ceyda

Question about N-400 Form

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I have been following this blog for a long time but this is my first post since my naturalization process will begin soon.

I have 2 questions.

in the form where it says any other names that you have used

should I put my maiden name before marriage?

and another one is about signing the form.it says you should sign your full name.

my signature is totally different than my name.so should i hand print my name and sign next to it?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

Eligible to file for N-400 May 14 2010

Based on 3 years marriage

Local Office:Fort Lauderdale/Florida

Hi Everyone!

I have been following this blog for a long time but this is my first post since my naturalization process will begin soon.

I have 2 questions.

in the form where it says any other names that you have used

should I put my maiden name before marriage?

and another one is about signing the form.it says you should sign your full name.

my signature is totally different than my name.so should i hand print my name and sign next to it?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

Eligible to file for N-400 May 14 2010

Based on 3 years marriage

Local Office:Fort Lauderdale/Florida

1. Yes put the names/aliases that you had used in the past like your maiden name.

2. The Form only asked for signature, no need to complicate. They might return your application if they got confused and your signature from the AOS-ROC (as it appears in your Green Card) to Citizenship should be the same unless you are going to have a name change this time?

3. If you still have your G-325A, you can use it too as your reference to answer some questions on the form like work history and addresses.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

1. Yes put the names/aliases that you had used in the past like your maiden name.

2. The Form only asked for signature, no need to complicate. They might return your application if they got confused and your signature from the AOS-ROC (as it appears in your Green Card) to Citizenship should be the same unless you are going to have a name change this time?

3. If you still have your G-325A, you can use it too as your reference to answer some questions on the form like work history and addresses.

Good luck!

ampi,

Both you and the post auther got point.

In the application form it asks simply for your signature, HOWEVER in the N-400 instructions it says to sign your full name without abbreviating it or use initials.. :unsure::blink:

ampi,

Both you and the post auther got point.

In the application form it asks simply for your signature, HOWEVER in the N-400 instructions it says to sign your full name without abbreviating it or use initials.. :unsure::blink:

Correct the signature must be in full name, No abbreviation and No initials. Very important to read the instructions first before filling out the forms also. One of the members here got the application returned because he/she printed out his full name instead of signing it. Duh, confusing isn't it? Important is when you sign, it MUST be your complete name.:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you used a computer to ask this question, can also use a computer to download the N-400 using the now free Acrobat Reader 9.something and save your copy, even make corrections.

Any name you have used legally you must include, and that is the full name, really isn't that difficult nor that big of a deal, unless you were married and divorced a hundred times, that requires your own supplied piece of paper with a see the attached paper written in the blank of the N-400 name.

And what's the big deal about signing your name in longhand like the form asks you to do? Love my wife, but this was always an issue with her. Then they make you sign it twice, once at home when you filled out the application, and again under the oath at your interview. After that terrible experience of writing your full name, then you have to do it again on your USC certificate and US passport. OH MY GOD!

there is no result after this conversation though.

so should i print my name.or should i sign not everybody signs their name and last name a their signature

If it says signature it means signature - this is something you do with a pen and you don't print it - look up cursive writing that will give you an idea. Follow instructions as they are clear - they want you to sign your full name.

There was recently a topic where the poster typed his name and the application was returned to him - TWICE. So think about it.

post-29033-12725910755708_thumb.png

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.