ashenflowers

Prescriptions of the 'Ladies Only' kind... ifyouknowwhatimean

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

As far as IUD's go, for you gals who have had them put in, whats the procedure like? For some reason I have this idea that it's a rather uncomfortable and painful thing... I guess I don't see how having something shoved up into your Uterus won't hurt :lol: It's probably not something I'd seriously want right now, but after we decide to have a baby sometime in the next few years, it might be a good alternative to going back on the pill.

Good question, Huggles! :thumbs:

Actually, I wondered about the same thing too....(but Huggles brought up the topic to ask about first..lol...)

So, what is it like?...To those of you who have been through it..

(lol..no need to get graphic about it, just explain it in a simple way...Thanks....)

Are there any side effects/complications to such too?

Seriously...This is something to consider, as an alternative to the pill....

Surely it can't be as painful as childbirth? :lol: (lol..been there, done that....ouch...that was pain....)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought IUDs were best for women who have already had a child/children.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought IUDs were best for women who have already had a child/children.

Yeah, I've heard that too, which is why I was thinking it would be a good option in my eventual post baby life. Say... 3-6 years down the road? Ideally.

Everyone....

Ok..I know this is a bit off-topic...

But I can't help but think that those tv comercials, magazine ads, etc...for birth control are so corny! :lol:

Really, are ads like this really effective for selling birth control, or are they amusing for entertainment purposes?....

Discuss.....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Really? Hmmm..I wonder why that is the case?...

Guess they don't want to hinder the chances for those who haven't had children yet.... :unsure:

Ant

My cousin got married when she was 18, and they had their first child pretty much exactly 9 months later (hummmmm right? :P) But anyways, only a few short months after they had their first child, she found out she was pregnant with number two. So, he went and had the procedure done at 20 years old. Well, unfortunately like a lot of young marriages, it ended. He tried to go get it reversed but it didn't work. That was a pretty pointless story but I've always found it oddly interesting!

As far as IUD's go, for you gals who have had them put in, whats the procedure like? For some reason I have this idea that it's a rather uncomfortable and painful thing... I guess I don't see how having something shoved up into your Uterus won't hurt :lol: It's probably not something I'd seriously want right now, but after we decide to have a baby sometime in the next few years, it might be a good alternative to going back on the pill.

Wow!! That's pretty young to have that kind of surgery done!

Ummm I've never done the IUD thing, because my sister got pregnant when she was using it. And of course she miscarried. It was very painful for her, and ummmm the IUD was thru the baby... :(

That scared me enough to never want to use it myself. It was just one of those freaky things, but I wasn't going to take the chance of that happening to me.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Ummm I've never done the IUD thing, because my sister got pregnant when she was using it. And of course she miscarried. It was very painful for her, and ummmm the IUD was thru the baby... :(

That scared me enough to never want to use it myself. It was just one of those freaky things, but I wasn't going to take the chance of that happening to me.

TimandJoyce...Wow... :o I'm sorry to hear about your sister's loss and the pain that she had to go through.....

Sigh, it's too bad that they didn't catch it earlier to prevent this...

Did they ever take that IUD out of her, after this happened?

Hope that all is ok with here, despite this happening....

Yet it is one of those 'side effects' that isn't mentioned, sad really.....

Definitely understandable there, for you not wanting to go through such either....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

uh... WOW.... :blink: So I only now had a chance to get on VJ just now, and was NOT expecting so many responses on this thread... haha! That was... interesting. I knew most of the information about birth control/condoms/other methods already, as I've researched it quite a bit, but I certainly learned alot about all of YOU... bwah haha... ;) I'm glad you guys had fun with that. lol

I am on Evra, the patch version of BC, and I like it. I didn't like taking pills. The patch is only once a week, instead of daily, and I've been on it for a couple of years, with no incidents or problems (besides a bit of slight side effects like some increased depression and severe cramps, but not bad really). I went off of it for a few months last year when the hubby and I were long distance (so I knew I wasn't getting any.. har har), just to see what would happen to my body and give it a break. I didn't notice anything significant though, so went back on it. I have quite regular cycles (within a day or two), so that's good. I'm actually surprised no one else mentioned the patch yet. It doesn't seem to be a common method of BC, for whatever reason.

My ex-roommate's sister is a big advocate for the natural family planning (and yes, I meant the billings method), and we had a lengthy discussion about it one night. She had 6 kids though... LOL, mind you they are PLANNED... so I guess it works. hahah

Anyway... Joyce, that IUD story is so frightening and heartbreaking. I'm sorry to hear that :(

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There seems to be a lot of controversy about the patch, or at the very least increased warnings? "Women who use the Ortho Evra patch receive a dose of estrogen that is 60% higher than that of birth control pills" source

There is also a drug called depo prevera that has been on the market for years, for that you only need an injection once very 3 months - and yet that is not really in common use either - with just cause I might add.

Anyway, I am absolutely NOT one to fear monger and to each his own! But just be careful :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My cousin got married when she was 18, and they had their first child pretty much exactly 9 months later (hummmmm right? :P)

My mom joked more than once that "hey, the first one doesn't always take 9 months" -- sometimes it arrives sooner. :P

(and no, for the record, my folks were married a few weeks short of 3 years before I was born. :-P)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

There seems to be a lot of controversy about the patch, or at the very least increased warnings? "Women who use the Ortho Evra patch receive a dose of estrogen that is 60% higher than that of birth control pills" source

There is also a drug called depo prevera that has been on the market for years, for that you only need an injection once very 3 months - and yet that is not really in common use either - with just cause I might add.

Anyway, I am absolutely NOT one to fear monger and to each his own! But just be careful :)

yeah there was a warning sent out with my most recent visit (just over a year ago) to the clinic. I was just like 'meh'. lol I shouldn't be 'meh' about it of course, but I'm still o ne of those 'oh it won't happen to me' people. But... That is part of the reasons why I went off it for a few months, just to see if I noticed any differences to myself, but since I didn't notice anything I didn't think anything further on it. That's definitely worth noting though to anyone considering other methods. Thanks for mentioning it :)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

My sister in law, I swear, got married because she got pregnant. They married about 7 months before they had their kid.

I mean, why else would you announce an engagement, get married a month later then announce a pregnancy a month after that? :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

My sister in law, I swear, got married because she got pregnant. They married about 7 months before they had their kid.

I mean, why else would you announce an engagement, get married a month later then announce a pregnancy a month after that? :lol:

:lol: Suspicious!

That reminds me, a few years ago we celebrated my aunt and uncle's 50 wedding anniversary in Sept. The following April we celebrated my cousin's 50th birthday. I did the math and was like heeeeey...... LOL She was only 16 when they got married too. I feel like there's an interesting story in my family's past that no one told me. :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

My cousin was "premature"....Ive seen her newborn hospital photos... 7lbs and 9oz doesnt really strike me as premature. But my Aunt and Uncle have stuck by that story for 26 years. Theres was also a "whirlwind romance". ;)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

*shrug*

My mother was pregnant with me when she and my father were married. The wedding was in February, I arrived in August.

There's no particular stigma in this day and age about such a thing...or even being a "#######". It's funny though...my grandfather was apparently devastated when he found out his parents were never actually married. He only learned it when he was in his fifties, not long before he died. It's amazing for me to think that something like that could have a serious effect on a person...

Okay, back on topic.

Having sex without getting pregnant. Discuss.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.