person

Maybe forgot to file AR-11, I-865

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Can anyone help with this one.. I do believe we filed both AR-11 and I-865 for our 2 moves in the last 2 years, although struggling to find photocopies now :( What bothers me is that I received a notice to file I-751 that got sent to my oldest address, the one that was listed on all of the immigration forms, but we haven't been living there for 2 years now! It makes me wonder, did they never receive any of my change of address for 2 moves?! I don't know what to do now.

I don't know if filing another set of change of address forms is the right idea at this point, especially since I do believe we did it already. Do I need to call - any idea what # to call on this? Are both Ar-11 and I-865 processed by the same agency or do I need to call multiple agencies now? I'm in my 90 day to file for removal of conditions, please advise what's best to do.

Thank you all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Another familiar questionbiggrin.gif

Don't worry, many people got reminder letter at old address despite filed change of addresses.

USCIS just send reminder to address when you filed AOS. (Don't ask me why!)

So, you'll be fine, just file I-751 with your new addresssmile.gif

Timeline

Thanks. Actually, after enough looking we found 2 AR-11 forms and one I-865 (not the latest though). Do you know if there's a # to call to double check they have the latest I-865 for my husband? I also saw in some posts that if you forgot to file I-865, just file it again. I am just not so sure I forgot, so I don't know if we need to again.. Sorry, I am sure it's not the first post like this, but I am freaking out because of all those fines. I know nobody else got fined, but they all sent theirs in sooner than later! USCIS stresses me out!

Thanks. Actually, after enough looking we found 2 AR-11 forms and one I-865 (not the latest though). Do you know if there's a # to call to double check they have the latest I-865 for my husband? I also saw in some posts that if you forgot to file I-865, just file it again. I am just not so sure I forgot, so I don't know if we need to again.. Sorry, I am sure it's not the first post like this, but I am freaking out because of all those fines. I know nobody else got fined, but they all sent theirs in sooner than later! USCIS stresses me out!

Trust me on this one.... do not call them! You will end up in the same position you are now or even a more confused position. I had the same happen to me and I called them without any help! I ended up filing and got approved without any complications.

As long as you have proof that you changed your address, then you don't need to worry about it. Just file the I-751 with the current address and you will be fine.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

As long as you have proof that you changed your address, then you don't need to worry about it. Just file the I-751 with the current address and you will be fine.

I agree with this advice. You have proof of changing the address.....it matters most that you are current, so just send a copy of the 2 AR-11s with your I-751, and list & flag them in your cover letter. Stop stressing you are fine! :)

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Timeline

I agree with this advice. You have proof of changing the address.....it matters most that you are current, so just send a copy of the 2 AR-11s with your I-751, and list & flag them in your cover letter. Stop stressing you are fine! :)

Ok, thank you to both! So you're suggesting not filing another I-865 at this point? With AR-11's I am covered; just didn't know about the sponsor since the latest I-865 is missing! I read on the forum that a lot of people are sending in their I-865 late just to send it, I wish I knew for sure if I sent it in or not! :) Do they even check I-865?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I just enclosed copies of the confirmations for filing AR-11 online and copies of NOA's for filing I-865 in my I-751 package before I sent it out. Together with the confirmations of AR-11 I put copies of our ID/DL's to show them that we changed our addresses wherever needed.

AOS TIMELINE

10/11/07 AOS SENT 10/15 DELIVERED

10/23/07 NOA I-130, I-765, I-485 dated 10/19

10/27/07 EAD and AOS Bio received

11/09/07 RFE received. Case resumed.

11/20/07 Biometrics done

11/21/07 EAD&AOS appeared online

11/25/07 AOS&EAD touched!

12/28/07 EAD card production ORDERED

12/29/07 INTERVIEW letter scheduled for 03/25/08

01/07/08 EAD RECEIVED

02/28/08 I-485 touched, I-130 appeared on-line

03/25/08 INTERVIEW:APPROVED, YEA

03/26/08 WELCOME NOTICE SENT&I-130 APPROVED

03/28/08 Card Production Ordered!

04/02/08 Approval Notice Sent, I-485

04/04/08 GREEN CARD in the mail box!

I-751 TIMELINE

03/05/10 I-751 Sent, 03/06 Delivered to VSC, USPS Express

03/10/10 Check cashed

03/13/10 NOA dated 03/08 RECEIVED

03/23/10 BIO Notice dated 03/19 SCHEDULED for 04/14/.Case-Online.

04/09/10 Early Bio Done

04/18/10 I485&I765 touched on Sunday!

05/27/10 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

06/17/10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

SEPTEMBER, 2011 U.S.CITIZENSHIP

• 1 year later...

Could anybody please be so kind to answer my question. We moved to a new address in June 2010 after I got my 2 year green card about 8 months. I did fill in online for the form AR-11 (non U.S citizen)on 06/30/2010 within 10 days of moving and got online confirmation number form USCIS but forgot to mail form I-865 for my husband (sponsor)to USCIS. Now we are going to apply for my 10 year green card in July 2011 then I realized I forgot to mail form I-865 for my husband. Can we still mail the form I-865 for my husband (sponsor) next week? Should he fill in the date "Effective date of Change of Address": 06/30/2010 so it would be the same date of my form AR-11 but the date for signature is 05/16/2011?

Should I send USCIS a copy of the deed of the house that showed both our name as husband and wife and the date we bought the new house and move in together to prove that we are together the same time and we are expecting a baby soon?

I am so worried. Please be so kind to help me!!! Thank you so very much!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We were in a similar situation. I sent my I-865 just before we sent our I-751, the I-751 was approved. Yes, use your actual move date for "effective date of change" and the current date for the signature. The most important thing is to not lie.

Honestly, I bet if you forgot the I-865 entirely, it wouldn't be a problem. They probably wouldn't notice unless you become a public charge, they try to get the money from your husband, and they can't find him. But better to file it now, just to be safe.

AOS:

03-20-2009: Married in San Diego (wife: F-1 visa and Chinese citizen, husband: US citizen)

03-29-2009: USCIS received AOS packet

04-03-2009: NOA1 issued

04-23-2009: Biometrics appointment

05-20-2009: EAD received

06-08-2009: Interview, approved

07-06-2009: GC received

ROC:

03-09-2011: I-751 and supporting documentation mailed to CSC via first class mail

03-14-2011: I-751 delivered (5 days to go 55 miles!)

03-16-2011: Check cleared

03-18-2011: NOA received, one year GC extension

04-04-2011: Early biometrics in San Marcos, CA

05-12-2011: Card production ordered! (no email notification, though)

05-17-2011: Approval letter received (approval date 5/12)

We were in a similar situation. I sent my I-865 just before we sent our I-751, the I-751 was approved. Yes, use your actual move date for "effective date of change" and the current date for the signature. The most important thing is to not lie.

Honestly, I bet if you forgot the I-865 entirely, it wouldn't be a problem. They probably wouldn't notice unless you become a public charge, they try to get the money from your husband, and they can't find him. But better to file it now, just to be safe.

Thank you so much for your kind and prompt reply. We will send the form I-865 tomorrow as you said. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.