MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies blush.gif

DaDa, I agree with you, there is a lot of support on here, but there is also a lot of judgement as with anything posted on the internet... no one really knows what you are going through in detail from reading a post made in an on-line forum.

My honey has been my rock these past months. He is right there in this boat with me, and we're paddling our little hearts out smiley-vault-misc-136.gif

If we did not have the love and open communication we do, there would be no way we could have made it through the past year and a half...

So in my time of need, I turn to him instead of here. He is always a txt away, and he keep his phone with him at all times same as I do.

He still calls me every morning to wake me up, and he still says little romantic things that even my poetic mind could not think of wub.gif He is truly my soul mate in every sense of the word and I am so blessed to have found him no matter how hard our journey has been.

One of the best things he did that really made me understand how much he cares was my birthday...

He has been asking me since last year how he can send me flowers, and I have looked into it, but without him having a major credit card I have come up empty handed...

But you know April 21st (My Birthday) I heard a knock on my door and there stood a man holding this:

23622_1343135551755_1632234917_827048_2435886_n.jpg

I was so shocked blink.gif

They were so beautiful and they smelled divine! smiley-love008.gif

Apparently he called my friend and had her go through the FTD website to find the perfect roses, order them and he txt her what to say on the card and western unioned her the money to pay her back...

All that trouble just to put a smile on my face, and lawd knows it worked biggrin.gif

We have been through a lot, and yes it has been hard, but every day we show each other how much this bond means to us. I never believed in love like this before I met that man. He has made me a believer!

And I say, what God has joined together let no man put asunder. Amen.

I have more to share, soon come... work a kill mi...

I jumped on to share my lil news and then I read this and it made me crying.gif I'm VERY happy for you two and wish you lots of love and happinesss!

Oh my news is that I registered for 3 classes!!!! Woooooooooo hoooooooooooo I am SO happy to be returning to school. I will NEVER take it for granted

Edited by MRStee

JaHoney.... go ahead and "Kill ar wit kindness" and when she ask you questions about if you applied...den tell ar..."mi nah sure" Cause folks who do dirt know what they are doing and expect you to be angry so when you flip the switch on her and act all nice you will throw her azz off!!!! :thumbs: Plus, Karma is a BYATCH...she will get hers :devil:

Damn right Jamerican right on Sis!

Really excited about my new printer....Prints photos in 17 secs for a 4x6.....Before took me 650 secs per print, so constantly had problems at an event when lots of people tried to buy photos as they were leaving....

Please keep unu fingers crossed for me that I get a event for Saturday that they were supposed to call me back about!!!

Finesse, Tanya is an AMAZING lyricist...she comes from angles you don't even think about....love her vocal range too

fingers crossed JAEng as soon as I get these next 40 lbs off I'm coming down for my photo shoot, down 22 almost there!

Thats good hope it doesnt come

I feel a tiny bit nausea in the morning but no morning sickness.

But girl I have Gas out of this world, hubby wanted a you know what party last night but afterwards the gas was killing me, it feels like im in labor. :wacko: :wacko: so I had to fall asleep on the couch. fart.gif:rofl:

sorry bout the nausea but comes wid deh territory, keep some crackers and ginger beer with you at all times and yuh will be alright!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Mi sorry. Hopefully soon you and your furniture will be moved in. N/S to Ja is defintely a plus!

JaP- Those roses were gorgeous and how sweet of him to go through all of that.

JaEnglish- I'm a photo freak and have been printing at Walgreens. I'm going to go with your suggesstion of Ritzpix. Thanks!

Nat- Be easy on the kids! Well, I guess every judging group needs a Simon to balance out.

Good afternoon everyone!!

Walgreens is TERRIBLE!!! If you HAVE to print somewhere other than Ritz, Walmart is the lesser of the evils!! You can also pick up photos with free delivery from your local Ritz camera if you have one near you. Also, always print in matte rather than glossy!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodafternoon yardies, hope everyone is having a great day.

On my lunch break just trying to catch up.

The school district in my area cut 770 workers yesterday and already 1 female teacher commited suicide. I work at a preschool and I have to pray that they're not doing cuts in that department. As of now the plan is to cut teachers and have teacher assistant play the role of teachers BUT with the same salary, sickening but lets see what happens...

Aww Kj, I hope not! I hear there is a freeze in Philadelphia for hiring teachers huh.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Soooo...what was the last nice thing to happen to you??

Some of you would think that I would say getting that

pregnancy-test-after-use-positive-blue-lines-blue-cross-indicator-1-ANON.jpg

But atually it wasnt, it was spending time with my family on Mother's Day, hubby had dinner ready before I came back from Cali, whuch was wonderful and my presents and everyone just catering to me.

