kenandakiko

my god im worriied!! please someone give me advice!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance went to her interveiw in manila.. she passed all except i forgot to send her my 2009 taxes. so they asked her to come back and bring the 2009 tax return.

she is about to go back to the embasy on thursday.

so here is my problem.

i had just finished school in 2009. i went to college to be a locksmith. i opened my own business on about may 2009. so i didnt get a full year of taxes. i earned $20,000 on my taxes.. but after deductions from starting my business up i earned about a $10,000 profit.

i decided to get a second job. so i started working at a second job in november 2009 and earned an addition $3000 from november to december 2009 on that tax return.

so between my newly started business and my new job i only got a partial taxes for 2009 year and i didnt get a full year of taxes.. im still employed at my second job and earn $350 a week. i provided proof of all this and sent it to my fiance.

i also own a house (no mortgage) valued at $185,000. i sent her the copy of the deed as well as state property tax paper showing i own the house.

i have bank accounts with about $10,000 in them.

i have my mom to co-sponsor for us.. but i heard manila doesnt allow co-sponsors.

so my question is. since i onlyh worked a partial year and 2009 and even though i earned $20,000 and only show a $10,000 profit. but i also have a second job. does it sound like to you guys she has a chance to pass the interview.

please help me .. im sooo worried me and her are so stressed and just need a bit of advice from you guys who have been through this before. thank you so much and godbless.

Edited by kenandakiko

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think you'll be fine with the house as asset, also cash as asset, when you show the 2009 return.

This can be troublesome, though, as it's the TOTALITY of the affadavit, and supporting docs, that will make the difference when it's adjudicated at the embassy.

If you have some time today, review the instructions and math on the I-864 form, and workup your income/cash/assets computations using THAT math, as that's what the VO in Manila will do.

re: co-sponser on I-134 for Manila - ya, mostly, that's true - but it is AT THE DISCRETION of the VO - so if yer Mum can get something prepped, suggest yer lass have it in hand, just in case. The VO will not ask for it - but yer lass will have to wait for 'sorry, this affadavit of support is not adequate', then slap Mum's down on the counter, state 'here is co-sponser'.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think you'll be fine with the house as asset, also cash as asset, when you show the 2009 return.

This can be troublesome, though, as it's the TOTALITY of the affadavit, and supporting docs, that will make the difference when it's adjudicated at the embassy.

If you have some time today, review the instructions and math on the I-864 form, and workup your income/cash/assets computations using THAT math, as that's what the VO in Manila will do.

re: co-sponser on I-134 for Manila - ya, mostly, that's true - but it is AT THE DISCRETION of the VO - so if yer Mum can get something prepped, suggest yer lass have it in hand, just in case. The VO will not ask for it - but yer lass will have to wait for 'sorry, this affadavit of support is not adequate', then slap Mum's down on the counter, state 'here is co-sponser'.

Good Luck !

Since you are primarily self employed, they are likely to consider your "income" as what shows on line 22 of the 2009 tax return. Owning a home free and clear will be a plus but how much of one is totally subjective. The $10,000 cash theoretically makes up for $3,333 in income shortfall but they don't always look at it that way.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. My fiancee just got her visa a couple days ago. But regarding the co-sponsor, what Darnell said is correct; its at the discretion of the CO. In my situation, I have no income as I'm in med school still. I had my mother co-sponsor Barbie. At the interview, the CO asked barbie a couple questions about my mother and her job. I did supply my mother's past 3 yrs of W2s and an employment letter from her job as further assurance that barbie would not be a public charge. Hope that eases some of your stress.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi. My fiancee just got her visa a couple days ago. But regarding the co-sponsor, what Darnell said is correct; its at the discretion of the CO. In my situation, I have no income as I'm in med school still. I had my mother co-sponsor Barbie. At the interview, the CO asked barbie a couple questions about my mother and her job. I did supply my mother's past 3 yrs of W2s and an employment letter from her job as further assurance that barbie would not be a public charge. Hope that eases some of your stress.

Consular officers can be pretty confident med students have bright enough futures to support a spouse. I'm not sure how that compares to locksmith school graduates but every report of a cosponsor being accepted in Manila is a plus.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.