netguy

Check List K-1 PROOF of Evidence, Domicile-->

20 posts in this topic

I wanted to cover my bases for my Fiance in Canada. In her Packet 3 Checklist they asked for the

following and I want to confirm if its enough documents and if i should add anything else

1) INTENT to MARRY LETTER:

--------------------------

Since I'm the petitioner, I prepared a letter saying that I am legally able to marry

<beneficiary name> within 90 days of her arrival into the US via K1 visa. I hand signed my

name and hand printed my name as well. Its also attentioned to the consulate office in Montreal. She will

also take pictures of our Engagement that was done in December 2009 in Canada, A few Hallmark cards(valentine, thinking of you etc)...

Is this sufficient enough?

2) EVIDENCE of DOMICILE:

I made Copies of my Paid off Home Deed showing my name and address, Copies of Gas Bill, Electric Bill, Cable TV Bill.

3) AFFIDAVIT of SUPPORT:

I filled out Form I-134 that I'm Self-Employeed, making over poverty level, Business Name,

Copies of my Business Incorporation Forms, Business Address. I checked off that

I INTEND to.. and wrote that "We love each other and that I will Support my Fiance Fiancially

when she arrives into the USA, plus give her Room and Board."

4) EVIDENCE of SUPPORT:

Since I'm Self-Employeed, I made COPIES of my 2009 TAX Returns, APRIL's Personal Bank Statement

showing sufficient funds well above Poverty Level, Business Card, Some Check Stubs from my

Consulting Gigs for March and April of 2010.

Edited by netguy

Also she has with her the following:

1) Canada Travel Document

2) qty:2 Color 2x2 Passport Photos

3) Birth Certificate (Translated)

4) Police Certificate (From Canada)

5) All Vaccination Shots are current

6) Medical Exam is being scheduled soon.

I wanted to cover my bases for my Fiance in Canada. In her Packet 3 Checklist they asked for the

following and I want to confirm if its enough documents and if i should add anything else

1) INTENT to MARRY LETTER:

Since I'm the petitioner, I prepared a letter saying that I am legally able to marry

<beneficiary name> within 90 days of her arrival into the US via K1 visa. I hand signed my

name and hand printed my name as well. Its also attentioned to the consulate office in Montreal. She will

also take pictures of our Engagement that was done in December 2009 in Canada, A few Hallmark cards(valentine, thinking of you etc)...

2) EVIDENCE of DOMICILE:

I made Copies of my Paid off Home Deed showing my name and address, Copies of Gas Bill, Electric Bill, Cable TV Bill.

3) AFFIDAVIT of SUPPORT:

I filled out Form I-134 that I'm Self-Employeed, making over poverty level, Business Name,

Copies of my Business Incorporation Forms, Business Address. I checked off that

I INTEND to.. and wrote that "We love each other and that I will Support my Fiance Fiancially

when she arrives into the USA, plus give her Room and Board."

4) EVIDENCE of SUPPORT:

Since I'm Self-Employeed, I made COPIES of my 2009 TAX Returns, APRIL's Personal Bank Statement

showing sufficient funds well above Poverty Level, Business Card, Some Check Stubs from my

Consulting Gigs for March and April of 2010.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

YOu might want to think about TY 2008 and TY 2007, as well. 'Long Version' tax transcripts, free from the IRS, can be used in lieu of the actual returns.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I was curious about her Police Certificate request per Packet 3. Currently she resides in Canada, she obtained her Police Certificate from a RCMP service. However in her Packet 3 and if I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like they also want Police Records in other Countries where she resided for more then 1yr, i.e. prior to Canada she resided in Syria for 2yrs. Will the Montreal Consulate expect her to have a Police Certificate from Syria to present the Montreal Consulate or is Canadian Police Certificate sufficient enough. How can anyone obtain a Police Certificate from another country anyways?

Per Packet 3, here is what it says...I suppose it could be intepreted two ways...

