Usui Takumi

Wording in Arizona Bill

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No. 2 I based from this "A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,

WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE

PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373©." ie. they contact ICE, and either over the radio or in person ICE determines their status.

Regarding the US citizenship lie...thats pretty scary! That means that a hispanic US citizen CAN be taken if the police think he is lying about citizenship. Even if the person was stopped for a simple moving violation.

"The law isn't specific about illegal immigrants committing a public offense that would make them removable. The law says an officer can arrest ANYONE if they have probable cause to believe they committed such an offense. Except for immigration related offenses, pretty much all removable offenses are crimes, regardless who commits them."

Thats why I was asking about the arrestable offense thing awhile back, this part of the law is redundant.

You do realize that it's already at the officer's discretion what he does with you, even in a simple moving violation. You CAN actually be arrested for speeding, running a red light, etc. There is a lot of lead-way here actually. They can give you a warning, they can write you a ticket, or they can simply arrest you. Arrests are rare mind you, but that can do it...

You're over thinking the 'probabale cause' aspect of things. Just as cops search cars that they smell weed in, or see an empty beer car in the back. It's really no different. Also racial profiling is strictly prohibited as well.

It's pretty simple: Person A has no valid ID, no insurance, speaks broken English... that's pretty damn good probable cause that they aren't here legally...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

You do realize that it's already at the officer's discretion what he does with you, even in a simple moving violation. You CAN actually be arrested for speeding, running a red light, etc. There is a lot of lead-way here actually. They can give you a warning, they can write you a ticket, or they can simply arrest you. Arrests are rare mind you, but that can do it...

You're over thinking the 'probabale cause' aspect of things. Just as cops search cars that they smell weed in, or see an empty beer car in the back. It's really no different. Also racial profiling is strictly prohibited as well.

It's pretty simple: Person A has no valid ID, no insurance, speaks broken English... that's pretty damn good probable cause that they aren't here legally...

If your saying that a traffic stop can lead to an arrest if something is found through a visual inspection from outside the car (ie. drugs, firearm etc on the seat)then yes I agree.

If its a simple moving violation, then no you can not. In most states going over 30 = reckless driving and yes that's an arrestable offense.

If person A has no valid ID in a vehicle, that is grounds for arrest anyway. You can be arrested for driving without a license.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

If your saying that a traffic stop can lead to an arrest if something is found through a visual inspection from outside the car (ie. drugs, firearm etc on the seat)then yes I agree.

If its a simple moving violation, then no you can not. In most states going over 30 = reckless driving and yes that's an arrestable offense.

If person A has no valid ID in a vehicle, that is grounds for arrest anyway. You can be arrested for driving without a license.

Actually you can. As I said, it's up to the officer's discretion on what he does usually. Most departments won't do it for economic reasons of housing someone in jail for something so petty, but it's not unheard of for simple speeding/red light/stop sign violations...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Actually you can. As I said, it's up to the officer's discretion on what he does usually. Most departments won't do it for economic reasons of housing someone in jail for something so petty, but it's not unheard of for simple speeding/red light/stop sign violations...

Can you show me please?

Timeline

Can you show me please?

See: Reckless Driving

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

See: Reckless Driving

Reckless Driving is a Misdemeanor. (I already noted this in post 17) Almost all cities and counties have an ordinance that strictly forbids arrest for a civil infraction.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

Reckless Driving is a Misdemeanor. (I already noted this in post 17) Almost all cities and counties have an ordinance that strictly forbids arrest for a civil infraction.

It's an arrestable offense in Arizona.

Also one here in Texas as well, and very discretionary.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

It's an arrestable offense in Arizona.

Also one here in Texas as well, and very discretionary.

Of course it is, its a misdemeanor in probably every state.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Who has comments on what the abogado (lawyer) said?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).