MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Don't believe her! She says she has been texting me and I just got one today.

dillon u di only one wasn't getting my text mi even text Mrstee from Jamaica and she get it...sinting du u mad phone

Q- a diet is never easy I don't look at it that way, I just don't eat as much...really, I eat our of a small soup bowl which I got from the Chinese store. It's about 6 inch. It took 3 weeks for my belly to get use to it, but I still eat the same thing and I exercise love the elliptical if you want u batty fi lift use that and do squats which too 8 weeks for me to get use too OMG...but I'm still FAT -- just rounderier

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah I got that one after my surgery it's all good. Q -- are they playing the Nicki Minaj and Gypthian song all the time on the radio where you live as well -- they play it so much in DC

gyal..not enough caribbean here to even have a whole reggae station.. we have an INTERNATIONAL station LOL heard the version w/ nicki on the internet.. i think it GO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be honest when i first heard the original, i was like :angry: cuz im so used to gyptian's love songs LOL.. its grew on me tho..

A musician friend posted it on his blog - he's in VA - was supposed to back him that's what he heard -

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Did you forget we're talking bout the embassy?

Oh, okay. I wonder if he performed in VA. They were giving away tickets in DC about a week ago. That's sad. I hope that will never happen to Beres because I will bawl down the place.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Don't believe her! She says she has been texting me and I just got one today.

a tru dis time dills LOL.. mi heard her pretty likkle jamaican voice LOL

and har a chat wid hubby tuh.. chat bout him sound yankee LOL

a tru dis time dills LOL.. mi heard her pretty likkle jamaican voice LOL

and har a chat wid hubby tuh.. chat bout him sound yankee LOL

DWL @ Quanna, but he did sound like one yankee a twang im did a twang, but dat change weh mi seh wah a gwaane -- I told my hubby if I ever hear im twanging I will tease him all day long...di twanging makes my head hurt and I hate it...sound like smadi a squeeze dem....(oh well) cann type dat

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Oh, okay. I wonder if he performed in VA. They were giving away tickets in DC about a week ago. That's sad. I hope that will never happen to Beres because I will bawl down the place.

Me too! Can't wait to see Beres this summer!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl, I drank 3 Red Stripes and PASSED OUT! :lol:

Then I woke up and called the prayer line. :yes:

Lol at you passing out from 3 red stripes, I too am a weak drinkier, I fall asleep on 2 smirnoff ice :yes:

BTW you did the right thing by calling a prayer line. Also, no prayer stronger than your own. Cry and pray, it will help!

Guys my in laws told me that they never understand when I talk...I mean I have a strong island accent too, but you dont understand me and I understand you LMAO....My mother in law says she likes it when my sister in law is in the room so that she can translate.....

How I figured it out is one day I was talking and I really noticed they kept saying excuse me! excuse me! and that is when the told me. So now mi a haf to talk patwa. I was dying laughing.

Where exactly are you from?

Hello Yardies!

I am new to this thread. I got my interview date finally! It will be on July 19. My hubbie will be coming down to support me at the interview. YEAH!! I saw him in May for 2wks when I went to visit but jeez July can't come soon enough. LOL

I am here trying to determine when to tender my resignation.

1) Can anyone tell me the timeframe in which you received your passport from DHL?

2) What is the process like at Mobay Hope for the medical? Is it an all day thing?

I really want to be ready to depart Jamaica early August but I don't want to burn bridges at work so I would prefer to give 2wks notice.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

Peace,

MaryLan

Don't resign until you get the visa in hand! Goodluck on your interview!

Calling all PA/DE/MD/DC Yardies (and anyone else who'd like) I was thinking of trying to get a Yardie Link up in order sometime in August (not the last weekend because I will be in JA) and I'd like to do it in MD. Nothing fancy, just a meet up for lunch. Can anyone is MD recommend a good place for lunch, perferrably Carribean food. I just need a place. Im thinking saturday, August 14th.

Anyone down? Any suggestions?

I figure I'd start this since hubby and I have been actively meeting VJ Yardie members star_smile.gif

I'll be waiting.....

I would love to come, just set the date and we'll be there.

Hubby and I found a great Jamaican restaurant in NY, wish we had found it instead of BBQ's, BBW's was good but the tax and tip was ridiculous. Anyway, this Jamaican restaurant is very nice and affotdable, let me know if you'd like to link up and we can invite Mo this time. As for AC this wekend, we won't make it :crying::(:crying:

Later yardies, heading back to work.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

dillon u di only one wasn't getting my text mi even text Mrstee from Jamaica and she get it...sinting du u mad phone

Q- a diet is never easy I don't look at it that way, I just don't eat as much...really, I eat our of a small soup bowl which I got from the Chinese store. It's about 6 inch. It took 3 weeks for my belly to get use to it, but I still eat the same thing and I exercise love the elliptical if you want u batty fi lift use that and do squats which too 8 weeks for me to get use too OMG...but I'm still FAT -- just rounderier

rounderier?? :rofl::rofl: you so crazy.. i know portions is the way to go and being more active.. just always start and stop.. you are doing great have been at it for son long.

i am gonna try again, i don't weigh myself, i just want to look proportionate..

Timeline

Hi everyone, hope we all had a great wekend.

As for myself I came on here friday night to check on JaP status about the waiver and I was so disappointed when she post the news that I didn't even want to reply. I kept thinking about her all weekend and I pray that things just turn drastically and work in her favor.

Going back to catch up.

Thanks KJ (F)

I am getting through it...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Did you forget we're talking bout the embassy?

:rofl:

Timeline

chop aff yuh big head biggrin.gif

OMG...I spit soda out of my nose at this and Tre's answer.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

rounderier?? rofl.gifrofl.gif you so crazy.. i know portions is the way to go and being more active.. just always start and stop.. you are doing great have been at it for son long.

i am gonna try again, i don't weigh myself, i just want to look proportionate..

Q -- my problem is RICE and I love it. I can do with bread and other starches. I don't even eat ice cream, chocolate and those things, but I need to cut back on the RUM CREAM (lots of calories) -- I use it as creamer (is that WRONG) -- maybe I need counseling.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

DWL @ Quanna, but he did sound like one yankee a twang im did a twang, but dat change weh mi seh wah a gwaane -- I told my hubby if I ever hear im twanging I will tease him all day long...di twanging makes my head hurt and I hate it...sound like smadi a squeeze dem....(oh well) cann type dat

:rofl::rofl: ooohhh ya bad mind.lol.. ppl have told him he sound like he from bahamas, but he doesn't think so, mi nuh knoa..i know he doesn't have a thick accent.. hadn't lived in Jamaica for at least 6 yrs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Quick question, I have AOS interview next month but my passport expires in Oct and wanna take hubby home in Dec... When should I begin to get my passport renewed? Should I renew my 10 year visa too? Please help

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

mlbarb congrats on your interview -- that was the best part, right?

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.