5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi guys,

i came here on K-1 visa.i got state ID in january and expiry date was 16 april.i filed AOS and work permit in february.now both I-765 and I-485 are in progress.my state ID is going to be expired on 16 april.i went to DMV yesterday.but they said u should have green card to get renewal of ID.i said how can i have green card now and what am i gonna do without any ID.but thats what they need.in that case,i wont be able to use credit cards and also i have an appointment of behind the wheel driving test on may 4th,what am i gonna do with that.can u help? and what can be the alternative.what can i do? i am really worried and confused.

You still have your passport so you're not without I.D. - what they told you at the DMV may very well be correct (it can depend on the State).

What is the State you're living in?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Theres not really much you can do, most places DMV's are like that. You might be able to get the renewal with your EAD, I know you can in CA, but other than that theres nothing really that can be done until your GC is approved, that includes your driving test. You should be able to use your passport for ID for credit cards if they ask for it, and most places just glance at your ID, don't use the expiration or anything so you should be good there too.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I still don't have my California licence, and I don't have any ID with my new married name on it. I've just been carrying a copy of my marriage licence with me to prove my new name and no one has had a problem with it.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.