Ali G.

Australia 8th-richest nation: IMF

89 posts in this topic

The public schools generally have between 600 to 1000 students, and that's k 7 to 12. Last time I checked as I was challenged, Australia is ranked first in the world in terms of the education index.

Don't get me started on the clown azz parents here, with inner city being by far the worse. My favorite segment when watching the news is seeing a teenager arrested for something like a double homicide, yet the mother always and I means always claim their child "done no wrong and is a good boy". It's like, ###### he's ###### charged with homicide. :wacko:

I'm a high school teacher in a big city. My husband (from Pk) has visited many many times. He is absolutely horrified just getting caught in the hallways during a passing period. Today my son was walking to my room from after school tutoring and told me with saucer eyes: there is a boy in the hallway just on the floor bleeding. The janitor who was in my room (they carry walkie talkies) rushed out. On the way home my kid said: gosh, I wish I would not have seen that. I'm always off topic. Sorry.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admitt something, I never paid much attention to Australia before talking to you. Not much there that really caught my attention. But now that I did a few google searches it has really opened my eyes. There are two Australias. One white, one native. I wonder, those numbers you keep trumpeting about. The ones that show your country in 8th place. Do they take into account the abject poverty of your natives? I would guess they don't.

Actually it does. If they removed them from the stats, Australian would probably be close to first place. Then you probably also don't realize that 1/4 of Australia's population was born abroad; as in outside Australia.

Of course dude, you are American (5% of the world's population) and only 24% have passports; so the ignorance is understandable. One of my favorite discussions with some on here is actually having them accept that was is deemed as being cool and popular here, like hiphop, is not the case in most other countries. Heck, some even had a hard time accepting that.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

I'm a high school teacher in a big city. My husband (from Pk) has visited many many times. He is absolutely horrified just getting caught in the hallways during a passing period. Today my son was walking to my room from after school tutoring and told me with saucer eyes: there is a boy in the hallway just on the floor bleeding. The janitor who was in my room (they carry walkie talkies) rushed out. On the way home my kid said: gosh, I wish I would not have seen that. I'm always off topic. Sorry.

Wow that bad. I honestly don't know how you do the work. And it's not as if these bastards pay you guys well either. Teachers have become the punching bag for America's perils. Naturally, the parents get a free pass. Well until a teacher slips up (cracks) and does something, then all of a sudden they are concerned about their child.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Actually it does. If they removed them from the stats, Australian would probably be close to first place. Then you probably also don't realize that 1/4 of Australia's population was born abroad; as in outside Australia.

Of course dude, you are American (5% of the world's population) and only 24% have passports; so the ignorance is understandable. One of my favorite discussions with some on here is having them accept that was is deemed as being cool and popular here, like hiphop, is not the case in most other countries. Heck, some even had a hard time accepting that.

Ignorence? I have 23 countries stamped in my passport. How many have you got?

Be that as it may, your proud that your natives are so poor that without them you would be number 1? You must be so proud of yourselves.

Wow that bad. I honestly don't know how you do the work. And it's not as if these bastards pay you guys well either. Teachers have become the punching bag for America's perils. Naturally, the parents get a free pass. Well until a teacher slips up (cracks) and does something, then all of a sudden they are concerned about their child.

I really really like my job. I adore my subject, especially. But I'm a strong advocate for parental involvement. I have parent numbers stored on my cell and in email address book. It helps A LOT. I wish wish wish more teachers would just do that.

Ignorence? I have 23 countries stamped in my passport. How many have you got?

Be that as it may, your proud that your natives are so poor that without them you would be number 1? You must be so proud of yourselves.

You have 23 and you knew nothing about Australia. Riight. Based on your profile, you have to be from the Midwest. Excluding Chicago, probably the most oblivious to foreigners or other countries of them all. Do you guys even have African Americans up there? Could you guys even spot America on the map?

Dude, by your own admission you are a Repub. Hate to say it but Repubs don't travel; well not unless it has something to do with the military. Which is technically not travel at all, as many just stick to their base and couldn't care less to learn about another culture.

Edited by Ali G.

I really really like my job. I adore my subject, especially. But I'm a strong advocate for parental involvement. I have parent numbers stored on my cell and in email address book. It helps A LOT. I wish wish wish more teachers would just do that.

Which city are you based out of?

No doubt about it, that parents set the tone. I knew from young that my dad was commander and chief of the house, followed by my mum. My dad also made it clear that if I ever embarrassed him by being brought home by the police or had them knock on our door, I'd better flee the country. Learning or legitimately earning was the motto in my house; as is the case with numerous first generation foreigners.

Edited by Ali G.

DallasISD. LOL! My daughter graduated from the school where I teach. I told her the same thing: you better NOT embarass me. As a 9th grader we had talks about student behavior and her opinion (as a 9th grader) was these kids should have had/need butt whippings from their parents. But really. That's not enough when the parents are just as ....what's the pc words??? 90% of the time when a call or an email doesn't do and I have to have a kid removed until I see a parent in person when the parent shows up I see why the kid is like he or she is. And yes, I have had many look at me and say: what am I suppose to do? No JOKE. These parents were not instilling any kind of anything positive into these kids when they were younger so what can one do when they reach the teen years? I truly believe that the downfall of this great nation will be the tumbling of the base: the public schools. That is if something does not change. I thank goodness for the small fraction of good people (students and parents). But I'm frightened for this country because what I observe in the schools.

Timeline

You have 23 and you knew nothing about Australia. Riight. Based on your profile, you have to be from the Midwest. Excluding Chicago, probably the most oblivious to foreigners or other countries of them all. Do you guys even have African Americans up there? Could you guys even spot America on the map?

