack!"- one ###### lick inna 'im head with the back of the dutch-pot.

"Ooowww," he shouts. "Wa' dat for now?"

"Yu horse deh pan di phone"!

:rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A "dread" was living in rural Jamaica in a community that had no electricity supply.

One evening he was reading his Bible (Macabee version) and meditating, assisted by lighting from a bedside lamp (Home Sweet Home), but was bothered by the constant nuisance of some mosquitoes.

He could bear it no longer so he decided to cover up under his sheet in bed, but it was useless as the mosquitoes kept biting him on his ears through the sheet.

He got up and blew out the lamp and went back under the sheets, hoping that the mosquitoes would not be able to bother him if they could not see him. The Mosquitoes did not bite him for a few minutes giving the "dread" hope that his so-called plan had worked out perfectly.

Now he was only hearing the constant "humming' of them flying around in the room. It was getting real hot under the sheets, so the "dread" decided that he would take off the sheet as it was too dark for the mosquitoes to see him now.

When he removed the sheets, lay on his back and looked up in the ceiling, he saw a 'peenie wallie' (Firefly) flying around. The "dread" shouted out "BlOOD CLAATT!! DEM CUM BACK WID FLASHLIGHT FI I AND I!!"

:rofl: :rofl:

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon Ladies....Work ah kill mi but I had to stop for a second. I felt like my head was gonna buss.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

I rarely share a joke, but this made me SCREAM!

Screw The New Blonde!

An airline pilot finishes talking to the passengers just after his plane has taken off, and he forgets to turn off the intercom.

He says to the co-pilot, "I think I'll go take a sh!t and then try to screw that new blonde stewardess."

The stewardess hears it, and as she goes running up the aisle to tell him the intercom is still on, she trips on the rug and falls on her ####.

A little old lady looks down at her and says, "There's no rush, honey. He said he had to take a sh!t first!"

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

those jokes got me rolling sus..thanks!

big ups on the new job interviews jae.. GREAT.. can i ask how do u address getting laid off if they ask?? i always wondered how ppl spin those situations?

Not being laid off...what I said was that the Dr very kindly told me that I was going to be laid off due to not having enough business at the practice to justify keeping me. Also told them she would give a reference which she offered.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Sus or anyone can you help me out. I am trying to find a company in Las Vegas to help my Mom clean out her house. They have a garage full of ####### that none of us really feel like going through. Are there companies that will do this for you? I would like to get her packed up and moved out my way by the fall.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Hey Ladies,

JAP glad you feeling good today.....Well I had a breakdown this morning, but I am better now.

Jenglish u dont play you will have something soon, but dont keep that from ur husband for to long.

I have never tried sushi, when hubby come it have this place here that everyone raves about, I will try it with him it will be our celebration place maybe even for the reception....HMMMMM it is a thought.

Sugar, there is probably nothing anyone can say right now to make you feel better so go ahead and do what you need to do, we are here to support you sis! heart.gifrose.gif

Timeline

Sus or anyone can you help me out. I am trying to find a company in Las Vegas to help my Mom clean out her house. They have a garage full of ####### that none of us really feel like going through. Are there companies that will do this for you? I would like to get her packed up and moved out my way by the fall.

http://www.wecleanlasvegas.net/439471.html

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/lbs/

http://www.flatrate-service.com/

hope one of these links will help. I did a google search for Las Vegas moving/cleaning service...

(F) Mom (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.