scandal

2 Chicago state reps: Bring in the National Guard

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's Chicago, is this really that surprising?

They need Rudy Giuliani in there to come take back the streets! :lol:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Come on, BY you're dying to tell us... don't leave us in suspense.

Tell me what you really think.

Rednecks with white hoodies?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Chicago does not have a handgun ban. You can have them, but they have to be registered. You cannot conceal carry in the state of Illinois.

That is not true. Chicago does have an effective handgun ban within city limits.

You are correct that legal handguns must be registered in Chicago, but Chicago stopped offering municipal services to perform registrations in 1982. The effect is that the only legal handguns in the city are those which were registered prior to 1982. That is an insignificant number. No legal gunowners are able to register, and therefore possess, a handgun within city limits since that time. That leaves three categories of would-be Chicago gun owners: (1) legal gun owners who purchase their weapon outside of city limits and store it there (e.g. the gun club I visited recently in Lyons IL has lockers used by Chicago residents who keep their handguns there). (2) Chicago residents such as Otis McDonald who want to legally own a gun in Chicago but are unable to do so (3) people possessing guns illegally within city limits.

The McDonald v. Chicago SCOTUS case is likely to change this state of affairs in June.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'll put it into perspective: 255 people were killed in AUS; in an entire year; out of 22,000,000 people.

Australia is so violent I know. It is terrible. In Vermont, where anyone can carry a concealed handgun without a permit, there were 4 homocides in an entire year for a population of 600,000. about half the rate of murder of Australia. The last time a police officer in Vermont was killed in the line of duty was 1932. He was accidentally hit by a car. The other police officer to die on duty died from a heart attack.

I would say the people of Chicago would be a lot safer if they allowed law abiding citizens to be armed. Since the state feels that the answer is to bring in more guns, let the people defend themselves, then they will have the opportunity to have as such a crime free society as we have in Vermont.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is not true. Chicago does have an effective handgun ban within city limits.

You are correct that legal handguns must be registered in Chicago, but Chicago stopped offering municipal services to perform registrations in 1982. The effect is that the only legal handguns in the city are those which were registered prior to 1982. That is an insignificant number. No legal gunowners are able to register, and therefore possess, a handgun within city limits since that time. That leaves three categories of would-be Chicago gun owners: (1) legal gun owners who purchase their weapon outside of city limits and store it there (e.g. the gun club I visited recently in Lyons IL has lockers used by Chicago residents who keep their handguns there). (2) Chicago residents such as Otis McDonald who want to legally own a gun in Chicago but are unable to do so (3) people possessing guns illegally within city limits.

The McDonald v. Chicago SCOTUS case is likely to change this state of affairs in June.

I stand corrected.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)