Sign in to follow this  
PhiLandShiR

Muslims Are Exempt (and More 'Obamacare' Myths)

17 posts in this topic

http://www.aolnews.com/healthcare/article/implanted-microchips-armed-irs-agents-and-other-health-care-myths/19447382

WASHINGTON (April 20) -- Prepare to have microchips implanted in your body. Unless you are a Muslim, in which case you are exempt. Everyone else -- you could soon have one of 16,500 armed IRS agents knocking at your door.

Those and other myths are still swirling around the health care law, according to a new report by the nonpartisan FactCheck.org. One month after President Barack Obama signed the legislation, the group said its inbox was full of messages asking whether claims made by some opponents of the legislation are true. In most cases, it said, they are not.

"We've seldom seen a piece of legislation so widely misrepresented, and misunderstood, as the new health care law," FactCheck said in an article headlined "More Malarkey About Health Care."

The group said some of the confusion was understandable given various versions of the bill considered by the House and Senate and the "awkward two-step legislative dance" that lawmakers went through before it finally passed March 21. Yet even now that the bill is law, "some opponents persist in making false or exaggerated claims about it," the organization said.

Among the fictions about the health care law being put forward, according to FactCheck:

It requires patients be implanted with microchips. This "rather paranoid claim," in FactCheck's words, stems from a proposed registry for certain medical devices. It had nothing to do with microchips but, even if it did, it isn't in the law.

It exempts Muslims from the requirement to obtain health insurance. Unlikely. FactCheck says the law was designed to exempt Old Order Amish. Rumors that other religious groups, specifically Muslims, would also be exempt are "likely overblown," though it says it is still checking. It noted that the Christian Science Church, which restricts health care use, has said it will not opt out of coverage.

It requires 16,500 armed IRS agents to enforce. This claim put forth by Republican lawmakers is "a fantasy," the group says. Contrary to what Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, has said, armed agents won't enforce the health care mandate because the law "specifically waives any criminal penalties for those who both decline to obtain insurance coverage and refuse to pay the tax enacted to penalize lack of coverage."

It gives President Obama a Nazi-like "private army." Not even close. Despite Internet rumors, the law sets up a new Ready Reserve Corps of doctors and other health workers who can be called up during public health emergencies.

It cuts benefits for military families and retirees. No. Contrary to a chain e-mail, the military's TRICARE program will not be affected.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

These fluorescent bulbs are fuсkin' useless.

I keep telling you to light more candles and what happened to the kerosene torches.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
128666039103547588.jpg

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I keep telling you to light more candles and what happened to the kerosene torches.

Torches have way to much smoke... If you must, use white gas, not kerosene...

Edited by PhiLandShiR

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

128666039103547588.jpg

:rofl:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

according to a new report by the nonpartisan FactCheck.org.

as useful as they are at times, they are hardly non-partisan and have 'bent the truth themselves plenty of times.

In regards to things they speak of here, they are pretty legit. Though it's hard to tell as between the almost 3,000 page original bill and then the revisions bill on top of that, it's easy for things to get skewed. We also know they're not done with it yet, so who knows what the hell is going to be in there.

As it is, we found out small businesses like my company is going to have to waste money building a maternity section.. or fire some employees to get under 50... which is BS.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

maternity section??? as in a room with a door??

as useful as they are at times, they are hardly non-partisan and have 'bent the truth themselves plenty of times.

In regards to things they speak of here, they are pretty legit. Though it's hard to tell as between the almost 3,000 page original bill and then the revisions bill on top of that, it's easy for things to get skewed. We also know they're not done with it yet, so who knows what the hell is going to be in there.

As it is, we found out small businesses like my company is going to have to waste money building a maternity section.. or fire some employees to get under 50... which is BS.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

What part of the bill mandates this?

What a bizarre claim. Business isn't required to provide medical facilities, and medical facilities aren't mandated to provide every service so it's rather bizarre altogether. Methinks Paul has been reading too many Dannologic posts and the effect is rubbing off on him ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
What a bizarre claim. Business isn't required to provide medical facilities, and medical facilities aren't mandated to provide every service so it's rather bizarre altogether. Methinks Paul has been reading too many Dannologic posts and the effect is rubbing off on him ;)

We actually have a RNP on site that we can go and see free of charge. Free flu shots, cholesterol screenings and other preventive services are all available to our staff. This actually saves the company (which is self-insured) a ton of money.

Maybe you do and maybe it does but I am quite sure it's not mandated in any law and I am quite sure that business with more than x employees are not mandated to provide maternity facilities in the new health care bill.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
Maybe you do and maybe it does but I am quite sure it's not mandated in any law and I am quite sure that business with more than x employees are not mandated to provide maternity facilities in the new health care bill.

Of course it's not mandated. It just makes good business sense. It saves the company money and that's why the services are there. And no, there are no maternity facilities on our campus nor do I expect any popping up as a result of the health care reform legislation. It's one of the silly claims with no root in reality that are being made in regards to the HRC legislation.