ashenflowers

Prescriptions of the 'Ladies Only' kind... ifyouknowwhatimean

94 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is why i think depo-provera is a no no or at least from experience.

Warnings

1. Loss of Bone Mineral Density

Use of Depo-Provera CI reduces serum estrogen levels and is associated with significant loss of bone mineral density (BMD) as bone metabolism accommodates to a lower estrogen level. This loss of BMD is of particular concern during adolescence and early adulthood, a critical period of bone accretion. younger women will reduce peak bone mass and increase the risk for osteoporotic fracture in later life. In both adults and adolescents, the decrease in BMD appears to be at least partially reversible after Depo-Provera CI is discontinued and ovarian estrogen production increases. A study to assess the reversibility of loss of BMD in adolescents is ongoing.

4. Thromboembolic Disorders

The physician should be alert to the earliest manifestations of thrombotic disorders (thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism, cerebrovascular disorders, and retinal thrombosis). Should any of these occur or be suspected, the drug should not be readministered.

5. Ocular Disorders

Medication should not be readministered pending examination if there is a sudden partial or complete loss of vision or if there is a sudden onset of proptosis, diplopia, or migraine. If examination reveals papilledema or retinal vascular lesions, medication should not be readministered.

I would like to keep both my body, and eye sight hehe lol...

Having sex without getting pregnant you say, well... easy for some, hard for others. Different people use different methods, some people use nature and its wonderful ways, some people just risk the odds and don't worry. The odd few use every possible protection to man kind. Personally I am on the nature will do its own thing right now. If it happens it happens if it don't then screw it.

Most my friends had children by the time they were 16, some had 2 by that time. Two are still with the father. Two don't see the fathers. Except my best friend we somehow conceived around the same time while being "on the outs for almost a year", we actually didn't know either one was pregnant till i found Chinese food in the hospital fridge, and found her three doors down, we had our children 2 days apart. Great story lol

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My doctor suggested Nuvaring - she prefers it because it does not need to be metabolized by your liver, etc., like the pill does. Also very convenient - you put it in, leave it 3 weeks, then take it out for one week, then start with a new ring. Does not seem to interfere with the sex. :P

Crossing fingers it's available in the States when I get down there, although hopefully won't be needing it for too much longer. ;)

Edited by birdnerd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My doctor suggested Nuvaring - she prefers it because it does not need to be metabolized by your liver, etc., like the pill does. Also very convenient - you put it in, leave it 3 weeks, then take it out for one week, then start with a new ring. Does not seem to interfere with the sex. :P

Crossing fingers it's available in the States when I get down there, although hopefully won't be needing it for too much longer. ;)

I think its available in the States...

Isn't Nuvaring the one with that weird commercial of the women jumping in the pool one by one to try & show how annoying taking a pill everyday is? (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc..)?

Someone else here said it...BC commercials are odd sometimes.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

There is also a drug called depo prevera that has been on the market for years, for that you only need an injection once very 3 months - and yet that is not really in common use either - with just cause I might add.

This is what I'm currently using after the birth of my second baby. I've been on it for about a year now but still am not sure about it. The convience is great that you only have to get a shot ever 3 months and no periods other than an occasional light break thru bleeding. It is supposely know for weight gain in women. I'm currently carry around an extra 15-20 lbs that I can't seem to shake as easily as I use to but don't know if it is the Depo to blame or just getting older and the metabolism slowing down. Other than that I have not experience any immediate side affects. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to contiune on with it. Seems like there is a lot of women in my area that use it over pills around here.

Good grief, who knew it could be so hard to get contraception in a 1st world county. No wonder there are so many teen pregnancies (not that the UK is much better). In the UK you get a 6 month supply anyway so I might see if they'll give me a 9 month - 1 year supply before I leave. I think I saw them once when I came over to get a first script and now I just call up and ask for a repeat. Why do they like to make everything so difficult over there?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is what I'm currently using after the birth of my second baby. I've been on it for about a year now but still am not sure about it. The convience is great that you only have to get a shot ever 3 months and no periods other than an occasional light break thru bleeding. It is supposely know for weight gain in women. I'm currently carry around an extra 15-20 lbs that I can't seem to shake as easily as I use to but don't know if it is the Depo to blame or just getting older and the metabolism slowing down. Other than that I have not experience any immediate side affects. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to contiune on with it. Seems like there is a lot of women in my area that use it over pills around here.

There are a lot of forums on this method - thousands, just google depo provera side effects. I believe generally most people don't have a lot of side effects until they stop taking it (aside from the weight gain and mood swings).

Good grief, who knew it could be so hard to get contraception in a 1st world county. No wonder there are so many teen pregnancies (not that the UK is much better). In the UK you get a 6 month supply anyway so I might see if they'll give me a 9 month - 1 year supply before I leave. I think I saw them once when I came over to get a first script and now I just call up and ask for a repeat. Why do they like to make everything so difficult over there?!

