7 posts in this topic

Hi, im here asking a question for a Friend of mine. He meet a girl who came to america on a Tourist Visa and they fell in love and got married here. What are there options so that she can stay here and not have to go back. do they Have to do a AOS? and were can i read up on the rules on this. Thank you very much.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: Other Timeline

I noticed your user ID: MUSLIM QUEEN. Are you Royalty from a Muslim country, or are you the leader of a Muslim movement?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I noticed your user ID: MUSLIM QUEEN. Are you Royalty from a Muslim country, or are you the leader of a Muslim movement?

..Its Just a name.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Hi, im here asking a question for a Friend of mine. He meet a girl who came to america on a Tourist Visa and they fell in love and got married here. What are there options so that she can stay here and not have to go back. do they Have to do a AOS? and were can i read up on the rules on this. Thank you very much.

Your friend could follow THIS guide - they should carefully read the 'Warning' portion as well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

??????

:huh:

To the OP; yes, they can AOS if that's what they decide to do. They could also go the CR-1 route, if they feel unsure about attempting AOS.

4OvIp1.png

kCtMp1.png

Sept. 6th - Arrived for 3 months to stay with my boyfriend

Nov. 21st - Got married!

February 12th - Mailed paperwork

February 25th - Checks cashed

February 26th - NOAs received

March 4th - Touched! AP, I-130, I-765

March 11th - Received Biometrics appt for 24/03/10

March 12th - Walk in Biometrics completed!

March 15th - Touched. I-765, I-485

March 24th Original Biometrics appt date

March 26th - Received Interview Date for April 27th

April 23rd - Touched!

April 26th - AP approved, EAD approved, card production ordered

April 27th - Interview - APPROVED!

May 3rd - EAD received in mail

May 6th - Approval notices for I-130 and I-485 received

May 11th - Card production ordered

June 1st - GC finally received!

It is important that you know this: coming to the US with the intent to immigrate on a tourist visa is illegal.

Now, if your friend comes to the US and meets Mr Nice Guy or Miss Lovely Gal and then decides to get married and immigrate, that is perfectly legal. Scores of people have done that. In addition, you have to prove very strong evidence of bonafide marriage when you file your petition.

So if you are going to get your tourist visa and enter this country, do not make any misrepresentations.

04/02/2010: AOS I-130, I-485 and I-765 mailed by UPS 2nd Day Air

04/06/2010: Delivered, Signed by Chiba (Day 1)

04/13/2010: Checks cashed, NOAs received via email and text (Day 7)

04/19/2010: Hard NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 received (Day 13)

04/23/2010: Biometrics Appointment received (Day 17)

05/04/2010: RFE for I-864 received (Day 28)

05/06/2010: RFE for I-864 mailed back (Day 30)

05/12/2010: Case processing resumed (Day 36)

05/14/2010: Biometrics Appointment, I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 38)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 41)

06/08/2010: EAD card production ordered (Day 63)

06/19/2010: EAD card received (Day 74)

07/02/2010: Interview letter received (Day 87)

08/04/2010: Interview (Day 120)==> Approved!!. Card Production Ordered text received

08/21/2010: Greencard received (Day 137)

Eligible for ROC: 05/04/2012

Eligible for Naturalization: 08/04/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.