89 posts in this topic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Aaaah, so that explains the BS inconsistent (ever changing) story. His first mistake was bringing up mining. Companies I have about $xxx,xxx invested in.

Bragging about your imaginary money again I see. Well, The topic never was about mining but rather the shitty way your people treat the aborigines. But please feel free to point out any inconsistent parts of my end of the conversation. It is obvious that you are they types that see the aborigines as a hindrance to your riches.

Where is the top 10 list?

Go find the IMF document and read it.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Bragging about your imaginary money again I see. Well, The topic never was about mining but rather the shitty way your people treat the aborigines. But please feel free to point out any inconsistent parts of my end of the conversation. It is obvious that you are they types that see the aborigines as a hindrance to your riches.

You do realize you conquered the Indians, had numerous wars with them, and also had African slaves. Not to mention you segregated them. Aborigines were neither slaves nor fought.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Where is the list of the top 10 countries? Post the link.

What top ten list? The article talks about Australia, not some list. If you are asking about the US, it is ranked third.

Filed: Timeline

Where is the list of the top 10 countries? Post the link.

New IMF estimates of global output rank Australia the eighth-richest of 33 countries it classifies as forming the developed world.

It urged the government to consider ''reforms to entitlement spending, increases in consumption and fuel taxes, and elimination of distortions that lower private saving, foster leverage and boost investment in real estate.''[/font]

The text "reforms to entitlement spending, increases in consumption and fuel taxes, and elimination of distortions that lower private saving, foster leverage and boost investment in real estate" is found verbatim in this document -

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2010/01/pdf/text.pdf

Feel free to look for the list or the data that makes up the list. I haven't found it yet (doesn't mean it's not there).

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

You do realize you conquered the Indians, had numerous wars with them, and also had African slaves. Not to mention you segregated them. Aborigines were neither slaves nor fought.

Yes, we treated the Native Americans very badly. It is something that I very much wish my forefathers hadn't done. But we have tried to make things right by them. We have given them back at least some of their land and given them autonomy on that land. It doesn't make up for all the things we did but it is a start. As far as the blacks are concerned, well my direct ancestors didn't hold slaves and it will forever be a blot on our national past. But, I would say electing an African American to our presidency illustrates how far we have come as a nation in making things right with them. Now, tell me what your country has done to make things right with your aborigines? From everything I have read you are still taking children away from their families to "protect" them. They still live 20 years less than your white population. They are still second class citizens. And you say you didn't fight them? Well, I guess you could say that. Genocide and war are two different things.

Edited by JohnSmith2007

Yes, we treated the Native Americans very badly. It is something that I very much wish my forefathers hadn't done. But we have tried to make things right by them. We have given them back at least some of their land and given them autonomy on that land. It doesn't make up for all the things we did but it is a start. As far as the blacks are concerned, well my direct ancestors didn't hold slaves and it will forever be a blot on our national past. But, I would say electing an African American to our presidency illustrates how far we have come as a nation in making things right with them. Now, tell me what your country has done to make things right with your aborigines? From everything I have read you are still taking children away from their families to "protect" them. They still live 20 years less than your white population. They are still second class citizens. And you say you didn't fight them? Well, I guess you could say that. Genocide and war are two different things.

Yea, but it's ok because Australia is the best.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You don't want to go there as you well lose this discussion. This disingenuous attempt to use the Aborigines has been tried many times before by others and failed. I am not interested in playing the same game with someone else every few months.

However, I will summarize some points for you of what they are doing or done. Keep in mind the American Indians while you read this.

• Totally free health care
  • Free homes
  • Free Cars
  • Up to $20K tax free to complete masters or PhDs at top colleges - for free
  • Up to triple the welfare benefits of everyone else.
  • Many receive thousands per month (tax free) in loyalty checks from (here is the kicker) mining companies
  • hand vasts amounts of land back, that is now under their control. Meaning over 1,100,000 sq km.
  • Billions invested in programs - such as closing the gap - to increase life expectancy

The list goes on and on. It also explains why they are ranked 2nd in the world for Human Development, which is based on three dimensions: Life expectancy, Knowledge & education and Standard of living. Yes this international ranking does include Aborigines. In contrast, US is ranked 13th, Lesotho is ranked an alarming 156.

