roseTX

Need urgent help,, received RFE for K2

36 posts in this topic

hello everyone,,, we received an RFE for my 3 year old daughter stating that to submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on Form DS-2053 for the applicant of Form I-485. If you do no have a completed form ds-2053 please submit a completed and signed form I-693 and so on....... my questions are:

1. when me and my daughter filed an AOS we send along the vaccination part and the vaccination copy given by St. lukes medical center in manila, why they are asking another copy of form ds-2053 when i give it to the POE? whats the meaning of this?

2. why they only request it for my daughter and not to me too.

3. Is it possible that i will get an RFE like my daughter had received and its coming its way?

4. In processing, K1 and K2 will be processed separately?

5. Do we need to undergo a full medical exam here again even we have medical exam overseas already, as far as the RFE?

Please i need some wonderful insights on this matter guys......

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hello everyone,,, we received an RFE for my 3 year old daughter stating that to submit a properly completed and signed copy of the medical exam conducted overseas on Form DS-2053 for the applicant of Form I-485. If you do no have a completed form ds-2053 please submit a completed and signed form I-693 and so on....... my questions are:

1. when me and my daughter filed an AOS we send along the vaccination part and the vaccination copy given by St. lukes medical center in manila, why they are asking another copy of form ds-2053 when i give it to the POE? whats the meaning of this?

2. why they only request it for my daughter and not to me too.

3. Is it possible that i will get an RFE like my daughter had received and its coming its way?

4. In processing, K1 and K2 will be processed separately?

5. Do we need to undergo a full medical exam here again even we have medical exam overseas already, as far as the RFE?

Please i need some wonderful insights on this matter guys......

1) Sounds like they didn't link her files or lost her medical, if you didn't goto a CS and get an I-693 up to date, I would do that and send it to them along with a letter explaining that she had her full medical done overseas and it should be in her K2 file.

2)They might have done yours properly and not your daughters, who knows what USCIS really does.

3) Its possible if they didnt link yours or lost yours as well.

4) They are processed as seperate files so one can get RFE's that the other doesn't, but they should technically be adjucated at the same time.

5) You shouldn't have to if they can find her medical. You can try getting an inquiry put into it by your congress person as well, it helped with one of the Feb filers (Scott & LC)

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I am going through exactly the same thing with my son. my application went through and i already have my green card. My son got an RFE for medical, so i called them up and was told just to resend the evidence of his medical in the UK and cover letter stating he does NOT need another medical. We did this and about 2 weeks ago got a 'letter of intent to deny'. We tried contacting our congressman and are still awaiting a reply, so last Friday we took my son to a local civil surgeon here, he completed the medical from for us, my son had to undergo a TB skin test (as at the time of K2 visa app he didn't qualify, but now he does..lol) all his vaccination records were transcribed, and we got back the sealed medical form on monday. We really wanted to argue this with USCIS but as we only had 30 days to respond to this RFE we decided to give them what they want now and argue later. If he'd got denied we would have to reapply for AOS (and pay the fee all over again)....i would suggest you ring around a few civil surgeons in your area, and see if you can find one that'll do it on your insurance (thankfully the fifth one i called did). Yes its a pain in the #######, yes its inconvenient/frustrating and downright annoying AND goes against the procedure stated on the USCIS website, but i wasn't going to take the risk of my son being put on the 'deportation list'. I really hope they pull their finger out their backsides and get this whole medical fiasco sorted!

I wish you the best of luck.

Selina.

I am going through exactly the same thing with my son. my application went through and i already have my green card. My son got an RFE for medical, so i called them up and was told just to resend the evidence of his medical in the UK and cover letter stating he does NOT need another medical. We did this and about 2 weeks ago got a 'letter of intent to deny'. We tried contacting our congressman and are still awaiting a reply, so last Friday we took my son to a local civil surgeon here, he completed the medical from for us, my son had to undergo a TB skin test (as at the time of K2 visa app he didn't qualify, but now he does..lol) all his vaccination records were transcribed, and we got back the sealed medical form on monday. We really wanted to argue this with USCIS but as we only had 30 days to respond to this RFE we decided to give them what they want now and argue later. If he'd got denied we would have to reapply for AOS (and pay the fee all over again)....i would suggest you ring around a few civil surgeons in your area, and see if you can find one that'll do it on your insurance (thankfully the fifth one i called did). Yes its a pain in the #######, yes its inconvenient/frustrating and downright annoying AND goes against the procedure stated on the USCIS website, but i wasn't going to take the risk of my son being put on the 'deportation list'. I really hope they pull their finger out their backsides and get this whole medical fiasco sorted!

