5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HELLO EVERYBODY!

I'm Anna and I'm a new member in visajourny.com. I have a question for whoever has time to answer. It might sound weired but i just wanted to know what does NOA mean? does it mean Notice of Action? And if it does, what does it mean 1st NOA and 2nd NOA?

thank you very much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It does mean notice of action. When people refer to NOA1 and NOA2, there are 2 notices you get in the I-129F process. NOA1 is saying that they recieved your documents and they will be processed and NOA2 is the letter of approval you get saying the petition has been approved and that your file will now be passed on to the consulate for the interview. You need to make sure you keep the NOA2 for when it comes time to do your AOS.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Hi Anna - Yes you are correct - NOA is Notice of Action

When you submit the I129F petition you will first receive a NOA1 which simply acknowledges the USCIS has received your petition.

After a bit of a wait (typically 3-5 months) you will receive and NOA2 which is notification that the petition was approved (if the petition has been approved).

After that - you will get a letter from the NVC (National Visa Center) saying that they have forwarded your petition to the consulate.

Make sure you keep all of these safe and secure.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

You are correct, NOA means notice of action. NOA1 versus NOA2 depends on what visa category you are applying for, or petitioning for. In my case, my NOA1 for my IR-1/CR-1 (formally the K-3) was when the USCIS first received the petition packet I sent them. You typically receive the NOA2 when they have reached a decision about your case and you are in the process of moving on to the next step in this battle. I wish you the best of luck in your journey, and you have definately come to the right place. It is very encouraging, when you are in a long-distance relationship, to see that you are not the only one going through this difficult, but worthy challenge. You will find such comradery here, I am thankful for this site and for the people in it. Good luck to you and God speed to bring your significant other into your arms.

as1cEXYkw2B0510MTAxNjM4bHN8MDAwMjQzbHxIVVNCQU5EICYgV0lGRT0gQW1vciBFdGVybm8.gif

06/20/2009: Married to the Love of my life

11/02/2009: I-130 Package sent

11/09/2009: Application received California Service Center

11/10/2009: Check for application cashed

11/16/2009: NOA 1 received

11/19/2009: I-129F package sent

11/20/2009: Package reveived via USPS Express Mail

11/30/2009: NOA 1 received for I-129F

02/10/2010: I129F "touched" according to USCIS website

02/11/2010: I129F Approved!

02/16/2010: I129F/I130 NOA 2 Approval Hardcopies

02/25/2010: NVC received petition, case number assigned

03/12/2010: AOS/IV Fee status: PAID... onto the next hoop to jump through

03/16/2010: I-864/AOS package sent to NVC.

03/26/2010: IV Packet received by NVC, signed for by J. Desmond

04/08/2010: SIGN-IN FAILED!!! Getting closer now!

04/12/2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED! MANAGUA NICARAGUA MAY 27TH 2010!!!

05/27/2010:VISA APPROVED!!!!

06/15/2010: POE IN MIAMI, FL!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

It does mean notice of action. When people refer to NOA1 and NOA2, there are 2 notices you get in the I-129F process. NOA1 is saying that they recieved your documents and they will be processed and NOA2 is the letter of approval you get saying the petition has been approved and that your file will now be passed on to the consulate for the interview. You need to make sure you keep the NOA2 for when it comes time to do your AOS.

Thank you very much for your response! i appreciate it.

You are correct, NOA means notice of action. NOA1 versus NOA2 depends on what visa category you are applying for, or petitioning for. In my case, my NOA1 for my IR-1/CR-1 (formally the K-3) was when the USCIS first received the petition packet I sent them. You typically receive the NOA2 when they have reached a decision about your case and you are in the process of moving on to the next step in this battle. I wish you the best of luck in your journey, and you have definately come to the right place. It is very encouraging, when you are in a long-distance relationship, to see that you are not the only one going through this difficult, but worthy challenge. You will find such comradery here, I am thankful for this site and for the people in it. Good luck to you and God speed to bring your significant other into your arms.

Thank you for all your best wishes!

Thank you for your response!

thanks for your help!

Hi Anna - Yes you are correct - NOA is Notice of Action

When you submit the I129F petition you will first receive a NOA1 which simply acknowledges the USCIS has received your petition.

After a bit of a wait (typically 3-5 months) you will receive and NOA2 which is notification that the petition was approved (if the petition has been approved).

After that - you will get a letter from the NVC (National Visa Center) saying that they have forwarded your petition to the consulate.

Make sure you keep all of these safe and secure.

Thanks for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.