This is different because I am the one always catering, but since my situation, they are all trying to see what they can do (a little) bit more for me and its cute.

JAP- your story was beautiful, thanks for sharing. I love the part about good men because thats so true. My hubby ha salso always been so supportive of me and he was the one I could always turn to also when he was in jamaica, and while he is here.

Hey lady C and Brooke, how have yall been?

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies :blush:

DaDa, I agree with you, there is a lot of support on here, but there is also a lot of judgement as with anything posted on the internet... no one really knows what you are going through in detail from reading a post made in an on-line forum.

My honey has been my rock these past months. He is right there in this boat with me, and we're paddling our little hearts out smiley-vault-misc-136.gif

And I say, what God has joined together let no man put asunder. Amen.

I have more to share, soon come... work a kill mi...

I can’t see the pics but I imagine they are too beautiful. Your story really put a a smile on my face thanks for sharing. Your right I think any where you go there will be good bad and ugly and this board is no different.. I would never say turn to us instead of your sweetie of course he comes first and the fact that you can lean on him for support speaks volumes. Sometimes that is VERY hard to find.

Timeline

Goodafternoon yardies, hope everyone is having a great day.

On my lunch break just trying to catch up.

The school district in my area cut 770 workers yesterday and already 1 female teacher commited suicide. I work at a preschool and I have to pray that they're not doing cuts in that department. As of now the plan is to cut teachers and have teacher assistant play the role of teachers BUT with the same salary, sickening but lets see what happens...

Are you serious 770 people?? Holy cow that is a lot of people and then they will have teachers assistants teach?? That makes no sense at all to me. I pray you dodge the bullet!

Goodluck on the interviews!!

Thanks!

Timeline

So let me finish my update and get out of here before my boss fires me... :hehe:

I had 4 months of maternity leave because I had complications with my c-section. I was entitled to another 6 weeks of "bonding time" but when I called my boss to discuss it, I was in not so many words told that if I wanted my job I needed to come back to work ASAP :blink:

I had saved some money and was planning on taking baby girl to see her daddy in those 6 weeks, but with the income requirements for AOS I need this job. So back to work I went on April 26th. I was basically starting over, all my leads were given away while I was gone and I was told that I would be under strict review in regards to attendance. After 10 years with this company, no one here thought I was coming back, and I did not feel welcomed AT ALL. :hehe: They said that they did not think I could handle a full time job and two kids alone :angry: But Imma show them... in the last week I have gotten 3 appointment (I do sales) and every day I prove that I am the best they got! BOOM! :rofl:

sorry I had to add that! :D

So I will not be able to idle in the daytime :( just what I have typed this morning has taken up too much time... I will try to come on more in the evenings and share and read, but I tell you I leave home at 7:45am and after going to pick up babygirl I sometimes don't get home till 8pm or later... by the time I talk to honey it's all I can do but fall into bed and rest myself for another day...

One great, wonderful thing I can share before I go:

I decided to spend some of the airfare money I saved on a netbook for my honey. I went to BestBuy here in Cali and payed for it, and our very own Thompson2 walked into a best buy in FL picked it up and carried it to MoBay! I tell you that was the best money I ever spent. Seeing his smiling face in my computer screen has been WONDERFUL, and him being able to see his daughter has truly opened his eyes to the beauty of technology! He is still learning, but thank God he is a quick learner! :dance:

Thank you Thompson2 :wub:

So that's what's going on with me... one day at a time...

Hey ladies quick question if I was listed as choice of agent would my husband still get a copy of his interview letter?

Hey Bajan, if you elect yourself as the choice of agent all mail will come to you. You will recvd the interview letter via email and you can either email it to him or fax it when the time comes for him to get his medical. Let me know if you need more info good luck on the rest of your journey :thumbs:

It is AMAZING!! It's the Sony Snaplab

sony_snaplab_system.jpg

As a scrap booker, you might consider one of the smaller models of dye-sub printers!!

Printing is cheap these days, normal about 30c per print....

That is hot!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My aunts and uncles pitching in to give me a few dollars for my move. It really means so much to me. If they only knew…..

Knew what?? you betta not be using that $$ for a trip to JA!!! (ok, so that is what I would do....lol)

PHILLI!!! girl...you sneaked that wonderful bit of info in on us....I caught it...CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!! U GO GIRL!!!

JAPrincess....your story is wonderful.....makes me smile. I have already started getting happy for my journey to CA for your wedding!!!! It's right around the corner!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.