I wish you the best of luck.

Selina.

my 3 yeard old daughter had gone through all those things already in St. Lukes medical center in Manila philippines. when we file our AOS we submitted also the vaccination part together with the vaccination copy given to us by the St. Lukes medical center. my husband is trying to call the customer service now but seems they cannot answer, when my husband try to begin asking questions they hang up,, whats wrong with them.

Edited by confuse

Timeline

My son had gone through them already in the UK, and i submitted all the relevent paperwork at the time of applying for AOS (as i did with my application). Both our medicals were handed in together at the POE in the sealed envelope, but they still said they have no evidence of his medical. They need to pull up your daughters 'A' file and link it to her AOS, i explained this to them in my letter, but they were still adament they had no record of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they find your daughters and this is only a hiccup, i just thought i'd share what we're going through so you can be prepared :)

my husband was able to talk to a level 2 customer service,, she said that they received lots of calls like we have everyday,,,she instructed my husband to send a letter to USCIS stating that my daughter had completed medical already overseas and have submitted the vaccincation part during the AOS application as per requirements.

Timeline

my husband was able to talk to a level 2 customer service,, she said that they received lots of calls like we have everyday,,,she instructed my husband to send a letter to USCIS stating that my daughter had completed medical already overseas and have submitted the vaccincation part during the AOS application as per requirements.

Thats what she told me :) I'd resubmit copies you have of the vaccination supplement and the receipt from the medical if you have it...

Good luck :)

yes we do have the receipt of our medical overseas and the copy of our vaccination supplement but my husband is already heading in the post office now to mail the letter,,, we will see after a few days what would be the respond of this letter we have send.

Timeline

yes we do have the receipt of our medical overseas and the copy of our vaccination supplement but my husband is already heading in the post office now to mail the letter,,, we will see after a few days what would be the respond of this letter we have send.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbs:

If I had to guess, this is arising from those blasted idiot (read poorly trained) employees of the outsourced company responsible for opening AOS submissions and checking all the necessaries are there before forwarding them onto people who have half a clue what they're doing.

Because they don't get many K-1/K-2 AOSers compared to other AOS visas, they don't know because nobody's told them that we have to have our medicals done ahead of time. Except the uproar from the 100s of RFEed K-1ers who suddenly started receiving demands for their medicals has caused them to be told that K-1s submit at POE. And since there are even fewer K-2s, they've not made the link between the two visas. Because that would require using a brain cell.

Every day that goes by makes me wish I'd done what my fiance wanted, which was extend our trip and get married and going down the CR-1 route. I don't have the balls (literally or figuratively! lol) to have done AOS from VWP, especially not with a kid in tow but my God, to not have this AOS cr^p to deal with...

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

LOL...nice post sundrop, couldn't have said it better myself :thumbs: its obvious the people on the phone don't realise that the people on the ground dealing with K1/K2 Aos apps have no clue what they're doing, hence the crappy demands and RFE's...i'm still furious about the whole thing, but we had 30 days from the last notice to comply, and i wasn't going to risk going over that by arguing their own guidelines with them....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by obbynox

Hello all, this is the very angry American spouse! This is what we have to look forward in healthcare reform but I digress. This AOS is the most frustrated part of this immigration process! I have called customer service about 10 times in the last 2 weeks only to talk to drones with no personality reading off a computer screen. I just hang up and call back when I get a drone hoping to find someone halfway intelligent. I have a difficult time thinking that applicants in the past have actually been approved but I know this is true. I wonder if something has changed recently with regards to USCIS and who processes this paperwork? I know I sent the AOS to the Chicago lockbox but then sent the response from RFE to Missouri. What the ****? Take care and God Speed in your journey through the muck they call USCIS!!!

Timeline

Just before christmas i do believe, there was something of a reshuffle from what i can gather (supposed to make the process easier hahaha) and ever since then they don't seem to know their ####### from their elbow. There have been tons of RFE's mainly for K1/K2 filing for AOS....nightmare :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, the vaccination that you submitted to the USCIS from St. Luke i think they need the upgrade form but i dont know if you submitted already the new form that you downloaded from the site and bring it to the civil surgeon..If you did not get it try to download and bring to the civil surgeon because most of the cases like yours..Your status and with your kid they are not the same person who see that in the office of the USCIS..Meaning some people who work in the office is very strict.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.