ashenflowers

Prescriptions of the 'Ladies Only' kind... ifyouknowwhatimean

94 posts in this topic

:rofl:

Wow..the things you learn on VJ!!

Ummmm

Ashen..I think you have a lot of information now..

...and maybe even some you weren't looking for!! :lol:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Ashen..I think you have a lot of information now..

...and maybe even some you weren't looking for!! :lol:

I have to say though.. from a womans standpoint.. Kudo's to Wyatts Torch for venturing into a very scary discussion for men to be involved with!!!

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I am going to step in and recommend an IUD as well for those who are looking for an alternative to the pill. When I turned 35 I could not safely be on the pill anymore so switched to an IUD. I used IUDs for 10 years, then figured since it was getting later in life and any pregnancy would be a high risk one for multiple reasons, I realized my child bearing years had passed even though I was till motherhood material - so I had a tubal ligation. I also recommend that course if you know for sure you want no more children especially if your partner won't get a vasectomy.

For those who need a prescription renewal for birth control pills and don't have health insurance yet, then yes, go to planned parenthood and they will be able to help.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

That is an awesome response!! I didnt even think of that. He is afraid they are going to "break it". He is so silly with this sort of thing.

I have an appointment for an IUD though, its $250 here, but at least I dont have to worry about BC again for 3 years.

It's kind of neat how they do it now (at least my husband's Dr did it this way)... they have a no scalpel procedure where the skin is just sort of split with a tiny enough hole (think laproscopic surgery size opening) to fit the 'snipping' tools through. My husband called me on the way home and said he felt pretty good that day.

He did have a rare side effect where there was some internal bleeding that filled the area and it became hard inside...but after 1-2 months it disipated and the body absorbed it. Rare, not the end of the world and certainly worth it for us in the end. Did I mention CARE FREE ? :whistle:

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny story--well not if ur a guy,lol. My cousins husband went in a few yrs back to get snipped after their 3rd child was born! Procedure took place right at the DR office. DR told him that he may feel some "discomfort" during the procedure. So the DR (so he thought) freezed the one side and snips snips! Guess he wasn't paying attention to the patients face as he was grimacing in pain!!! DR then freezes the 2nd side and NO PROBLEMS!!!! Patient asks when he was going to snip snip the 2nd side, and DR stated the procedure was complete!! lol Turns out the Freezing on the first side didn't happen,lol so he was in extreme pain, but didn't want to say anything,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny story--well not if ur a guy,lol. My cousins husband went in a few yrs back to get snipped after their 3rd child was born! Procedure took place right at the DR office. DR told him that he may feel some "discomfort" during the procedure. So the DR (so he thought) freezed the one side and snips snips! Guess he wasn't paying attention to the patients face as he was grimacing in pain!!! DR then freezes the 2nd side and NO PROBLEMS!!!! Patient asks when he was going to snip snip the 2nd side, and DR stated the procedure was complete!! lol Turns out the Freezing on the first side didn't happen,lol so he was in extreme pain, but didn't want to say anything,lol

*WINCE....*

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Oh yes, he was in sooo much pain! The Dr was like, why didn't you say anything??? He didn't want to be a wuss and just expected it to hurt,as he has never had any other type of surgery,so had no idea how painless it should have been!! lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

The poor guy! That sounds horrible!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I believe, depending it was done, it can be reversed. One could google the answer,lol,but hockey is on, 4-4 caps/Mtl!

Usually they are reversable. Sometimes they arent. I think there is like an 88% chance that they can reverse it. However there are options if they cant. It just means invitro, they get a syringe and retrieve the sperm from the mans testes, and then fertilize some of the womans eggs with it, and then implant them in the uterus. It can be expensive, and the risks of multiples are high.

@Flames....OMG Im not a guy and I was wincing in pain reading that...ouchers!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Other Timeline

:rofl:....Ouch!!!

Malpractice suit in the making...... :whistle:

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Nah, just its stupidity in not saying something,lol

:o ow!

*said quite loud*

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

My cousin got married when she was 18, and they had their first child pretty much exactly 9 months later (hummmmm right? :P) But anyways, only a few short months after they had their first child, she found out she was pregnant with number two. So, he went and had the procedure done at 20 years old. Well, unfortunately like a lot of young marriages, it ended. He tried to go get it reversed but it didn't work. That was a pretty pointless story but I've always found it oddly interesting!

As far as IUD's go, for you gals who have had them put in, whats the procedure like? For some reason I have this idea that it's a rather uncomfortable and painful thing... I guess I don't see how having something shoved up into your Uterus won't hurt :lol: It's probably not something I'd seriously want right now, but after we decide to have a baby sometime in the next few years, it might be a good alternative to going back on the pill.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.