keka

stapling pages k1 visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody!! Thank you so much for all!! Im here again with the question about stapling pages . .Its true that we have to stapling pages that are supposed to be together? . . Its better if we just leave the pages with out nothing? :help:

My fiancee its coming the next week for talk to my family :dance: and he is going to take all the papers for start this visa . . and we hope be soon together . . and thats why we want to do it right :blush: like all of you :whistle:

We just add in this first package , e mails, letters that we send to each other , tickets from movie theater , baseball and photos and the ring recipt :blush: . . do you think that we should add something more?

Its good idea if we add our new contract of the internet? we talk trough skype thats why we dont have any phone bills . . can be a good idea showing that we get the internet for talk to each other?

Thank yoou so much for your time always (L)

Have a good day everybody!!! :luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Its true that we have to stapling pages that are supposed to be together? . . Its better if we just leave the pages with out nothing?

No staples. Some folks will simply stack the documents in order and binder-clip them, while others will two-hole punch the entire petition and use ACCO fasteners. Both ways work, with the ACCO fasteners obviously maintaining a better chance of the pages of the petition staying together. The only thing I stapled was the little ziploc baggies containing the passport photos to a filler sheet.

We just add in this first package , e mails, letters that we send to each other , tickets from movie theater , baseball and photos and the ring recipt . . do you think that we should add something more?

Its good idea if we add our new contract of the internet? we talk trough skype thats why we dont have any phone bills . . can be a good idea showing that we get the internet for talk to each other?

First and foremost, it would be a good idea to include clear evidence of his visit. Boarding passes. Luggage tags. Secondarily, flight itineraries, though they do not prove he actually visited.

After that, photographs are good, as are lodging receipts (with the both of your names on it), emails, chat logs, letters, the engagement ring receipt, etc.

There are two camps: those that send the minimal amount of information required, and those that "front-load" the packet in order to provide as much evidence to the embassy as possible ahead of time once the petition has been approved and it is sent to the consulate.

Keep in mind the purpose of the initial I-129F petition is to establish to the USCIS that the petitioner and beneficiary have met at least once in the last two years. Adding supplementary evidence supporting the existence of a bona fide relationship goes along with that.

But to give you an idea, I only submitted my boarding pass to the Philippines, six photos of us printed on a single piece of paper (labeled by date and location), lodging receipts, an email log (not even actual emails), and our engagement ring receipt -- and we were approved. So you have the right idea, I'd just focus on the boarding passes and the like, to prove his visit.

Good luck!

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course, that goes without mentioning the core of the petition itself, i.e. the main documents and letters. The K-1 Guide is a good reference for that.

To give you an idea, we were approved with:

Personal Check for $455

I-129F

I-129F Supplement, Explanation of Meeting in Person

G-325A (Petitioner)

G-325A (Beneficiary)

G-325A (Beneficiary) Supplement, Additional Residential and Employment History

U.S. Passport

Intent to Marry (Petitioner)

Intent to Marry (Beneficiary)

Consent to Marriage (Beneficiary's Parents)

Travel Itinerary (Petitioner)

Boarding Passes (Petitioner)

Lodging Receipts (with fiancée)

Photographs

Email Account Log

Engagement Ring Receipt

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep, like has been said, the only thing that should be stapled are the ziploc bags (that carry 2x2 passport photos) onto a blank sheet of paper.

You can staple some things together but they don't really like that at USCIS and it creates more work for them having to remove staples. So, you have to ask yourself the question: "do you really want to ruin some clerks day by putting in staples?" As your reward for removing staples in your petition, the clerk then politely shifts your petition to a pile that goes to the slowest adjudicator...... :whistle:

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.