BlueBonnet

Can I legaly Log in ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

By nature I am a curious person. I am a researcher by nature, not profession. When something new comes along, and I dont know much, I try to educate myself. When something happens in my life, I try to get all angles before making a decision. This is why I lurked here for so long before having a question and requiring me to make an account. So, with this little background on me .. and the fact that my fiance is a ... take it as it comes .. kind of guy... I wanted to log into his/our account on USCIS homepage. I want to be able to see the touches and the updates. My fiance will NEVER do this, as he will just sit back until paper work shows up and then he will fill them out. I am much more curious, and would obsess over checking our progress everyday. I know alot of you here know exaclty what Im talking about. >.<

My question is, can I log into his account there, or because it has my information too, and he gave me our reciept number so setting up an account would be easy to do ... can I legaly do it ? There is all kinds of ... threats about jail time, for accessing someones account that isnt yours ... is it my account too ?

Lord knows I dont want to mess any of this up for us.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Hey guys,

By nature I am a curious person. I am a researcher by nature, not profession. When something new comes along, and I dont know much, I try to educate myself. When something happens in my life, I try to get all angles before making a decision. This is why I lurked here for so long before having a question and requiring me to make an account. So, with this little background on me .. and the fact that my fiance is a ... take it as it comes .. kind of guy... I wanted to log into his/our account on USCIS homepage. I want to be able to see the touches and the updates. My fiance will NEVER do this, as he will just sit back until paper work shows up and then he will fill them out. I am much more curious, and would obsess over checking our progress everyday. I know alot of you here know exaclty what Im talking about. >.<

My question is, can I log into his account there, or because it has my information too, and he gave me our reciept number so setting up an account would be easy to do ... can I legaly do it ? There is all kinds of ... threats about jail time, for accessing someones account that isnt yours ... is it my account too ?

What's 'illegal' about you using an account you have permission to use? you aren't breaking any laws...when you set it up you need an email and mobile phone if you want text updates. you have a password and voila, you're there.

set up the account and start obsessing like we all do lol

good luck :yes:

Edited by zenaxe

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for the quick response.

I set up an account, nothing since April 1 :(

And now I will obsess daily like the rest of you !

Today I learned that I get to pay out $350 for a pap smear during my medical ... sounds fun ... right ?!?! ~.^

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Hey guys,

I would not recommend using someone elses login info - especially on a government website (they log all transactions).

It is written in the "fine print" of the terms of use:

Users shall not access other users' files or system files without prior authorization. Absence of access controls is not an authorization to access or a waiver of applicable laws or DHS policies

Only DHS can give that authorization - and it is against the law as written (unauthorized access)

However, nothing is stopping you from making your account, in your own name. Even better - if you go here https://egov.uscis.g...is/Dashboard.do you just need to put in your reciept number and it will tell you the current status - with no login required.

(BTW - part of my job is IT/IS security)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Thank you for the quick response.

I set up an account, nothing since April 1 :(

And now I will obsess daily like the rest of you !

Today I learned that I get to pay out $350 for a pap smear during my medical ... sounds fun ... right ?!?! ~.^

A pap smear during the medical?

I'm pretty darn sure they don't require that in Canada. No one I know of got one during their visa medical.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not required during my K-1 medical in Canada either. Can't see why it would be . . . where are you getting this medical done? Is it a valid Panel Physician recognized by USCIS to do immigration medical exams?

Here is a link to the I-693 medical form - there is no requirement for a pap smear:

http://www.uscis.gov.../form/I-693.pdf

form instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=eb1f3591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Yes I just got my medical done two days ago in Toronto, no pap smear or anything "down there" :blush: thankfully.. it was awkward enough talking to the doctor in nothing but a paper gown LOL.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.