fiffjtw24

Need Help with AOS info PLEASE!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all and thanks for your replies in advance..

I am putting together my I-864 package for NVC and had a few minor questions...

1)I know I am suppose to staple the I-864 itself and the tax docs separately, BUT do I staple the entire package all together including the cover sheet and cover page, etc..?

2) I know you are not supposed to leave any spaces blank on the form, so do I put "NONE", "NOT APPLICABLE", or "N/A" in the boxes..? ex: the SSN box for the applicant.....

3) It asks for the Applicant's A-number - Does the USCIS send the A-number on the NOA2 letter? or will she not get an A-number until she gets her Visa approved and enters the USA??? Background - she has never applied for a Visa before and has never entered the USA before.... I just want to make sure I did not miss getting the A-number already.....

4) Also, if I have not filed taxes last 3 years - what do I put for question 25??

We are applying for CR-1 Visa in Colombia.... Thanks again!!!

11-10-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

1)I know I am suppose to staple the I-864 itself and the tax docs separately, BUT do I staple the entire package all together including the cover sheet and cover page, etc..?

I wouldn't - just use a paperclip to hold them all together.

2) I know you are not supposed to leave any spaces blank on the form, so do I put "NONE", "NOT APPLICABLE", or "N/A" in the boxes..? ex: the SSN box for the applicant.....

Yes, use one of them - depends what the question is - for the SSN, for example - "None" would be appropriate. Where it asks you to list your children, if you have none - N/A would be appropriate. But really - doesn't matter, just be sure to use one or the other.

3) It asks for the Applicant's A-number - Does the USCIS send the A-number on the NOA2 letter? or will she not get an A-number until she gets her Visa approved and enters the USA??? Background - she has never applied for a Visa before and has never entered the USA before.... I just want to make sure I did not miss getting the A-number already.....

I think it is on the NOA2 - I can't remember.

4) Also, if I have not filed taxes last 3 years - what do I put for question 25??

Depends, why didn't you file taxes?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks trail for your reply....

I did not file tax returns for last 3 years because I did not have enough income to need to file...

Also, on the A-number - I just wanted to make sure that the Applicant did indeed get an A-number from USCIS on NOA2... thanks

11-10-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks trail for your reply....

I did not file tax returns for last 3 years because I did not have enough income to need to file...

Also, on the A-number - I just wanted to make sure that the Applicant did indeed get an A-number from USCIS on NOA2... thanks

For the tax return question, that answer is in the I-864 instructions:

"If you were not required to file a Federal incometax return under U.S. tax law for any other reason, attach awritten explanation including evidence of the exemption and how you are subject to it".

So if you earned zero money, that's easy, just attach a note saying in tax years - 07, 08 and 09 I had zero income and therefore was not required to file.

If you had any earnings in those years, then you need to state why you didn't file. Have a look at the 1040 for each of those years, it tells you what the cut off amounts are to file. So say for 2007 that was 8 thousand, for married filing (jointly - separately) - however you would have filed. You could state:

I did not file in 2007 as my income was 12 dollars and the IRS filing requirement, for 2007, for Married Filing Separately was 8 thousand dollars.

Just a simple statement for each tax year involved.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello all and thanks for your replies in advance..

I am putting together my I-864 package for NVC and had a few minor questions...

We are applying for CR-1 Visa in Colombia.... Thanks again!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Regards Question Number 3):

Your beneficiary does not have an 'A' number. (There is no 'A'number on your NOA2. So don't look for it). The A-number refers to 'Alien Registration Number'.

As your beneficiary is now a CR-1/IR-1 visa candidate, they don't have an A-number yet. This will come later after the visa issued and once they receive their Green card here in the US. Then you will see the 'A'-number.

The 'A'-number refers to other types of process. For example: Your CR-1 visa is a temporary 2 year visa. After your beneficiary is in the US for 15 months, you will begin a process for "Adjustment of Status" so that your beneficiary can get their 10 year permanent resident Green card. On those future forms is when you will use the 'A'number because they will be a registered alien in the US at that time.

Hope you understand.

Best of Luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.