----->>>

POLICE CERTIFICATES: Police certificates are required from (1) the police authority of your

present locality issued within one year of the date of your VISA interview, (2)the police authority of each locality, other than those in the U.S. where you resided for one year or more since

attaining the age of 16 which certificate covers the entire period of residence in the locality, and

(3) the police authority of any locality where you were arristed for any reason, regardless of how

long you lived in that locality. A police certificate is a certification by the appropriate police

authorities stating what their records show concenins the applicant, including any and all

arrests, the reasons therefore, and the disposition oie :er case of which there is a record,

Canada: Contact your local police service or the Royal Canadian Mounted police (RCMp)

regarding criminal record check procedures. Certiticates may be issued by any Canadian police

force so long as they note that CPIC or the national criminal records repository was searched

using your name and date of birth, Request the search include all names that you have used, including a maiden name, a name from a prevlous nrarrlage, or names prior to naturalization. In most cases a records check based on one's name alc date of birth is sufficient. In some cases, a records check based on fingerprints may be required. If you have a record of conviction in Canada, request a search based on full set of fingerprints.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes she needs a police certificate from syria.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Syrian embassy maybe? contacting the syrian government or a police station there. Not quite sure if they have a Syrian embassy but if they do they should be able to help, you could call and ask them. Maybe find the number on google. Not really sure how else tho just going off the top of my head really.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Thanks. i found a contact numbers for Embassey.

Syrian embassy maybe? contacting the syrian government or a police station there. Not quite sure if they have a Syrian embassy but if they do they should be able to help, you could call and ask them. Maybe find the number on google. Not really sure how else tho just going off the top of my head really.

It sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row. I might also suggest that you attend the interview with her, if possible. It would definitely make things more easier. Although, I'm re-reading it, and I'm not sure that you really need to have proof of domicile. I think that's more geared towards K-3/CR-1 applicants, but in the end it really doesn't hurt to be over prepared. :)

Good luck!

PS:

:time: ^^

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

I'm informed only the Applicant is Allowed in the Montreal Consulate and no one else. high security I suppose. However the Checklist shows that Evidence of Domicile and Evidence of Support are required documents per Packet3.

I really hope obtaining a Police Certificate from the Syria Embassy isn't a hassle or some run around.

It sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row. I might also suggest that you attend the interview with her, if possible. It would definitely make things more easier. Although, I'm re-reading it, and I'm not sure that you really need to have proof of domicile. I think that's more geared towards K-3/CR-1 applicants, but in the end it really doesn't hurt to be over prepared. :)

Good luck!

PS:

:time: ^^

Timeline

The montreal embassy is really small, theres not alot of room. When I was there ALL the seats were full and even some people were standing.. They prefer the beneficiary go alone, But someone was there for their CR-1 interview with their husband with them. He pretty much just sat in the waiting room the whole time tho..

What would happen if my Fiance only showed them just the Police Certificate from her current locality, can they deny her or will they ask her to get the others too?

The montreal embassy is really small, theres not alot of room. When I was there ALL the seats were full and even some people were standing.. They prefer the beneficiary go alone, But someone was there for their CR-1 interview with their husband with them. He pretty much just sat in the waiting room the whole time tho..

Timeline

They put her on hold and request all missing documents and you can sit an wait for weeks after they get them for the visa to be issued! which would be sucky to happen. Some people have waited 4+ weeks after they handed in evidence requests to get their visa. I wouldn't recomend not having it.. delay the visa and her getting there to be with you.

I'm informed only the Applicant is Allowed in the Montreal Consulate and no one else.

It says right in Packet 3 that the Canadian citizen is allowed to bring a US Citizen (obviously the fiance) to the interview. Not sure who told you otherwise, but you are allowed to go. I'm attending my fiance's interview with him on the 17th, and a fair number of those that frequent the Canada forum here on VJ also had their significant other in attendance.

As for domicile, I'm just going off what I've been told. Like I said, even if they never ask for it, it's better to be over prepared.

You should take a look around the Canada forum and search for Embassy reviews that the members have written. That will give you a more definitive idea of how things will go for you, as well as tips/ideas for the stay in Montreal.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

How does one obtain a Police Certificate from Syria when your living in Canada ? any help?

As it was posted earlier today - through a Syrian Embassy (according to the Schedule of Reciprocity under Police Records).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.