hopps

once again I need help. I'm so sorry.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes its me again...and yes I have a few questions. Very sorry. haha. The following is where I'm at right now and what we have...then on to the questions.

I-129F turned in

NOA1 received

NOA2 received

NVC notice of information being delivered to embassy

Letter from the embassy sending us to this website.

This is where we're stuck. At the bottom of this page There's a K1 Interview Preparation Instructions pdf that lists all the things we need.

We have everything although a few questions following what we have.

1. For the DS-156, DS-156K, and the DS-157 is it ok that some of the information is typed and that some of the information is hand printed (written)?

2. For the Evidence of support I don't have one of the requirements which is my most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) because I haven't received my return yet. Is this going to cause problems?

3. Who or where does my fiance turn in all these papers to? The K1 Interview Preparation Instructions doesn't give us any instructions on any of this. Which leads me to my next question...

4. I see that there is a walk through/guide for the K-1 Visa process but it completely leaves out the process that happens after it reaches the fiance/fiancee's embassy. Is there a step-by-step/walk through/guide for this process???

5. Is the DS-230 really needed? If so why? It isn't in the requirements.

I may have more questions so please stay tuned and I appreciate any help.

1. For the DS-156, DS-156K, and the DS-157 is it ok that some of the information is typed and that some of the information is hand printed (written)? Yes.

2. For the Evidence of support I don't have one of the requirements which is my most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) because I haven't received my return yet. Is this going to cause problems? Possibly. Do you have your W-2? Can you request your transcripts? I'd call the IRS and ask if they can fax them to you. 1 (800) 829-1040, It's free to obtain. Maybe a USC can give you more information, since I'm not all-up on US taxation!

3. Who or where does my fiance turn in all these papers to? The K1 Interview Preparation Instructions doesn't give us any instructions on any of this. Which leads me to my next question... It says on the instructions, in bold and underlined, "You must bring the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:"

4. I see that there is a walk through/guide for the K-1 Visa process but it completely leaves out the process that happens after it reaches the fiance/fiancee's embassy. Is there a step-by-step/walk through/guide for this process??? No, because this part of the process is embassy specific. My understanding of the USEM is that they issue documentation and medical instructions (packet 3) and interview scheduling (packet 4) at the same time. If you have this letter, you've completed the "what happens after it reaches the USE from NVC" stage. They send out that letter...

5. Is the DS-230 really needed? If so why? It isn't in the requirements. The form is the application for the visa itself. Not sure which requirements it isn't in, but if it's listed on the USEM website, then yes, it's needed. Maybe something a fellow USEM graduate can answer for you.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

1. For the DS-156, DS-156K, and the DS-157 is it ok that some of the information is typed and that some of the information is hand printed (written)? Yes.

2. For the Evidence of support I don't have one of the requirements which is my most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) because I haven't received my return yet. Is this going to cause problems? Possibly. Do you have your W-2? Can you request your transcripts? I'd call the IRS and ask if they can fax them to you. 1 (800) 829-1040, It's free to obtain. Maybe a USC can give you more information, since I'm not all-up on US taxation!

3. Who or where does my fiance turn in all these papers to? The K1 Interview Preparation Instructions doesn't give us any instructions on any of this. Which leads me to my next question... It says on the instructions, in bold and underlined, "You must bring the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:"

4. I see that there is a walk through/guide for the K-1 Visa process but it completely leaves out the process that happens after it reaches the fiance/fiancee's embassy. Is there a step-by-step/walk through/guide for this process??? No, because this part of the process is embassy specific. My understanding of the USEM is that they issue documentation and medical instructions (packet 3) and interview scheduling (packet 4) at the same time. If you have this letter, you've completed the "what happens after it reaches the USE from NVC" stage. They send out that letter...

5. Is the DS-230 really needed? If so why? It isn't in the requirements. The form is the application for the visa itself. Not sure which requirements it isn't in, but if it's listed on the USEM website, then yes, it's needed. Maybe something a fellow USEM graduate can answer for you.

Thank you very much for your input. Let me clarify question #3. I know it needs to be brought to the embassy but are they going to ask for each individual document at different times or just turn in everything during the interview. I ask only because I've been reading some other topics on this forum saying that I have to mail things in.

For question #2 I do have my W-2 form and I my fiance currently has it. I just don't have the Form 1040.

Timeline

Thank you very much for your input. Let me clarify question #3. I know it needs to be brought to the embassy but are they going to ask for each individual document at different times or just turn in everything during the interview. I ask only because I've been reading some other topics on this forum saying that I have to mail things in.

For question #2 I do have my W-2 form and I my fiance currently has it. I just don't have the Form 1040.

