MeggyMo

Help with packet three

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just so you all know first off I am NOT the USC I AM the beneficiary.

So I am thinking you are going to be hearing a lot from me here since i just received packet three and am trying to do this all correctly.

Ok so my question is I am currently filling out the DS-230 Part 1 form so I can fax it off tomorrow. Now every line that asks questions about my fiance is calling him my spouse? He is not my spouse yet should I just disregard that and fill in his information there?

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey guys,

Just so you all know first off I am NOT the USC I AM the beneficiary.

So I am thinking you are going to be hearing a lot from me here since i just received packet three and am trying to do this all correctly.

Ok so my question is I am currently filling out the DS-230 Part 1 form so I can fax it off tomorrow. Now every line that asks questions about my fiance is calling him my spouse? He is not my spouse yet should I just disregard that and fill in his information there?

If you are talking about question 14, 15, 16, 17, No, you are a fiancee. The only way you can be a fiancee is if you are UNMARRIED in terms of an I-129F. You have no spouse, leave it blank or NONE.

See example form here

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-230.pdf

Naturalization N-400

Ok thank you!

Also the question that says state all residences you have lived at for at least six months since you were sixteen.

Now I moved around alot but was never in one place for longer than six months. Do i just completely leave those places out?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can maybe put in one line for "Various Addresses, never more than 6 months", to fill in the gap between more stable residences. Or just leave it blank. Either way, you'll be explaining it verbally to the immigration officer at your interview. You won't get in trouble for following the literal instructions and just skipping over the period of time when you moved around a lot, but IO's usually don't like to see gaps in chronological chart questions like this.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

You can maybe put in one line for "Various Addresses, never more than 6 months", to fill in the gap between more stable residences. Or just leave it blank. Either way, you'll be explaining it verbally to the immigration officer at your interview. You won't get in trouble for following the literal instructions and just skipping over the period of time when you moved around a lot, but IO's usually don't like to see gaps in chronological chart questions like this.

See that is exactly what I was thinking. I figured it might look bad not putting down anything.

Maybe I should just fill in every place i have lived since I was 16 even those that were not longer than six months. It wont be a bunch since I am only 21.

Sorry I have another question on this one.

It asks for all previous visits to the US.

Now I took a family vacation to LA quite a few years ago.

Do they mean the visits to see fiance or just every single time you have been to the states?

Disregard the last question

But also I am only faxing them Part 1 correct?

What happens with part 2?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Part Two is an Immigrant Visa Application. You're applying for a K-1, which is a non-immigrant visa. Instead of the DS-230 Part 2, you'll do the DS-156 and 156K, or the DS-160, depending on which consulate you're applying at. The DS-156 is the non-immigrant visa application, and the DS-156K is the Fiance visa specific extension to it.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Part Two is an Immigrant Visa Application. You're applying for a K-1, which is a non-immigrant visa. Instead of the DS-230 Part 2, you'll do the DS-156 and 156K, or the DS-160, depending on which consulate you're applying at. The DS-156 is the non-immigrant visa application, and the DS-156K is the Fiance visa specific extension to it.

Ok great thanks so much for all your help :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Disregard the last question

But also I am only faxing them Part 1 correct?

What happens with part 2?

Do the instructions for your Consulate say to Fax DS-230 Part 1. DS-230 Part 1 needs to be signed with an original signature for the Consular officer. It should not be faxed unless the consulate instructions are telling you to do so.

Naturalization N-400

it did say to fax it on the vancouver website so i guess i fax it. i thought that was odd as well

We were a totally differnt Country and Consulate but my fiancee faxed her DS-230 Part 1 as it was an option listed and much better than mailing (always worry about mailing in Vietnam :wacko: ). She included a cover letter with the fax with the case number and both her name, address, DOB as well as mine.

Also, we needed a copy for the interview so make sure you retain the original from your fax.

Not sure it all applies the same but some things to look out for.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do the instructions for your Consulate say to Fax DS-230 Part 1. DS-230 Part 1 needs to be signed with an original signature for the Consular officer. It should not be faxed unless the consulate instructions are telling you to do so.

Um...there is specific instructions on the DS-230 that say 'Do not write below the following line'.

It gets filled out and signed when you go for your interview. You sign it in front one of the consulate employees.

K-1 Timeline

Met: Feb 17, 2009

Engaged: Jan 4, 2010

I-129 Package Sent: Jan 4, 2010

NOA1 Recieved: Jan 11, 2010

NOA2 Approved:Mar 30, 2010 (79 days)

NVC Case Number Recieved: April 9, 2010

Embassy/Consulate(Vancouver) Recieved: April 6, 2010!! (DOS is soo much faster)

Packet 3 Recieved: April 19, 2010

Packet 4 Recieved: April 22, 2010

Interview Date: June 3rd, 2010

POE: Peace Arch (BC/Wash) June 8,2010 (complete in 20 mins)

Wedding: Aug 7, 2010

AOS Timeline

AOS Packet, EAD, AP Documents sent: September 3, 2010

AOS NOA 1: September 13, 2010

AOS transfered to CSC: October 14, 2010 (I hope thats a good thing time-wise)

Realized I'm missing my Biometrics Appointment Letter: October 25, 2010

Called USCIS to advise of above: October 26, 2010

Waiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.