Probably because there is still a sub-culture of powerful people in the U.S. that equates the availability of birth control with enabling / encouraging sexual promiscuity. Remember that Catholicism, as well as many other religions (Christian and otherwise) have a major problem with sex for pleasure, as opposed to sex purely for conception's sake. Unfortunately those sentiments seep into governmental policies and are hard to extract.

There is a basic validity to some of those concerns, but nothing that can't be corrected with a bit of childhood sex education and good parenting. In my opinion, of course (but an opinion I think is pretty darn near fact, if I may say so without sounding dogmatic...)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Timeline

Having sex without getting pregnant. Discuss.

Wyatt- :rofl:

Though it is possible..;)

Birdnerd-Ahh..I almost forgot about that option too...Nuvaring...

Though doesn't it seem kind of inconvenient to put something in, and then to take it out every so often? :unsure:

And yes, it is available here in the USA.....

Isn't Nuvaring the one with that weird commercial of the women jumping in the pool one by one to try & show how annoying taking a pill everyday is? (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc..)?

Someone else here said it...BC commercials are odd sometimes.

CDAgirlMI-Yeah, I was the one that said BC commercials are odd....:lol:...And that was the commercial I was thinking about actually...the one with the ladies in the pool...

Really, that doesn't say birth control to me...Weird.... :wacko:

(lol..though if you want to sell yellow swimsuits...that commerical would work...:lol:...)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Really, that doesn't say birth control to me...Weird.... :wacko:

(lol..though if you want to sell yellow swimsuits...that commerical would work...:lol:...)

Ant

Really..lol, if anyone was silly enough to try and sell ugly yellow swimsuits!!! I do hate that commercial though, the stupid jingle gets stuck in my head. I was at work the other day humming it without realising it. Then a customer came and and said "isnt that the birth control tune?" :bonk:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Probably because there is still a sub-culture of powerful people in the U.S. that equates the availability of birth control with enabling / encouraging sexual promiscuity. Remember that Catholicism, as well as many other religions (Christian and otherwise) have a major problem with sex for pleasure, as opposed to sex purely for conception's sake. Unfortunately those sentiments seep into governmental policies and are hard to extract.

There is a basic validity to some of those concerns, but nothing that can't be corrected with a bit of childhood sex education and good parenting. In my opinion, of course (but an opinion I think is pretty darn near fact, if I may say so without sounding dogmatic...)

Everyone-Why things are difficult here...

Yes, as Wyatt pointed out, it has to do with the conservative stance from those individuals who don't believe in birth control...

For example, look at the 'Abstinence Only' curriculum that is being taught is some high schools...

Is it working...Heck no....Some teens are still going to be pregnant and having kids of their own, regardless....

Sad really, that they don't teach ALL options.....And yes, birth control is an option that should be considered too...

When are they going to realize that this issue is not going to go away, by simply just ignoring it?

Sigh.....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Really..lol, if anyone was silly enough to try and sell ugly yellow swimsuits!!! I do hate that commercial though, the stupid jingle gets stuck in my head. I was at work the other day humming it without realising it. Then a customer came and and said "isnt that the birth control tune?" :bonk:

Coral-:rofl:....Well at least it does a better job of selling suits than birth control...lol...

As for the tune...Yeah, it's catchy.....Sunday, Monday, Tuesday....lalala... :whistle: (oh gee, now you got me singing it too)....lol..about the customer incident at your workplace...yikes..how embarassing....

Really....they need a better way of selling birth control..Just a thought.. :whistle:

Ant

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I found the Nuvaring more expensive than the pill -- and you also need to store it in the refrigerator to keep it inactive when not in used :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

I found the Nuvaring more expensive than the pill -- and you also need to store it in the refrigerator to keep it inactive when not in used :)

LOL!! Im not sure my ultra squeamish hubby would be happy with my birthcontrol in the fridge. :blush:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL!! Im not sure my ultra squeamish hubby would be happy with my birthcontrol in the fridge. :blush:

Hence why I never tried it. Imagine my kid sister going through the fridge at midnight and then finding... the ring???? :blush:

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:rofl: @ some of the replies on here!

Quick question, I know that some have said about IUD's lasting for three years, I currently have the Mirena IUD fitted (excellent, fantastic, love it!) it lasts for five years as a hormone IUD and then a further five years as a "regular" IUD....

Does anyone know if this is available in the US and how much it costs?

I don't have it fitted as BC as my fiancé has had the big V :whistle: but I used to get very heavy and painful monthly's and the Mirena stops them completely (Bliss!)

The insertion can be painful if your cervix goes into spasm - mine did - but with an understanding doctor, the pain can be minimised (for those who have asked about insertion and pain)

So errm yeah, after that little insight into my lady bits :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone have an answer for me?

"There's this idea called the soul mate principle. It says that every person has one soul mate out there, just one. And that person is perfect for you and is your destiny. The problem being that almost nobody ever finds their soul mate, just because of distance. So most people go through their whole lives feeling not complete"

Facebook

USA-01-june.gifDarryl & Kate UK-06-june.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.