Mikhail

SOME RANDOM BUT URGENT QUESTIONS

8 posts in this topic

1. On the G-325a form they ask for both of my wifes parents date of birth, the problem is we dont know, we only know the age they were at the time my wife was born and that is how we got the year they were both born, they are both dead...do we need to get birth certificates from them or death certificates or are we ok with just the years? will it delay us if we do need to get there complete birthdays??

2. Also on the the bottom of the G-325a it says to print your full name, DO YOU actually write your name down physically on the paper or just fill it in on the computer? there is space above for your signature and you obviously must sign that

3. Im just double checking, my wife and i were married outside of Phil (HK)that doesnt pose any problems right?

4. I read a post about name changes and im woondering is that something that we should just take care of now to make things easier? we are urgent to start the cr1 process but do you think we should go ahead and change my wifes last name first? If yes then what exactly do we need to do and how long?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

moving to CR-1 forum

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

1. On the G-325a form they ask for both of my wifes parents date of birth, the problem is we dont know, we only know the age they were at the time my wife was born and that is how we got the year they were both born, they are both dead...do we need to get birth certificates from them or death certificates or are we ok with just the years? will it delay us if we do need to get there complete birthdays??

Not needed because it says if known...just put city/province/country...you dont need their birth or death certificates

2. Also on the the bottom of the G-325a it says to print your full name, DO YOU actually write your name down physically on the paper or just fill it in on the computer? there is space above for your signature and you obviously must sign that

You can type the whole form...we did and had no problems

3. Im just double checking, my wife and i were married outside of Phil (HK)that doesnt pose any problems right?

No it shouldnt...marriage is marriage no matter which country you are in...as long as you did all the legal stuff to get the marriage license. You will just need the marriage certificate from there...I would have a couple of issued ones from the vital statistics office there or whatever they call it in HK

4. I read a post about name changes and im woondering is that something that we should just take care of now to make things easier? we are urgent to start the cr1 process but do you think we should go ahead and change my wifes last name first? If yes then what exactly do we need to do and how long?

Just fill out all the forms how you wife wants her name...she can get her passport done before the NVC stage..that is when you will need a copy of the bio page. That is what we did...filed the I-130 in november, but Mhay didnt change her passport until we almost had the NOA2....she did it in january and got it the beginning of feb when I was there visiting

Your wife is in the PI now right? If not, will she be back there for the interview or will she do her interview in HK? Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

ok you were alot of help thank you, yeah my wife is in phil, so it sounds like changing your name is just as easy as getting a new passport? Im nervous though to send in the I-130 and the G-325as with my last name on them rather then hers though. so u did that and you had no problems

Yep we did that with no issues..the marriage certificate is proof enough to change your name. It is much easier to do it now than later on IMO.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep we did that with no issues..the marriage certificate is proof enough to change your name. It is much easier to do it now than later on IMO.

^^ Agreed.

We submitted our I-130 application in my married name and then proceeded to change my documents so my passport reflected the name change by the time we were at the NVC stage.

Good luck !

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

^^ Agreed.

We submitted our I-130 application in my married name and then proceeded to change my documents so my passport reflected the name change by the time we were at the NVC stage.

Good luck !

Alright so for the I-130 and g-325a you guys wrote in your last name in the space for ur wifes last name before it was officially changed right? so wat did u do for her middle name cuz technically her "old" last name will become her new middle name replacing her mothers maiden name.. I just dont want any trouble, so then she just gets her new last name made official when she applies for her new passport that simple? How long does it take to obtain the new passport? Thanks guys Im ocd about this process

You can legally change her name as soon as you have the signed copy of the license completed after the ceremony...and it is registered with the NSO.

We used Mhays maiden last name as her middle name and dropped her old middle name (mother's maiden name). this is how they do it in the philippines. If in doubt, just verify how your wife wants her name...she could want 2 middle names too.

It took about 3-4 weeks to get a new passport for Mhay. She didnt pay for the expedited processing fee I dont think. She went to the DFA on 8 January to get all the application paperwork to fill out. They told her to come back the 12th I believe to pay for it and turn in all the paperwork. She also paid for her passport to get delivered to her house...I believe it cost about 99 pesos. She received her passport on 2 Feb. there is a way to get an appointment there at the DFA so she doesnt have to wait so long in line...check out the DFA site for more information.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.