raymondv

What i gonna do next after the inerview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

After the interviewed they told my fiancee to go home and wait for their call/letter but it been 4 months already and she didn't hear anything from them yet. I emailed and asked the reason, they said my case is pending and i don't need to submit any paper/doc to them (not missing any form/doc). some people have gone through this situation and they said it takes years for them to review the case again.

So, what i gonna do next?

Thank you

Edited by raymondv

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This was for the initial K-1 interview at the embassy in Vietnam?

How did she say the interview transpired? Was she given any indication of the reason? Meaning, were they suspicious? Did the questions revolve around any certain thing? What was the general tone of the discussion?

Were there any weak points to your history as presented in the petition?

Your case would time out well before years passed, but I do not know what would silently, in the background, delay an approval or denial for four month -- and not result in an RFE.

I can think of a few folks that will chime in soon with suggestions. But if the consulate told you it was under investigation and nothing was needed, I suspect that is how it will remain until further notice.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Read the HCMC AP topic posted in the Vietnam Regional area

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When she left the interview did they give her ANY documents? If not, then you can email peridocially or even call from time to time, and if you are going to be here you can go in person, there is nothing you can really do, just pester them, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, you can also try to get your senator involved, but in reality, all you can do is make inquiries. Good luck Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

After the interviewed they told my fiancee to go home and wait for their call/letter but it been 4 months already and she didn't hear anything from them yet. I emailed and asked the reason, they said my case is pending and i don't need to submit any paper/doc to them (not missing any form/doc). some people have gone through this situation and they said it takes years for them to review the case again.

So, what i gonna do next?

Thank you

At the end of the interview they should have given her a slip. What did that say?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

At the end of the interview they should have given her a slip. What did that say?

After the interviewed they put the pink slip into our file but they didn't give anything to my fiancee. They asked my fiancee for my notarize statement(how we met, how many times in visit her etc..) They didn't ask for this statement until the interviewed. I sent this statement to my fiancee and she went back to HCM City to give it to them, then they told her to go home and wait for their phone call/mail.

jeromebinh,

They didn't give her any document, but they asked for my notarized statement.

Someone told me that i need to write a letter to the Senator and ask him to send a letter to them, so they will process/review my case. I've never done this before.. does any of you have the sample of this kind of letter, so i can get the idea?

here's what they replied to my email

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.

The beneficiary's file is still pending review by a consular officer. Case files and any additional documents or information submitted after the interviews are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy. Please note that the beneficiary will experience delays in receiving a response from our office regarding the case due to the large number of cases pending review. We will contact the beneficiary when the review is completed or when we need further information.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email and please include the complete case number (HCM XXXX-XXX-XXX) in all correspondence.

ScottThuy,

Thanks for your info

Alcheringa,

The interview was went through smoothly. My fiancee answered to their questions perfectly

Thanks people

Edited by raymondv

Timeline

A letter to senator will only get you a status check at this point... it cant hurt, but it likely wont help... many of us are just sitting and waiting for a decision.

When did she submit the timeline? They likely gave her a blue slip at the interview, with a date to submit the timeline. at the timeline they then said no additional info needed. this is too common...

take a moment and fill in your timeline...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Timeline

After the interviewed they put the pink slip into our file but they didn't give anything to my fiancee. They asked my fiancee for my notarize statement(how we met, how many times in visit her etc..) They didn't ask for this statement until the interviewed. I sent this statement to my fiancee and she went back to HCM City to give it to them, then they told her to go home and wait for their phone call/mail.

here's what they replied to my email

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.

The beneficiary's file is still pending review by a consular officer. Case files and any additional documents or information submitted after the interviews are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy. Please note that the beneficiary will experience delays in receiving a response from our office regarding the case due to the large number of cases pending review. We will contact the beneficiary when the review is completed or when we need further information.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email and please include the complete case number (HCM XXXX-XXX-XXX) in all correspondence.

I highlighted in BOLD the CO's response AFTER the interview. You don't understand their saying in "English"? It seems very clear to me, WAIT.

Edit to add the definition of "wait" from dictionary.com: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wait

I can't help you to read that definition though. You have to do it on your own.

Edited by Dau Que

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline

That is the standard email cut and paste AP response. I totally understand the fact that it can be difficult to accept it when someone says, we will let you know when we have taken the time to look at the files again. And then add to that the fact that there is no time frame associated with it. In a nutshell they are inAP and it's just a waiting game.

Timeline

If they didn't give her a slip and she said they put the pink slip into her folder and sent her away asking for a timeline then I suggest that the interview didn't go as smooth as you say. There had to be something about the interview that made them change their mind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they didn't give her a slip and she said they put the pink slip into her folder and sent her away asking for a timeline then I suggest that the interview didn't go as smooth as you say. There had to be something about the interview that made them change their mind.

Yeah, this makes sense to me. If I recall, I think this is the same thing that happened to Jerome's fiancee. They had the pink slip prepared in advance, but the tone of the interview changed completely after a question about his ex-wife. It sounds like things went south during the interview.

It's also really odd that they asked her for a timeline, but didn't give her a blue slip describing what a timeline is, what questions it should answer, and how it should be prepared. I've never heard of the consulate in HCM giving these instructions verbally.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should ask your fiancee specifically...maybe she didn't give YOU all the information.

With my husband, had I not asked him specifically, he wouldn't have known to give it to me too...actually, in many cases, I told him what the CO might give him before he went in for the interview! :op

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.