First, you will have to go the counter to submit your forms 2 DS-156 [with 2x2 picture on both forms paste it], 2 DS-157 [1 with bank validation, they dont need the receipt anymore], 1 DS-156k and email appointment letter). Once youre given a number the next step is initial interview where you have to submit the ff: Birth certificate, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, i-134 and W-2 (I don't remember giving form 1040), pictures, and emails and you will be advise to prepare your original proofs of engagement just in case consul will look for it. The interview is really quick like 5-10 mins and the questions are mostly about your fiance. Good luck!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

2009-09-15 : I-129F Sent

2009-09-16 : I-129F NOA1

2009-09-19: Check Cashed

2009-12-22: I-129F NOA2

2010-01-07 : Consulate Received

2010-01-22: St Luke's medical exam

2010-02-01 : Interview Date (Approved!)

2010-02-06 : Visa Received

2010-02-15 : US Entry

2010-03-04: SSN received

2010-05-01 : Wedding day!

Comments : smooth sailing, thanks visa journey!

AOS timeline:

2010-05-06 : AOS package sent

2010-05-07 : received and signed (USCIS Chicago lockbox)

2010-05-13 : check cashed

2010-05-17 : received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 and I-131

2010-06-23 : received approved I-131

2010-07-01 : received notice for biometrics on 7/20/10

2010-07-20 : biometrics done

2010-07-21 : I-765 Employment Authorization approved! Card production ordered

2010-07-30 : I-765 Card on hand ( wohoo )

2010-09-03 : Interview sched (had to resched coz we're out of town)

2010-10-18 : Interview...approved with no problem! card production ordered (YES!)

No one sends you a 1040. That's the main form for taxes which YOU fill out and send to the IRS. It's due in 8 days...

You'll need all schedules that you fill out when you file your taxes, not just the 1040, by the way. W-2's (at least in my experience) come with multiple copies, so hopefully you only sent one on to your fiancee??

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

First, you will have to go the counter to submit your forms 2 DS-156 [with 2x2 picture on both forms paste it], 2 DS-157 [1 with bank validation, they dont need the receipt anymore], 1 DS-156k and email appointment letter). Once youre given a number the next step is initial interview where you have to submit the ff: Birth certificate, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, i-134 and W-2 (I don't remember giving form 1040), pictures, and emails and you will be advise to prepare your original proofs of engagement just in case consul will look for it. The interview is really quick like 5-10 mins and the questions are mostly about your fiance. Good luck!

so the I-134 affidavit of support is turned in during the actual interview?

Timeline

No one sends you a 1040. That's the main form for taxes which YOU fill out and send to the IRS. It's due in 8 days...

You'll need all schedules that you fill out when you file your taxes, not just the 1040, by the way. W-2's (at least in my experience) come with multiple copies, so hopefully you only sent one on to your fiancee??

I only got one W-2 from my employer but I made a copy and sent the copy to my fiance. As of the 1040 I did this whole confusing process online to file my taxes and never saw anything as of a form 1040 goes.....(my first time doing my own taxes BLAH!!!) so I think I screwed up majorly and am having problems with my whole tax process...all in all I have my W-2 for 2009 haha.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I only got one W-2 from my employer but I made a copy and sent the copy to my fiance. As of the 1040 I did this whole confusing process online to file my taxes and never saw anything as of a form 1040 goes.....(my first time doing my own taxes BLAH!!!) so I think I screwed up majorly and am having problems with my whole tax process...all in all I have my W-2 for 2009 haha.

If you go to the online service you used to file your taxes, chances are you can find your electronically filled out 1040. I used Turbo Tax and have used it for over 10 years. All my 1040s for the past 5 years are online and available by just logging into Turbo Tax and clicking on the history and printing the ones I want out.

~Johnny~

Timeline

If you go to the online service you used to file your taxes, chances are you can find your electronically filled out 1040. I used Turbo Tax and have used it for over 10 years. All my 1040s for the past 5 years are online and available by just logging into Turbo Tax and clicking on the history and printing the ones I want out.

ok thanks. I hope I still have my password :P

you think the IRS would have this form?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Request your tax transcripts from the IRS for all years you don't have (TY2009, TY2008, TY2007). It is free, and will take 2-3 weeks to receive your transcripts.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Request your tax transcripts from the IRS for all years you don't have (TY2009, TY2008, TY2007). It is free, and will take 2-3 weeks to receive your transcripts.

Tax transcripts for 2009 probably won't be available yet - and not for months. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but much more likely to be successful if the OP can log back in and get his 1040 printed out from the tax preparer's website.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Tax transcripts for 2009 probably won't be available yet - and not for months. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but much more likely to be successful if the OP can log back in and get his 1040 printed out from the tax preparer's website.

I did my taxes on doyourtaxes.net but for some reason the site doesn't work. any ideas?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.