Ajay330

Major Disaster!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Ok so my fiance's interview is this coming Thursday, so I filled out the support papers and got the necessary documents (tax returns, bank statements, etc..) and fedex'd it to her on Monday April 12th. Well what do ya know, the documents went to the London hub before being sent to South Africa and then I think everybody knows what happend next.. Yup, that's right.. Iceland's volcano erupted and all flights in Northern Europe have been cancelled for the last 5 days and nobody knows when they will resume! So in a mad scramble I scanned all the paperwork and emailed it to her so she could print them out and have atleast something for her interview. Does anybody know if this will work? Also, her police clearance still has not arrived. She sent the 1st request over a month ago but was lost in the mail as she did not get a courier service.. (YEA, I KNOW) She sent off the 2nd request March 31st and then contacted the Police Clearance people but they will not expedite the request because they feel an immigration interview is not important enough! I'm starting to pull my hair out. What should I do?

1/07/10 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

1/12/10 - NOA-1

1/15/10 - Touched

3/17/10 - Touched again!

3/17/10 - NOA2 yesssssssssssssssssssss

4/13/10 - Medical

4/22/10 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok so my fiance's interview is this coming Thursday, so I filled out the support papers and got the necessary documents (tax returns, bank statements, etc..) and fedex'd it to her on Monday April 12th. Well what do ya know, the documents went to the London hub before being sent to South Africa and then I think everybody knows what happend next.. Yup, that's right.. Iceland's volcano erupted and all flights in Northern Europe have been cancelled for the last 5 days and nobody knows when they will resume! So in a mad scramble I scanned all the paperwork and emailed it to her so she could print them out and have atleast something for her interview. Does anybody know if this will work? Also, her police clearance still has not arrived. She sent the 1st request over a month ago but was lost in the mail as she did not get a courier service.. (YEA, I KNOW) She sent off the 2nd request March 31st and then contacted the Police Clearance people but they will not expedite the request because they feel an immigration interview is not important enough! I'm starting to pull my hair out. What should I do?

Asking the Embassy to reschedule is the most responsible thing to do. You have two issues to overcome. You might go into the interview and come away with just a 221g to get those two documents or you could get a denial.

The Embassy might understand about the I-134 because of the volcano but then again, you are supposed to have all papers in hand before returning the chcklist and requesting an interview date.

As far as the Police Certificate, you do not have as good an excuse as a volcano.

I would ask for a postponement.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Asking the Embassy to reschedule is the most responsible thing to do. You have two issues to overcome. You might go into the interview and come away with just a 221g to get those two documents or you could get a denial.

The Embassy might understand about the I-134 because of the volcano but then again, you are supposed to have all papers in hand before returning the chcklist and requesting an interview date.

As far as the Police Certificate, you do not have as good an excuse as a volcano.

I would ask for a postponement.

Yea that's what I originally thought to do but we contacted the officer assigned to our case and he said that the interview can still be conducted without the police certificate. They will give a Yes/no answer to whether or not they will approve us for the visa but it will remain pending until the police certificate is submitted. So no big deal there i think. We are expecting it within a few weeks now.

The original support papers is what i'm most concerned about. I duplicated the package and resent it to her via email today and she will print it out tomorrow. I'm wondering if this will be ok?

Edited by Ajay330

1/07/10 - Mailed I-129F to VSC

1/12/10 - NOA-1

1/15/10 - Touched

3/17/10 - Touched again!

3/17/10 - NOA2 yesssssssssssssssssssss

4/13/10 - Medical

4/22/10 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yea that's what I originally thought to do but we contacted the officer assigned to our case and he said that the interview can still be conducted without the police certificate. They will give a Yes/no answer to whether or not they will approve us for the visa but it will remain pending until the police certificate is submitted. So no big deal there i think. We are expecting it within a few weeks now.

The original support papers is what i'm most concerned about. I duplicated the package and resent it to her via email today and she will print it out tomorrow. I'm wondering if this will be ok?

They will require an ORIGINAL signature on the I-134 as it is an Affidavit signed under penalty of perjury.

I have never heard of a scanned, faxed or emailed signature being acceptable on an I-134. Maybe yours will be the first.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have a few choices. You can reschedule the interview and get all your paperwork together before the next interview. Or she can attend the interview, not receive an approval but rather a request for missing documents which you will have to produce and then wait.

This volcano certainly messed things up but honestly, the consulate isn't going to give an approval with your missing information

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So, what did you decide to do?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

My SA police clearance was late (they sure do like to take their time!) and I was given a 221(g) for them. Submitted it once I got it.. and voila.. visa approved.

No need to panic or reschedule. it just means a longer wait on the back end of it all.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.