PaulAbby

Annulment papers at medical

13 posts in this topic

Hi, my fiance has been asked to produce the actual court hearing decision from her annulement when she was taking her medical at St Lukes today. This seems strange that they require this during the medical. Is this a requirement? We do have the other court documents (marriage licence with annulment on the side, Finaility of Annulment). Do they ask for this at the interview?

Hi, my fiance has been asked to produce the actual court hearing decision from her annulement when she was taking her medical at St Lukes today. This seems strange that they require this during the medical. Is this a requirement? We do have the other court documents (marriage licence with annulment on the side, Finaility of Annulment). Do they ask for this at the interview?

your fiancee should ask them why they're asking for it before complying.

it is indeed strange that st' luke's asked for that. they don't have a need for it, and even at the interview only the finality of annulment is required.

the only thing they do pass to the embassy the 2photos and the passport w/the medical results, unless there's a new policy now regardng other docs. :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

AS you can see you never know what they will ask for at St. Lukes, CFO or at USEM.

BEST to have everything.

I've even seen the nuns at CFO ask for a "certificate of singleness" for the petitioner.

This happens in Cebu "sometimes".

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Yeah exactly...I know when Mhay went to her seminar yesterday at PRISM they asked for my divorce decree even though we have an approved petition and a NBI marriage certificate. Mhay said that PRISM asked for more stuff than the embassy did. I will have a full report from Mhay today hopefully...she was tired yesterday and it was late at night for me when she got back.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just had my medical exam at St. Luke's last April 13. I was at the final step (releasing) when it was noticed I have an annulled marriage. I was then recommended for Pscye Evaluation (with a fee of P1,000.00). If the beneficiary of K1 has an annulled marriage, she/he should bring all the annulment papers, original and photocopy as these will be asked by a Psychiatric doctor who will do the evaluation. It does sound strange that I was asked for the annulment thing, but then it is their SOP now. I told the staff who attended me that they should put this on their guidelines so that people are aware of it and can prepare for it (budget and delays).

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

This is an interesting thread. I learned something new about St. Lukes.

Also, after my wife attended the CFO at PRISM, she told me that some of the attendees did not have some of the documents or photos that were asked of them. It seems that they passed anyway.

Timeline

This is an interesting thread. I learned something new about St. Lukes.

Also, after my wife attended the CFO at PRISM, she told me that some of the attendees did not have some of the documents or photos that were asked of them. It seems that they passed anyway.

Talking about CFO seminar at PRISM, some of us called our respective fiance/fiancee at the wee hours in US because of: in my case, the maiden name of my fiance's mother, who has been dead for several years :o. They want me to put it in the form. Otherwise, they will not give me the certificate. Another person was to ask the reason for his fiancee's divorce (yes, he is the beneficiary). Another was for the contact number of relatives in US. Oh well...But the people handling the seminar were approachable and accommodating unlike what I have read from their counterpart in Cebu. The seminar is only for two hours. No appointment needed. They have 3 sessions in one day (10:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM). Just choose the most convenient time for you and don't forget to bring an ID and birth certificate with their photocopies and of course the P250.00 registration fee.

By the way, I think it would help those who will have the CFO seminar in the future. The PRISM office is at the 2nd floor of BDO building in front of De La Salle University in Taft Avenue. Me and a friend had a hard time locating it, because Taft Avenue is a looooong street and there are several BDOs along it.

Timeline

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

Timeline

They change rules time to time.

Yes, but they should inform the clients too, for us to prepare for budget and more waiting time. Psyche Evaluation is P1,000.00. Another fee will be asked for Psyche Tests, which I was told is P3,000.00. Include also the hotel stay, meal allowance and round trip plane fare and or bus fare, if you are from the province (just to get the results and the battery of tests)...

Timeline

Yes, but they should inform the clients too, for us to prepare for budget and more waiting time. Psyche Evaluation is P1,000.00. Another fee will be asked for Psyche Tests, which I was told is P3,000.00. Include also the hotel stay, meal allowance and round trip plane fare and or bus fare, if you are from the province (just to get the results and the battery of tests)...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

nice posts ate lyna!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

pls. don't forget to inform us what happened ha... thank u po!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My previous marriage was also annulled and I took a certified copy of the court decision during the medical exams. I think the reason that St Luke's requires the applicant to present the court decision is for them to know the grounds of the annulment. One of the most common grounds is psychological incapacity. St Lukes is interested if the applicant was declared psychologically incapacitated, in which case she will be required to undergo psychological evaluation to be conducted by an accredited psychiatrist of St Luke. The medical examination conducted by St Luke's covers physical, mental and psychological condition of the applicant. Thus, once the applicant is declared psychologically incapacitated in the annulment order, then, it is imperative for St Luke's to evaluate the psychological condition of the applicant.However, if your fiancee was not declared psychologically incapacitated then she will not be required to undergo psych evaluation. I have read a number of applicants who were declared psychologically incapacitated in the annulment proceedings but surely passed the psych evaluation conducted by St Luke.

In my case, the doctor just read the dispositive portion of the court decision to check who was declared psychologically incapacitated. She did not read the several pages of the decision at all. I was not required to undergo psych evaluation by St Luke.

The court decision and the Order of finality is presented and asked during the interview.

Good luck!

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.