Dude, by your own admission you are a Repub. Hate to say it but Repubs don't travel; well not unless it has something to do with the military. Which is technically not travel at all, as many just stick to their base and couldn't care less to learn about another culture.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My God, how stupid can you be???? Repubs don't travel??? Brother, I work for a mine equipment manufacturing company. I travel the world. I have seen things and done things you can only dream of. Your ignorant "repubs don't travel" comment tells me all I need to know about you. Your as big a dumbazz as you appear to be.

Oh, BTW. My wife is black and from Africa. Dumbazz.

My God, how stupid can you be???? Repubs don't travel??? Brother, I work for a mine equipment manufacturing company. I travel the world. I have seen things and done things you can only dream of. Your ignorant "repubs don't travel" comment tells me all I need to know about you. Your as big a dumbazz as you appear to be.

LOL!!! That was funny. But I admit, I would have made the same assumption. Damn me. :blush:

DallasISD. LOL! My daughter graduated from the school where I teach. I told her the same thing: you better NOT embarass me. As a 9th grader we had talks about student behavior and her opinion (as a 9th grader) was these kids should have had/need butt whippings from their parents. But really. That's not enough when the parents are just as ....what's the pc words??? 90% of the time when a call or an email doesn't do and I have to have a kid removed until I see a parent in person when the parent shows up I see why the kid is like he or she is. And yes, I have had many look at me and say: what am I suppose to do? No JOKE. These parents were not instilling any kind of anything positive into these kids when they were younger so what can one do when they reach the teen years? I truly believe that the downfall of this great nation will be the tumbling of the base: the public schools. That is if something does not change. I thank goodness for the small fraction of good people (students and parents). But I'm frightened for this country because what I observe in the schools.

The one strategy that has proven successful in AUS is that each student is allocated x dollars. The parent is then free to send their kid to whatever school they choose, even a religious private one, and the money follows them. The end result of students who attend these schools speaks for itself; that is, better grades, a better learning environment and much less PC BS. Public schools over there have their issues but nothing along the lines of what many face here, particularly in inner-city areas. Metal detectors or surveillance cameras are unheard of, as there is no need. You think Dallas is bad, come teach here in DC. A school principal was recently murdered, with a good possibility that the murderer was one of their high school students.

I hear the same thing from teachers over here Northern VA, that the responsible and caring (normal) parent and student is the becoming the exception. Rest assured, while you don't have the crime in wealthier areas, you have much more demanding and often more unreasonable and idiotic parents. Parents who seem to assume that they should get private school benefits at a public school. Better yet, that their child is not only gifted but Gods gift to this earth; Furthermore, have instilled this pathetic and dangerous attitude into their child. You really have two extremes, with one just as bad as the other.

Edited by Ali G.

The one strategy that has proven successful in AUS is that each student is allocated x dollars. The parent is then free to send their kid to whatever school they choose, even a religious private one, and the money follows them. The end result of students who attend these schools speaks for itself; that is, better grades, a better learning environment and much less PC BS. Public schools over there have their issues but nothing along the lines of what many face here, particularly in inner-city areas. Metal detectors or surveillance cameras are unheard of, as there is no need. You think Dallas is bad, come teach here in DC. A school principal was recently murdered, with a good possibility of the murdered being one of their high school students.

The hear the same thing from teachers here, that the responsible and caring (normal) parent and student is the becoming the exception. Rest assured, while you don't have the crime in wealthier areas, you have much more demanding and often more unreasonable and idiotic parents. Parents who seem to assume that they should get private school benefits at a public school. Better yet, that their child is not only gifted but Gods gift to this earth, furthermore, have instilled this into their child. You really have two extremes, with one just as bad as the other.

Amen to that Ed Earl. What realy bugged my daughter and bugs my son now is the "I can't afford that" that = price of a lost book or a reduced AP exam fee or materials to do a project. And the ones who say that wear WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more expensive clothes than I will buy for my children or have ipods or iphones (this gets me because I want an iphone but with my budget....would be stupid to get). Oh and braces. Both my kids "need" braces. Not happening because of the cost but kids covered under medicare get it free. Both my kids are a little peeved about that. 2nd time I said this: I need to start a new thread.

I realize many many many people on this forum have NO IDEA

Edited by Shal

Yes captain obvious it was a deliberate broad-brushed generalization - AKA being facetious.

Now you just owned yourself pretty hard, considering that one of the best known countries for mining and resources in the world is Australia. Yet apparently you have barely heard of it. Actually, BHP (Australia) is the largest mining company in the world. Had you worked for a leader like Caterpillar, you would have definitely known that.

No kidding.. Lestho is in SA. Gezz for a second I thought it was next to Iowa.

Timeline

Yes captain obvious it was a deliberate broad-brushed generalization - AKA being facetious.

Now you just owned yourself pretty hard, considering that one of the best known countries for mining and resources in the world is Australia. Yet apparently you have barely heard of it. Actually, BHP (Australia) is the largest mining company in the world. Had you worked for a leader like Caterpillar, you would have definitely known that.

No kidding.. Lestho is in SA. Gezz for a second I thought it was next to Iowa.

Nice attempt at backpeddling. Doesn't cut it though. Most of my work is in S. Africa but I have been to Indonesia and China. Just because your pissant country has mines in it doesn't mean I had to have been there. Your a blow hard and an idiot. I am glad I realize that now so I can joyfully ignore you for the idiot you are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is best not to have kids, then you don't have to worry about this stuff.

people should think about what their kids will have to endure before bringing their life long projects into the world.

and yes, start another thread.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.