nsxguy7

started...nowwhat?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I did my initial filing and mailed to the CA service center on 3/15, received notice that it was received there on 3/19...my check was promptly cashed. Now it is 4/15, I have heard nothing...anything I can do to check, or get a case number? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Your case number is on the receipt you received. You can use that to log in to the USCIS case status system. But it will be at least two months before you'll notice any change in status.

In the mean time - browse through the guides and forums so you have an idea what to expect along your journey.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The casenumber should be on the I-797-c letter that you received -

SHOULD START with WAC

Later, after approval, you'll need the GUZ casefile number - you can get that from NVC by calling in, getting a HUMAN, and asking.

As Old Dominion mentioned, you can sign up on the USCIS status portal with that WAC number, you'll see some status there. Not much status, but something. IMO, signing up is good, as you can also enable electronic notification of status updates.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The best thing you can do now is visit again (if possible), plan to attend the interview (if possible), and keep your girl happy and communicate and not think too much about the time it is going to take. Fortunately, CSC is processing very fast these days, so it is possible for you to be complete in under 6 months versus the 9-12months it was taking a year ago. build up your case file for the interview, save your pennies for all of the expenses coming down the line, including the 1K for AOS. Oh, and feel free to ask questions, there is a good group here. If you want a slightly more comical, focused, yet sometimes asinine forum..you can check out Candle for Love. Just do a search for them, they changed servers recently so you might have to dig. I would post the site here, but I don't think we are supposed to do that. Good Luck!!

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I just dont understand why I mailed my I129F packet 4 weeks ago but still have no NOA1...shouldnt I have received that within 2 or 3 weeks It has been nearly 1 month..any clue how to get that number from a PERSON?

the I797c, as you call it, I have never received...

Timeline

ah - received notice that it was received there on 3/19 - you mean delivery confirmation from the carrier you used.

have a look at the back and front of yer check - there should be some extra numbers there.

ONE OF THEM might be the case number. MAYBE.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

wow...there it ison the back of my check....THANK YOU!!

Also from very recent filers of I-129F to CSC including myself, 75% of the petitions are approved in 45 to 50 days. So not even two months. That is based on VJ statistics and following the February 2010 CSC thread under K-1 Progress Reoports, the forum one level below this K-1 process and procedures thread. You should monitor that March 2010 CSC thread and make friends to help you with the next steps.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

wow...there it ison the back of my check....THANK YOU!!

Yay ! Yer Welcome !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.