If you are going to shoot your mouth out about at something, at least have the courtesy to study it first.

Edited by Ali G.

Timeline

You don't want to go there as you well lose this discussion. This disingenuous attempt to use the Aborigines has been tried many times before by others and failed. I am not interested in playing the same game with someone else every few months.

However, I will summarize some points for you of what they are doing or done. Keep in mind the American Indians while you read this.

• Totally free health care
  • Free homes
  • Free Cars
  • Up to $20K tax free to complete masters or PhDs at top colleges - for free
  • Up to triple the welfare benefits of everyone else.
  • Many receive thousands per month (tax free) in loyalty checks from (here is the kicker) mining companies
  • hand vasts amounts of land back, that is now under their control. Meaning over 1,100,000 sq km.
  • Billions invested in programs - such as closing the gap - to increase life expectancy

The list goes on and on. It also explains why they are ranked 2nd in the world for Human Development, which is based on three dimensions: Life expectancy, Knowledge & education and Standard of living. Yes this international ranking does include Aborigines. In contrast, US is ranked 13th, Lesotho is ranked an alarming 156.

If you are going to shoot your mouth out about at something, at least have the courtesy to study it first.

Aboriginal poverty getting worse - Pilger

SINCE Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's formal apology to the stolen generations, Aboriginal poverty has gotten worse, the winner of the 2009 Sydney Peace Prize says.

Delivering his peace prize lecture at the Sydney Opera House tonight, journalist and filmmaker John Pilger spoke of "a war of legal attrition waged against black communities", and also criticised the government's handling of boatloads of asylum seekers arriving off the Australian coast.

Comparing the treatment of black Australians to apartheid South Africa, Mr Pilger said nothing had changed since Mr Rudd's historic apology in early 2008.

"Near the end of apartheid, black South Africans were being jailed at the rate of 851 per 100,000 of population," he said.

"Today, black Australians are being jailed at a national rate that is more than five times higher.

"Western Australia jails Aboriginal men at eight times the apartheid figure," he said.

Mr Pilger said the apology was well received by Australia's Aboriginal communities, however Aboriginal poverty had since become worse, while the Federal Government's program to build houses for Aborigines in the Northern Territory was "a grim joke".

"Instead, the Federal Government has threatened communities in the Northern Territory that if they don't hand over their precious freehold leases, they'll be denied the basic services that we, in white Australia, take for granted," he said.

Commenting on the Federal Government's handling of asylum seekers arriving by boat to Australian shores, Mr Pilger was critical of Mr Rudd's recent words: "Our job, and I make no apology for it, is to take a hardline approach in dealing with the challenge of illegal immigration."

"The use of the term 'illegal immigrants' is both false and cowardly," Mr Pilger said.

"The few people struggling to reach our shores are not illegal.

"International law is clear - they're legal.

"And yet Rudd, like Howard, sends the navy against them and runs what is effectively a concentration camp on Christmas Island ...

"The people in those leaking boats demonstrates the kind of guts Australians are said to admire."

Mr Pilger, 70, was given a standing ovation after his heavily attended 40-minute speech in the Concert Hall of the Sydney Opera House.

The age of the audience varied considerably, and included school children as well as those closer to Mr Pilger's age.

The Sydney Peace Prize is Australia's only international prize for peace.

It is awarded by the Sydney Peace Foundation, which is based at the University of Sydney.

Previous recipients include former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson, Indian author and human rights campaigner Arundhati Roy and last year the Aboriginal leader and "father of reconciliation" Patrick Dodson.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/aboriginal-poverty-getting-worse-pilger/story-e6frfku9-1225794863257