kruz_patz

I-130 : Packet Assembled - Am I missing anything ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here's what I have assembled a packet for stand alone I-130 for my spouse who resides in India and will go through IR-1 consular process at Mumbai Consulate.

All VisaJourney members, please give your suggestions if I have missed anything .....

Enclosed are the following:

Form G-1145

Form I-130

Personal Check of $355 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Copy of Naturalization Certificate from Petitioner

Form G-325 A from Petitioner

Passport size photograph of Petitioner

Copy of Birth Certificate from Petitioner

Form G-325 A from Beneficiary

Passport size photograph of beneficiary

Copy of Birth Certificate from Beneficiary

Evidence/Supporting documents of ongoing marital union:

a. Copy of Marriage Certificate

b. Copy of IRS TAX Return 2008 and 2009 married filing jointly

c. Copy of Apartment Lease (First and Last page)

d. Copy of Bank Statement of joint accounts

e. Copy of power bill

f. Copy of driving license of both beneficiary and petitioner showing same residence address

g. Copy of Beneficiarys Passports biographic page - showing SPOUSES name

h. Copy of Auto Insurance

i. Copy of Cell phone bill

Edited by kruz_patz

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Timeline

Plz reply..........I need to post it by tomorrow....

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check question #22. What did you answer? Is your spouse eligible for adjustment of status? If not, skip to the second part of question 22 and list the consulate abroad. This question gets answered incorrectly often

Also, I wouldn't send in your tax returns, you just have to send them in at the NVC stage.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here's what I have assembled a packet for stand alone I-130 for my spouse who resides in India and will go through IR-1 consular process at Mumbai Consulate.

All VisaJourney members, please give your suggestions if I have missed anything .....

Enclosed are the following:

• Form G-1145

• Form I-130

• Personal Check of $355 payable to ‘U.S. Department of Homeland Security’

• Copy of Naturalization Certificate from Petitioner

• Form G-325 A – from Petitioner

• Passport size photograph of Petitioner

• Copy of Birth Certificate from Petitioner

• Form G-325 A – from Beneficiary

• Passport size photograph of beneficiary

• Copy of Birth Certificate from Beneficiary

• Evidence/Supporting documents of ongoing marital union:

a. Copy of Marriage Certificate

b. Copy of IRS TAX Return 2008 and 2009 – married filing jointly

c. Copy of Apartment Lease (First and Last page)

d. Copy of Bank Statement of joint accounts

e. Copy of power bill

f. Copy of driving license of both beneficiary and petitioner – showing same residence address

g. Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport’s biographic page - showing SPOUSE’S name

h. Copy of Auto Insurance

i. Copy of Cell phone bill

hi kruz_patz i think you can read this you need affitdafit of your marriage eye witness your wedding photo copies

Our Completed I-130

What I included in our I-130 application....

A cover letter explaining what I was filing all this ####### for

A check for $355

The I-130 application

Continuation pages for information that won't fit in the spaces provided on the I-130

A G-325A (biographic information) for me

A G-325A (biographic information) for my wife

Continuation pages for information that won't fit in the spaces provided on the G-325A

A passport-type photo of you and one of your spouse

A copy of my birth certificate (both sides)

A copy of your marriage certificate

A translation of all documents in a foreign langauge

A certification that the translator is compotent to translate the documents

Copies of wedding photos

Copies of phone bills showing that we call each other every day

Western Union receipts showing money that I've sent to my wife

Information on our joint bank account

Evidence that my wife is the beneficiary for my life insurance policy

An affadavit from my aunt stating that she has knowledge of our marriageremember dont use stapled on supporting document only use paper pin or paper clip imigration officer dont like stapled because they have problem seprate every document at service center becoz all doc seprated at service center yes you can use stapled only i-130 and g325a

Everything must be done meticulously since if you make even a tiny mistake your application will be rejected. There are rules for how you must do everything so attention to detail is of the utmost importance. Documents, for example, should not be stapled together. The entire document should be 2-hole punched at the top and held together using ACCO fasteners. (Since I had never even heard of ACCO fasteners I had to do a search on the internet to find out what they were) I also put stick on tabs to indicate where each document was located in the stack of papers. According to the USICS website these need to be on the bottom of the pages and not on the sides.

