clueless_in_usa

If you have an accent

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I thought the familiar term was "Green Mountain Boys."

Yep, they are the ones that train the 10th Mountain Division. No kidding. Th 10th Mountain is based in New York but trains on Mt Mansfield in Vermont.

Per capita, Vermont contributes more men, both alive and dead, to every war effort since WW2 than any other state. Our Guard unit is top rated and the Air Guard has been selected to receive the new F-35 fighters. Oh, and we make GD mini-guns and vulcan cannons right here in Burlington across the street from the Chocolate Factory. AND anyone can carry a concealed handgun without a permit. Not bad for a "liberal state", eh?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

That's liberal without the "progressive" part attached.

While it may be respectable to be a Green Mountain "Boy" I heard the women are called "chipmunks." Not so nice, eh?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, they are the ones that train the 10th Mountain Division. No kidding. Th 10th Mountain is based in New York but trains on Mt Mansfield in Vermont.

Per capita, Vermont contributes more men, both alive and dead, to every war effort since WW2 than any other state. Our Guard unit is top rated and the Air Guard has been selected to receive the new F-35 fighters. Oh, and we make GD mini-guns and vulcan cannons right here in Burlington across the street from the Chocolate Factory. AND anyone can carry a concealed handgun without a permit. Not bad for a "liberal state", eh?

Aren't you the ones who gave us Howard Dean? You need to make a lot of mini guns to make up for that guy.

Timeline

That's liberal without the "progressive" part attached.

While it may be respectable to be a Green Mountain "Boy" I heard the women are called "chipmunks." Not so nice, eh?

Woodchucks. And it is not nice to woodchucks.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Aren't you the ones who gave us Howard Dean? You need to make a lot of mini guns to make up for that guy.

why? What did Howard Dean do to you? He was the mayor of Burlington and the Governor. He is one of the strongest supporters of the 2nd amendment, a hunter and conservationist and fisherman. He is a wild and crazy guy, but he never succeeded as President, so what? When he was governor he pissed off the Democrats and Progressives as often and as badly as the Republicans.

I am also none too thrilled with the politics of Bernie Sanders and Pat Leahy, but I can tell you from personal, repeated experience, that both of them do all they can for the people of our state and that is no fooling the truth. I am sure it helps that we have a little over 500,000 people in the state, so we don't make a decent sized city, but they are completely approachable. My wife and sons have met both of them personally and I am welcome in either of their offices anytime. And yes, I am plainly vocal that I do not agree with them on some issues, but how fortunate are we to have a Senator with the clout of Leahy in a tiny state like Vermont?

And we make ALL the mini-guns.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

why? What did Howard Dean do to you? He was the mayor of Burlington and the Governor. He is one of the strongest supporters of the 2nd amendment, a hunter and conservationist and fisherman. He is a wild and crazy guy, but he never succeeded as President, so what? When he was governor he pissed off the Democrats and Progressives as often and as badly as the Republicans.

I am also none too thrilled with the politics of Bernie Sanders and Pat Leahy, but I can tell you from personal, repeated experience, that both of them do all they can for the people of our state and that is no fooling the truth. I am sure it helps that we have a little over 500,000 people in the state, so we don't make a decent sized city, but they are completely approachable. My wife and sons have met both of them personally and I am welcome in either of their offices anytime. And yes, I am plainly vocal that I do not agree with them on some issues, but how fortunate are we to have a Senator with the clout of Leahy in a tiny state like Vermont?

And we make ALL the mini-guns.

Before he "went off the reservation" after losing an early primary, I actually liked him better than Kerry as a candidate. But since then he's gone even deeper into La-La Land, IMO. He shows up on MSNBC once in awhile, but I think he's had his 15 minutes of fame.

Timeline

Before he "went off the reservation" after losing an early primary, I actually liked him better than Kerry as a candidate. But since then he's gone even deeper into La-La Land, IMO. He shows up on MSNBC once in awhile, but I think he's had his 15 minutes of fame.

In my opinion he turned more liberal, or at least talks that way, after joining national politics. But yes, he has had his day in national politics. His style does not play well outside Vermont which is rather accepting, laid back and willing to take someone for what they are. And in Burlington more than the rest of the state it is so. Start screaming about your cause in Vermont and they say "WOW he is really into that" in the rest of the country they take you to be a bit off in the head.

You also cannot rule out the familiarity of people in Vermont and I do not think the rest of the country undestands that. We SEE the Mayor, our congressman, our Senators in daily life. We KNOW them, we talk to them. Seriously, Alla and the boys have been introduced to them, just go to their office and you can talk to them. Take your family for a walk at the lakefront park and you just may see Sanders or Leahy and their families. If you go to the State house and walk around inside, you will bump into the governor., Jim Douglas, Republican, 4 terms (Vermont has 2 year governor terms) His office door is directly into the main hall on the second floor and the door is open. Many people that voted for Dean went to him as their doctor, he IS a practicing physician. So when Dean starts screaming it is no shock to us, we have seen it before. It is Howard. When Bernie (he insists on being called "Bernie" by everyone) looks like the nutty professor, we just know it is Bernie. If he ever combed his hair we may not recognize him.

I do not agree with them on all, or even many, political matters, but when they negotiate a deal to save non-profit college education funding institutions, it means 400 jobs are saved in Vermont. It means someone you KNOW personally had their job saved. When they land a contractor like GD to make mini-guns, it means you KNOW someone that makes mini-guns. Their influence is felt directly and makes a direct impact on everyone's life.

Gary And Alla

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They should be put in jail they are breaking the LAW by circumventing immigration federal laws. The act of being in the U.S. with false, no documentation or thru non legal channels is ILLEGAL. It is not fair to the rest of us who have spent, time, money, absence of loved ones who have done everything legally to have a president or congress hand over citizenship to someone who broke the law. Those of us waiting for K-1 visas, conditional resident cards, permanant resident cards, citizenship naturalization after years of worry, waiting, money for someone to tell us we can or cannot be together and have someone cross a border, tax our system, and put this country in danger and nothing was ever GIVEN to us is that fairer than asking for identification from someone when they get pulled over for breaking the law YET ONCE AGAIN.

Nuff Said,

Me

:thumbs:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.