Nina~

Gay Christian Music Star

71 posts in this topic

Jennifer Knapp is not only coming out with a new album, she is also "coming out," a term the Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter considers "very bizarre" as she nervously relaunches her career.

The 36-year-old Kansas native, who dated men during her college days, is braced for a backlash from religious fans who faithfully shot down whispered rumors about her sexuality over the years. On the other hand, she said in a recent interview with Reuters, "I'm definitely getting a lot more friendly winks from the girls (at her concerts) than I have in the past!"

No other singer of Knapp's renown in the Christian music genre is openly gay. In the past, the industry looked dimly on those who deviated from the straight and narrow. Radio stations and retailers quickly dropped Sandi Patty and Michael English after they admitted to (separate) extra-marital affairs during the 1990s. Amy Grant was also blacklisted when she went through a divorce later that decade. All have since been forgiven to varying degrees.

Full Story

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

well she is going to HELL! LOL!

Not if she repents. :P

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can repent all you want, but if you stay gay, in the eyes of fundamentalists, you're still going to hell.

The word repent means to turn from sin. i.e., ask forgiveness and not go back to the sin you asked to be forgiven for.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Christ wiped away our sins. Her sin (if you can call it that) is no more a stain on her soul than the other countless sins other Christians repeatedly commit on a daily basis.

Edited by El Buscador

She's hardly going to 'repent' if she's come out as a lesbian. Mind you, I have been led to believe by the good people of VJ that lesbianism isn't actually a sin, unlike homosexuality.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The word repent means to turn from sin. i.e., ask forgiveness and not go back to the sin you asked to be forgiven for.

No, repent means to feel remorse, self-reproach, regret, or contrite for past conduct. A guy could feel regret for it while sucking a c0ck.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I was a huge fan of hers in the 90's. I have seen her in concert twice. She was very popular in the Christian music world for years and still is well known. Then she disappeared for years and I read the online rumors for the past couple years about her possibly being gay. Yet she wasn't around much to say yes or no about it. She knew about the rumors and what annoys me is she knew how many people were defending her from the rumors and were trying to believe that she wouldn't be hiding it after all this time. But of course, we know now she was.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I was a huge fan of hers in the 90's. I have seen her in concert twice. She was very popular in the Christian music world for years and still is well known. Then she disappeared for years and I read the online rumors for the past couple years about her possibly being gay. Yet she wasn't around much to say yes or no about it. She knew about the rumors and what annoys me is she knew how many people were defending her from the rumors and were trying to believe that she wouldn't be hiding it after all this time. But of course, we know now she was.

What's annoying is that anyone should feel the need to 'defend' someone against such rumours, not that she had trouble coming to terms with her sexuality and her public christian image.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

What's annoying is that anyone should feel the need to 'defend' someone against such rumours, not that she had trouble coming to terms with her sexuality and her public christian image.

It's not annoying that people defended her from what seemed to be people labeling her gay with no proof at that time to back it up. So because of that, people were defending her against what were considered pure speculation. If people started rumors that I was gay, and I wasn't, I wouldn't mind people defending my name. Her fans were not going to just believe an online rumor about it if she had not said it was true herself. This has been going on for years with people speculating on every side.

It's not annoying that people defended her from what seemed to be people labeling her gay with no proof at that time to back it up. So because of that, people were defending her against what were considered pure speculation. If people started rumors that I was gay, and I wasn't, I wouldn't mind people defending my name. Her fans were not going to just believe an online rumor about it if she had not said it was true herself. This has been going on for years with people speculating on every side.

You don't seem to understand. What does it matter if someone is gay or straight that they need to be 'defended' if someone makes up rumours about who they are sleeping with? Seriously, don't you get how much of a double standard that is if you differentiate?

Timeline

You don't seem to understand. What does it matter if someone is gay or straight that they need to be 'defended' if someone makes up rumours about who they are sleeping with? Seriously, don't you get how much of a double standard that is if you differentiate?

Fine. I don't understand, I am just a dumb Christian.