ACCO Fasteners

Random tips on filling out the forms -

NEVER, NEVER LIE ON AN IMMIGRATION FORM! No matter how trivial you think something is put it on the application. The penalties for giving false information or willfully omitting data are SEVERE. There are large fines, possible jail time, and worst of all your loved one may receive a LIFETIME BAN from ever immigrating to the United States. It's simply not worth the risk to lie.

Your packet should contain a cover letter that clearly identifies what you are sending and what you are applying for. Don't assume because you are sending in a certain form the government will know what you are applying for. The I-129F, for example, is used for both a K1 and a K3 visa. You need to clearly state which one you are applying for. If a beauracrat has to figure things out on their own you are inviting problems.

If the data you need to enter won't fit on the form use a continuation sheet. On the continuation sheet indicate what question you are answering and sign and date each sheet.

If addresses are in foreign languages do not translate them. Certain documents will be sent to your relative so the address must be one that the local mail service can deliver to.

When submitting an I-130 you must submit proof that you are married above and beyond a marriage certificate. Some of the things they list as acceptable proof are joint bank accounts, joint ownership of property, etc. This evidence needs to show that there is an "ongoing" relationship. Some simple things that you can include are photos from your wedding, phone records, receipts for money transfers, travel documents for visits to your spouses country, etc.

Translating documents - You can translate your own documents if you are compotent in your spouses language. The USICS says on their website that this is an acceptable letter for certifying the translation...

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Copies verus original documents - The USICS webite says that copies of documents are acceptable except where originals are specifically asked for. In the case of the I-130 originals are never asked for so I submitted copies of everything. From what I understand when your spouse has their interview at the embassy original documents are required at that time.

Acceptable "Official" Documents - Make sure you research what the local embassy you are going to be dealing with considers an "official" document. The embassy in pakistan for example, requires your marriage certificate to come from the pakistan registerd with court registar office

It also cost about $20 in "special" fees (if you know what I mean) to get all the stamps and signatures that were required. Every stamp you see on the documents below came from a different office and required another "fee".

Make 2 copies of your final packet - Once you have completed your final packet and everything is signed make 2 exact copies of the packet including the check. You want to have a record of exactly what you filed in case you receive a request for evidence (RFE). The last thing you want to do is have to try and remember what you sent trying to replicate what you've already done.

Sending in your application - Send your application via the USPS with return receipt requested and delivery confirmation. The last thing you need to be worrying about is whether they received your application or not. You also want to have proof that you filed in case something bad happens like they lose your application. If you have evidence that you submitted it and they screwed up you then have recourse for priority processing if you have to refile.

Payment - Pay by check if you can. If you can't pay by check use a money order that you can track when it's cashed. Having a cancelled check or evidence of a cashed money order provides another safety net in case anything goes wrong.

Photos - Your biographic information sheet must be accompanied by a passport photo of you and one of your spouse. These should be placed in a clear plastic bag and attached to a blank sheet of paper. Each photo should be labeled on the back using a felt tip pen with the name of the person in the photo. The is very picky about photos and they have strict guidelines. tell your wife to photo studio and tell the guy i want american style imigration photo photo studio person know very well about imigration photo which is white gloosy back groundsome think like that

• report.png

Timeline

Check question #22. What did you answer? Is your spouse eligible for adjustment of status? If not, skip to the second part of question 22 and list the consulate abroad. This question gets answered incorrectly often

Also, I wouldn't send in your tax returns, you just have to send them in at the NVC stage.

Good luck.

Yes , I have answered it MUMBAI Consulate and didn't fill the first part....write N/A in that place.

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.